COVID-19: Thailand reports 12,583 new coronavirus cases and 16,304 recoveries

webfact

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Things are improving, but still no likelihood of schools re-opening any time soon.  Shameful.

I'd like to see schools open as soon as possible but teachers in my daughter's school have only just received their first dose of vaccine so I for one won't be happy to see her go back before her teachers have received both shots.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

I'd like to see schools open as soon as possible but teachers in my daughter's school have only just received their first dose of vaccine so I for one won't be happy to see her go back before her teachers have received both shots.

Not sure what vaccine your daughters teachers received however as your aware AZ is being given 12 weeks apart.

My second AZ not even due till late Oct. 

Perhaps for teachers they can use Pfizer? What's the time between shots for Pfizer? 3-4 weeks? 

Edited by DrJack54

10 minutes ago, anchadian said:

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 92: 722,377

DAY 93: 826,013

DAY 94: 713,454

DAY 95: 698,621

DAY 96: 758,503

DAY 97: 428,605 <— Saturday

DAY 98: 215,889 <— Sunday

TOTAL: 40,276,356 doses since 28 February

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1437294745735155712

I wonder why the slow down as far as the lower numbers this past Friday, but then the increased Saturday numbers did make up for theat.  It would be awesome if they could manage to vaccinate 1 million a day as Anutin said they would be doing, especially since they are apparently moving forward with the opening up of the country starting in October which is just 17 days from today.  I will keep my fingers crossed that there is no blowback if cases do increase, and they decide to hold off on the Grand re-opening.  Cases in Phuket are a worry, as well as todays numbers for the ATK tests yesterday. Friends from the US who normally come during the high season/Christmas-New Years, want to make reservations but are concerned.  They did not come last year because of the issues, and now with the level 4 travel advisory and paperwork it is a big issue as they only have between 2 and 3 weeks of vacation time they can take.

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Friends from the US who normally come during the high season/Christmas-New Years, want to make reservations but are concerned.

I'm very surprised that you haven't discouraged them. 

Not much to do in Thailand unless laying on a beach all day (and evening) is your thing.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not much to do in Thailand unless laying on a beach all day (and evening) is your thing.

Obviously not everyone thinks it will be the same in 3 months time. 

They will have hit their vaccination target and pending the daily infection  numbers continuing to fall do you really believe that there won’t be further relaxations between now and then? 

Edited by Kadilo

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Can you let us know what your babbling on about? Half glasses gloom merchants, wallowing in misery?

The one thing that this pandemic has highlighted, to me at least, is that the world is full of glass half empty doom and gloom merchants, who just live to wallow in misery.

What part of what I said are you struggling to understand?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

They are Thai nationals with US residency and come home at that time due to the School break for the kids and visit Grandma and Grandpa up country in Udon Thani, Nakhon Ratchasima, and Saraburi.  They don't hit the tourist areas when they come except for a stop over here in BKK to shop before heading home with the new clothes they pick up from the Palladium and the clothing malls.  Their concern is being able to travel onward and not be stuck here in a 14 day quarantine in BKK as they do not have but the 3 weeks maximum, as they do not get paid when they do not work as they work in Thai restaurants in California. It is why I always keep an eye on the Udon Thani numbers and watch as they porpoise up and down, yesterday at 180+ and today back down to 69.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

Southeast Asian countries realize they can no longer afford their strict COVID control measures

Even as they struggle with one of the world’s worst COVID-19 outbreaks, nations across Southeast Asia are slowly realizing that they can no longer afford the economy-crippling restrictions needed to squash it.

https://fortune.com/2021/09/13/covid-southeast-asia-cases-response-lockdown-singapore-malaysia-thailand-vietnam/

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Sitting at number 10 in the world on weekly trends too.....ie the here and now not historical

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/weekly-trends/

Thanks for the update. Always nice to get a different perspective so I appreciate the latest Info. 

To use your table, using the death rates as these seem to be the ones people think are more difficult to massage:

Thailand 44th in the world table in the last 7 days/million of population.. Still 10th in Asia. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Thanks for the update. Always nice to get a different perspective so I appreciate the latest Info. 

To use your table, using the death rates as these seem to be the ones people think are more difficult to massage:

Thailand 44th in the table in the last 7 days/million of population. 

