Thailand reports 13,821 new COVID-19 cases and 241 more deaths

webfact

Mixing CanSinoBIO, Sinovac COVID shots induces stronger response than Sinovac alone -study

BEIJING, Sept 7 (Reuters) - A Chinese study looking at mixing COVID-19 vaccines showed that receiving a booster shot of CanSino Biologics' vaccine after one or two doses of Sinovac Biotech's (SVA.O) vaccine yielded a much stronger antibody response than using the Sinovac shot as a booster.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/mixing-cansinobio-sinovac-covid-shots-induces-stronger-response-than-sinovac-2021-09-07/

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

One very unlucky woman (health worker in India).

Caught covid in 2020, then when recovered had a Covishield vaccine (Indian AZ version). Caught covid alpha variant with moderate symptoms, recovered had a booster, then finally caught covid yet again delta variant with serious symptoms needing oxygen in hospital. Survived and now well, lets hope she avoids any new variants in the future!!

Obviously a very rare one off case, like getting struck with lightening twice!

Severe SARS-CoV-2 Breakthrough Reinfection With Delta Variant After Recovery From Breakthrough Infection by Alpha Variant in a Fully Vaccinated Health Worker

Could this also be why Thailand does not believe the bodies own immunities produced after a bout with covid are not good enough and are mandating them to be vaccinated within three months of recovering? Currently running in another OP.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Southeast Asia Nations Plan To ‘Live With Virus’ As Delta Surges

More developing countries in Southeast Asia are looking ahead to living with the virus. But can they afford to pay the price?

A growing number of countries in Southeast Asia are making plans to shift from “zero-COVID” strategies to a policy of living with the disease, even as the highly contagious Delta variant of the coronavirus is propelling new waves of infections across the region.

https://thediplomat.com/2021/09/southeast-asia-nations-plan-to-live-with-virus-as-delta-surges/

Seems that they have all taken the view that the balance has gone too far and now the economy is number 1. 

Much the same happened in the UK once they reached the 70% vaccination mark so maybe a bit premature or will they up the vaccination programme even further. 

My guess is they are now on a roadmap which ain’t gonna turn regardless. Reminds me of a Boris speech.  

Edited by Kadilo

9 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Yeah he posted the exact same extract from the CDC as Thailand Ryan. 

Page 2 if you missed it, one below the other. Can’t miss it…….well unless you choose to. 

I guess they must both be trolling,  baiting and spreading delusional nonsense?

As for the ignore list…………deflate your ego, no one cares. 

My response was to another poster and was an excerpt from the link nothing more @Kadiloin order to answer a question posed. Move on and stop trolling me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

My response was to another poster and was an excerpt from the link nothing more @Kadiloin order to answer a question posed. Move on and stop trolling me.

I was merely pointing out that the gentleman being accused of trolling etc was quoting the same post as yourself in answering a question., so I’m struggling to understand how he can be accused of all sorts. 

If anyone, Its him that is being trolled and targeted for what ever reason. 

Apologies of you feel differently.

Was in no way an accusation of trolling on your part, quite the opposite in fact. 

Stay safe.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Mixing CanSinoBIO, Sinovac COVID shots induces stronger response than Sinovac alone -study

BEIJING, Sept 7 (Reuters) - A Chinese study looking at mixing COVID-19 vaccines showed that receiving a booster shot of CanSino Biologics' vaccine after one or two doses of Sinovac Biotech's (SVA.O) vaccine yielded a much stronger antibody response than using the Sinovac shot as a booster.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/mixing-cansinobio-sinovac-covid-shots-induces-stronger-response-than-sinovac-2021-09-07/

Chinese booster studies pumping out rapidly, second one today  5555

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The Cabinet has on Tuesday approved the purchase of 12 million Sinovac doses worth 4.25 billion baht. They said it will be used for the Sinovac first dose and AstraZeneca second dose mix and match vaccination method. (1/2)

The approval came after the health ministry said last week that the government will not buy anymore Sinovac after October to concentrate on the AZ first dose and Pfizer second dose method. (2/2)

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1435169256132337667

Thankfully from Oct there is no longer any need for this vaccine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Could this also be why Thailand does not believe the bodies own immunities produced after a bout with covid are not good enough and are mandating them to be vaccinated within three months of recovering? Currently running in another OP.

That's crazy, talk about bad luck

13 minutes ago, club said:

That's if Pfizer shows up in October. Big if. I had thought end of year for Pfizer

Due to receive 10 million in last

3 months of year. 

…….and yes I know it’s no guarantee. ????

Edited by Kadilo

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Channel 36 live now is discussing the MOPH data base hack and Anutin is trying to downplay it.  Apparently there was a lot of information accessed.  One wonders exactly what was taken.  Will be interesting to see what shows up on another platform as apparently there was much Covid 19 info taken, which as being discussed could be everyone's vaccination records etc....16 million records both in English and Thai. Thailand surely must have some very lax database security with this now being the 4th major hack including the Immigration programs.

