Non-immigrant Visa, London

I have been loosely planning a return to Thailand for a while now to reunite with my wife who I haven't seen for eighteen months.  I woke up this morning and decided to bite the bullet and start things in motion by applying for a visa on the grounds that with the visa out of the way I would have three months to sort out all the other 'necessities'.

So I start to complete the e-visa application for the Thai Embassy in London.  I then discover that flight and hotel details are requirements for the application.  I have had a number of different visas over the last 20 years but I'm pretty sure I have never needed to book such things before applying for a visa.  I appreciate that there have ben many changes lately so is this also new ?

Is there anyone who has been through this procedure (visas, quarantine, COE, etc) with the Embassy in London who would be prepared to message me to allow me to pick your brain about your experience ? 

Are you sure they were wanting a round trip ticket. A ticket to here is normally required for visas now.

A return is not required for a non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai.

You do not need a hotel reservation. You could use your wifes address to apply for the visa/

Info is here on the e visa site. https://thaievisa.go.th/non-immigrant-o

I just received my NON-O based on marriage from London this week. I started the application on Monday 6th and it arrived on Friday 10th. I never supplied hotel or flight bookings to get it. I am currently awaiting final approval of my COE, where you do have to supply quarantine hotel and flight booking confirmations. But you supply them only after you have been pre-approved for the COE.

When I applied at London for my NON-O, they did request a bank statement showing at least £1,500, wife ID card, copy of her House Registration book, and a signed Declaration Form. I also threw in a hand written letter from the wife requesting they allow to me come to visit her in Thailand.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

I had confirmation by email from the Thai Embassy in London that my visa was being processed. I had to send a copy of my wife's house book, even though it's my condo, I sent a copy of my yellow book previously. Also a bank statement with at least £1000 in it and also my home address on the statement.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, hounddog said:

I just received my NON-O based on marriage from London this week. I started the application on Monday 6th and it arrived on Friday 10th. I never supplied hotel or flight bookings to get it. I am currently awaiting final approval of my COE, where you do have to supply quarantine hotel and flight booking confirmations. But you supply them only after you have been pre-approved for the COE.

When I applied at London for my NON-O, they did request a bank statement showing at least £1,500, wife ID card, copy of her House Registration book, and a signed Declaration Form. I also threw in a hand written letter from the wife requesting they allow to me come to visit her in Thailand.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply.  I'm guessing that you made the application in person at the Embassy as using the e-visa on-line application flight and hotel are mandatory fields and I couldnt continue without completing them.

I've contacted the Embassy but as yesterday was a Sunday I'll have to wait for their reply.

Hounddog, did you have to send a prepaid special delivery envelope with your passport? I've done all the application online but they are very vague on the actual mechanisms of posting - I'm going to send in the passport by Special Delivery and include a pre-paid Special Delivery envelope for the retun - is that what you did? Thanks!

I assume you are not on any of the facebook help forums. It is acceptable for the flight to upload a screenshot of your intended booking. Start a booking process and take it as far as you can without paying, screenshot that and upload to the visa site. ensure it shows flight number. For accomodation screenshot your intended ASQ booking or as UJ suggested your wifes address.

1 hour ago, sussex said:

Hounddog, did you have to send a prepaid special delivery envelope with your passport? I've done all the application online but they are very vague on the actual mechanisms of posting - I'm going to send in the passport by Special Delivery and include a pre-paid Special Delivery envelope for the retun - is that what you did? Thanks!

Yes you have to send a SAE envelope, you now pay the Visa Fee with a card and the return postage is not included, you pay tracked for both send and return, the PO will put a stamp on the the envelope you put in when you send your passport and bar code letter. 
i did mine in April, posted on the Tuesday arrived back on the Friday.