Thailand’s Covid-19 Administration to meet this Friday about possibly eliminating the emergency decree and to review Covid-19 restrictions

snoop1130

IMG_20210427132010000000-728x485-1-630x420.jpg

The general meeting of the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O’Cha, will consider reviewing the implementation of the Emergency Decree on Friday, September 10th, the CCSA reported today.

The upcoming meeting, according to local media, will further discuss all five sections of the Emergency Decree and the Decree implementation nationwide, which expires based on current orders on September 30th.

The proposal essentially is that the government would instead utilize the Communicable Disease Act B.E. 2558 and similar laws, which will result in the revocation of the CCSA and the relevant agencies. The Ministry of Public Health and its relevant departments would be responsible from October 1st onwards if approved.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/06/thailands-covid-19-administration-to-meet-this-friday-about-possibly-eliminating-the-emergency-decree-and-to-review-covid-19-restrictions/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Are you aware of the vaccination % (two shots) of the countries that you refer to and also the current % of folk that have received 2 jabs here in Thailand?

Yes I am thank you Dr Jack.  Are you aware of how many fully vaxxed and fully tested visitors there have been to the Phuket sandbox and how few of them have subsequently tested positive for Covid?  

Edited by Adelphi
  • Haha 2

The Emergency Decree SOE is the main tool being used against Street protesters so I can't see it not being extended. Course they know with only 12% of the population fully vaccinated and opening up the country infections will likely increase not decrease. I wonder if this is more a political threat as they wouldn't be able to crack down on student protesters.

Edited by DirtyHarry55

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

will consider reviewing the implementation of the Emergency Decree on Friday, September 10th, the CCSA reported today.

The protesters are ignoring the Decree, which was the main reason it was left in place to stop them, so no point in extending it now, unless little tu tu thinks extending it will stop even more protesting, dream on little man.

14 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

"This could also, notes TPN media, mean that a COE to enter Thailand for visitors from an embassy or consulate could be no longer needed, which would be welcomed by visitors and tourists." 

Sorry, but I have a hard time to believe that'll happen this year. 

Obviously everyone coming to Th works for an Embassy or Consulate....

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

The Emergency Decree SOE is the main tool being used against Street protesters so I can't see it not being extended. Course they know with only 12% of the population fully vaccinated and opening up the country infections will likely increase not decrease. I wonder if this is more a political threat as they wouldn't be able to crack down on student protesters.

What is "the Emergency Decree SOE"? Can you give a link to it?

I am familiar with these two emergency decrees:

1.  Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situation, B.E. 2548 (2005), English translation

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-gIxVAPrLfhJ38e4CYJ0c3OTsrUBnbVj/view?usp=sharing

2.  Emergency Decree 2018 amending Immigration Act, Thai text

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hMFgrXuNPYONQMod0-5SvQQ3XBGEoMDJ/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Puccini

On 9/6/2021 at 8:36 PM, DrJack54 said:

Are you aware of the vaccination % (two shots) of the countries that you refer to and also the current % of folk that have received 2 jabs here in Thailand?

Not sure how that interacts with his statement:

The risk of letting fully vaccinated and tested people enter the country is minimal.

Are you saying there won't be enough tourists 'cause of the vaccination rates of countries with tourist anxious to visit Thailand (and which such tourists, no doubt, are of the vaccinated population)? Or are you saying potential tourists will be put off by the low vaccination rate in Thailand? This latter point is possible -- but I doubt it, same as I don't worry about walking around downtown Chiang Mai, vaccinated and with a mask, knowing the covid rate has been very manageable. No, if I were freezing my butt off in Michigan in the dead of winter, fully vaccinated, and with all the travel red tape finally done away with -- you bet Thailand would look attractive -- regardless of their country's vaccination rates.

Edited by JimGant