Correct but the perspective that is used when assessing how a pandemic is in progress in real world situations is the weekly trends, thats why they have that as the main category after the historical table. 

Playing around with the secondary tabs you can get all sorts of results such as Thailand being of one the least covid tested countries in the world, ie 151

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Correct but the perspective that is used when assessing how a pandemic is in progress in real world situations is the weekly trends, thats why they have that as the main category after the historical tables. 

Playing around with the secondary tabs you can get all sorts of results such as Thailand being of one the least covid tested countries in the world.

Yes we know it’s one of the least tested countries according to you.  We can hardly miss it, we read about it on here every day. 

But irrespective of that the death rate is the one that can’t hide the real gravity of the situation and is a true indicator of how severe the currently problem is., well according to what I’ve been reading on this forum for the past few months anyhow. as you and others have been claiming it’s more difficult to hide 

………. and for the past 7 days for death rates/ million of population Thailand is 44th in the world. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I see you've decided to leave out the opening insult this time, always better that way as you're more likely to get a civil response back that way. 

You're life may well be happy clappy at the present time and happy for you if it is, others of us have struggles in these times, there's not much to be happy about when hospitals are still full and high numbers of people are still dying. Business's closed, schools closed and people still receiving food hand outs.

I won't bother to ask you if you understand. 

Firstly, I didn't insult anyone, and secondly, my conversation wasn't with you, so I've no idea why you're getting involved.

As for the rest of your post, I'm well aware of the struggles and hardship covid  is causing. I've no idea why you feel the need to tell me that, as none of my posts made any reference to said hardship.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mockingbird said:

Firstly, I didn't insult anyone, and secondly, my conversation wasn't with you, so I've no idea why you're getting involved.

As for the rest of your post, I'm well aware of the struggles and hardship covid  is causing. I've no idea why you feel the need to tell me that, as none of my posts made any reference to said hardship.

You replied to me directly with:

"The one thing that this pandemic has highlighted, to me at least, is that the world is full of glass half empty doom and gloom merchants, who just live to wallow in misery.

What part of what I said are you struggling to understand?"

I've already responded to that to give you a reason why and this is an open forum where people do respond to other posts, if you do not like it that way you could always use a PM

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Where exactly do I post on the threads daily that its one of the least tested in the world apart from in my response to you just now? a quote would be good?

Ask the doctors in Bangkok who have publicly stated that deaths are under counted.

My mistake. I’ve edited it as a general comment not specifically from you. 

I’m sure you can’t disageee with rhat

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

My mistake. I’ve edited it as a general comment not specifically from you. 

I’m sure you can’t disageee with rhat

Correct I can't disagree with that.

It happens to be a factual statistic so of course its mentioned, testing is vital. If posters including me mention it then its relevant to the topic and relevant to identifying the real number of cases. When the official dashboard stopped displaying the numbers of tests carried out a few days ago then it raises the questions further.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Not sure what vaccine your daughters teachers received however as your aware AZ is being given 12 weeks apart.

My second AZ not even due till late Oct. 

Perhaps for teachers they can use Pfizer? What's the time between shots for Pfizer? 3-4 weeks? 

The first shot they just had was Sinopharm, 2nd is due before the end of Sept I believe.

• Thanks 1

Official survey underway among people who have recovered from COVID-19

The survey, only in Thai at present, can be found on the website https://longcovidsurvey.dms.go.th/

The survey gathers information on the symptoms, and their severity, which people experience after recovering from COVID-19. The information will be used to help in the treatment of COVID-19 patients with other health complications.

Some patients may experience some COVID-19 symptoms after 12 weeks, with headaches in severe cases where patients received late treatment, as well as damage to the lungs. COVID-19 may also increase the severity of underlying diseases, such as those of the heart, kidney and brain damage.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/official-survey-underway-among-people-who-have-recovered-from-covid-19/

• Thanks 1

Government urges people to get vaccinated, points to recent fall in death rates

The government is urging people, especially people within the venerable groups, to get vaccinated against the virus as the issue has been highly politicalized and mortality rates among vulnerable groups are still high.

“Vaccination is part of the reasons that helped lowered the number of Covid deaths,” said Dr Taweein Wisanuyothin, the spokesman of the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).

https://www.thaienquirer.com/32586/government-urges-people-to-get-vaccinated-points-to-recent-fall-in-death-rates/

• Like 2