More hacks than a 32 handicapper! 

This is a strange virus - it will be very interesting to see what we learn years from now once research has been done properly.

It goes in big waves.  The rest of the world is going through these waves and they all eventually go down.  I believe that Thailands is certainly dropping, but 14k cases per day is still very very very brutal.  

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

A well known boarding school in Nong Khai has been ordered shut after 353 students and teachers tested positive for Covid-19 

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1435187676995461121

(Thai language)

https://www.dailynews.co.th/news/244792/

Looks like there is more than meets the eye around the country and is not making it into the cases count as they are using ATK test kits.  Still have not heard any follow-u to yesterdays Phuket market story and the 711 infections and closure there either.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Channel 36 live now is discussing the MOPH data base hack and Anutin is trying to downplay it.  Apparently there was a lot of information accessed.  One wonders exactly what was taken.  Will be interesting to see what shows up on another platform as apparently there was much Covid 19 info taken, which as being discussed could be everyone's vaccination records etc....16 million records both in English and Thai. Thailand surely must have some very lax database security with this now being the 4th major hack including the Immigration programs.

(Usually whenever a Thai state entity has been “hacked”, it’s probably because of shoddy IT infrastructure or as simple as the equivalent of leaving the door open.)

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1435090642313433096

• Like 1

Thailand’s Public Health Ministry is preparing to import Molnupiravir, which researchers claim is the first oral drug to quickly block the COVID-19 virus.

Department of Medical Services (DMS) Director-General Dr. Somsak Ankasil said health officials would give approval to import Molnupiravir if phase 3 trials by its developers, Merck and Ridgeback Therapeutics, are successful. Molnupiravir is among several anti-coronavirus drugs currently undergoing phase 2 and 3 trials abroad, with results expected at the end of this month, in October and November.

https://www.facebook.com/130075662049/posts/10158240116112050/

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, anchadian said:

A well known boarding school in Nong Khai has been ordered shut after 353 students and teachers tested positive for Covid-19 

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1435187676995461121

(Thai language)

https://www.dailynews.co.th/news/244792/

Surely the schools would have had all teachers vaccinated? Maybe they need to re think?

"A new school programme, the “Sandbox Safety Zone in School” is being launched to reopen 68 schools across Thailand. The programme is being launched by the Ministry of Education.

Reopened schools must be boarding schools

The learning must be voluntary

The school’s readiness must be in line with health measures"

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/68-schools-to-reopen-as-part-of-sandbox-safety-zone-in-school-programme

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Plus Zero cases confirmed from ATK tests yesterday? Very strange

Cases have nearly halved but  deaths, which cannot be hidden due to being reported by the hospital’s are still the same/higher. Another very strange observation that just does not add up.

• Confused 1

It appears that legitimate science and studies/research of such are turning towards the development of COVID therapeutics and prophylactics - be they natural or pharmaceutical - as a sound long term preventative measure. 

• Like 2

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) is ready to start administering Pfizer vaccine to 12 to 18-year-olds who are among high risk groups in 437 schools operated BMA from September 21st, said Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang today (Tuesday).

Registration for vaccination, via QR Code, began on Monday and will close tomorrow.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bangkoks-at-risk-school-students-to-be-jabbed-with-pfizer-from-sep-21/

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Surely the schools would have had all teachers vaccinated? Maybe they need to re think?

"A new school programme, the “Sandbox Safety Zone in School” is being launched to reopen 68 schools across Thailand. The programme is being launched by the Ministry of Education.

Reopened schools must be boarding schools

The learning must be voluntary

The school’s readiness must be in line with health measures"

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/68-schools-to-reopen-as-part-of-sandbox-safety-zone-in-school-programme

I didn't realise there were as many as 68 boarding schools in Thailand.  

2 hours ago, Dene16 said:

Cases have nearly halved but  deaths, which cannot be hidden due to being reported by the hospital’s are still the same/higher. Another very strange observation that just does not add up.

Deaths lag for at least 2 weeks or more. I suspect that death rates will still be quite high for the next month or so. I read recently that those in ICU can be there for 304 weeks or more. Look at Indonesia - 7201 cases but 683 deaths. This is because they had very high case numbers for a long time. 

• Like 1

I think Issan rates are climbing.

5 in the village next to us.

3 in our village.

Everyone wearing masks but still parties at night with the young unemployed and old ladies gathering during the day to gossip.

Hygiene isn't very good in Issan to put it mildly.  

Lots of small houses with entire families.

IMO I'm surprised it isn't worse up here.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

I think Issan rates are climbing.

5 in the village next to us.

3 in our village.

Everyone wearing masks but still parties at night with the young unemployed and old ladies gathering during the day to gossip.

Hygiene isn't very good in Issan to put it mildly.  

Lots of small houses with entire families.

IMO I'm surprised it isn't worse up here.

Serious question. I'm very ignorant of number of folks that constitutes a village. Guess it varies greatly.

Is 80 people ridiculous guess or much higher. 

Edited by DrJack54