Pattaya Opens in October - Retirees Question

D M G

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I would say about 70% money and 30% control. When this unelected PM and his soldiers make up laws, you can bet money will always be the main motivation.

Quite possibly but the military mindset does tend to prioritize absolute obedience and control ... it's why they're no good at running countries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/10/2021 at 9:02 AM, RichardColeman said:

It's a real sham really ! I have a house I can go isolate in in Pattaya if required. I can send the wife and daughter to Nan visit the parents or sister in BKK for two weeks after she stocks up all the cupboards for me to use in 2 weeks, yet I am not allowed to do it.

Sometimes it seems more money driven than health driven

Totally agree, all about the money, mainly benefitting the larger chain hotels and tourist attractions. How with all the red tape, staying in certain designated hotels, only visiting designated attractions, is it going to benefit the many street food vendors, small street side eateries, bars, independent small restaurants, etc. Money for the big boys. Ok, it will benefit the staff of those larger places but not the mass of those who earn a living from the tourism. I for one think I will return when I can stay in my girlfriends condo and spend time with her, not restricted to certain areas.

• Like 1

This is all going to change for tourists after a meeting on Friday, according to an article in today's Bangkok Post Business section. No quarantine, travel will be restricted within the Banglamung area, PCR test costs will be halved, the Mor Chana app still has to be activated and guests have to report daily to their hotel manager.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 3:02 PM, RichardColeman said:

It's a real sham really ! I have a house I can go isolate in in Pattaya if required. I can send the wife and daughter to Nan visit the parents or sister in BKK for two weeks after she stocks up all the cupboards for me to use in 2 weeks, yet I am not allowed to do it.

Sometimes it seems more money driven than health driven

So how do we know you will really stay home and not sneak out to a pub?  Oh, you course YOU wouldn't...but how about that other guy?? ????

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, donmuang37 said:

So how do we know you will really stay home and not sneak out to a pub?  Oh, you course YOU wouldn't...but how about that other guy?? ????

Firstly you would have to find a pub or bar that is open.

Secondly you can do exactly the same from a hotel unless you are confined 24/7.

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

Firstly you would have to find a pub or bar that is open.

Secondly you can do exactly the same from a hotel unless you are confined 24/7.

The point you deliberately ignore is that quarantine hotels do not let you.... someone suggested he had his own place and could isolate there..... and many responses deemed that as risky... people cannot be trusted. 

On 9/14/2021 at 5:45 PM, donmuang37 said:

It's not just about the person in isolation sneaking out, it's also who they might invite to sneak in, who then later leaves, possibly taking covid with them.  

On 9/17/2021 at 3:58 AM, Leaver said:

It's not just about the person in isolation sneaking out, it's also who they might invite to sneak in, who then later leaves, possibly taking covid with them.  

No!  That would just never ever happen.  Who would think of doing such a dastardly thing?

• Haha 1