Next Fortnight Crucial in Decision to Ease More of Thailand’s COVID-19 Restrictions

webfact

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Reason enough to close down the island.

You need spare beds for emergency patients like heart attacks, car accidents, etc.

Its very odd way of doing business this "Sandbox" fiasco.

There are provinces with less new cases that are red but Phuket is still orange 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Is he sure that it’s not due to less testing that the numbers have fallen the deaths still remain high which puzzles me if the number of cases have dropped 

the number of deaths lags the number of infections by several weeks, so you cannot compare one with the other for the same day.

"A good proportion of people having had two shots of vaccine is not guaranteed to bring infection rates down, as has been seen in America and European countries."

Is he actually looking at the numbers in the US. Infection rates are down in areas with higher proportions of the population receiving vaccinations versus areas with low vaccination rates. 

3 hours ago, tingtong said:

Thailand might not be the only country planning to attract back tourists with closed shops, no alcohol and a full night curfew....

But I don't know any other country where this plan worked out.

The tourists aren't that necessary - 

What should be a priority is getting the real Thai economy back on it's feet.

One might be surprise to learn that a greater percentile of the real everyday Thai economy isn't dependent, directly or indirectly, on the trickle down tourist side.

• Sad 1

Considering that Thailand makes a lot of money from tourists during the Winter months from November until April.

I would say that the conditions and restrictions in the tourist areas of Thailand may get a bit more relaxed

if the Thai government and TAT want to really see more money coming to Thailand this Winter.

It is just a feeling that I have, as I believe that there are some rich people in Thailand who are heavily invested in

the tourist industry.  In Thailand, Money talks  and other stuff walks.

Geezer

10 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Reason enough to close down the island.

You need spare beds for emergency patients like heart attacks, car accidents, etc.

Its very odd way of doing business this "Sandbox" fiasco.

Some people don't care for Washington Post, but they don't lie about raw numbers like this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/alabama-man-dies-after-being-turned-away-from-43-hospitals-as-covid-packs-icus-family-says/ar-AAOmK37?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnb7Kz&fbclid=IwAR2j-yRsTYbYcIx_ZInEUi3XgqFLrcy_s6OK7scW5q1iqMm60WIOdt1KKy4

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Interesting.

I don't care much for the WP either.

14 hours ago, tingtong said:

Thailand might not be the only country planning to attract back tourists with closed shops, no alcohol and a full night curfew....

But I don't know any other country where this plan worked out.

Alcohol promotes kissing, face masking gets sloppy when you dunk.

Better to drink rice whiskey, ride 

motorbike no helmet, speed up when you see trucks wanting to uturn. No worries just stay away from protest, go home don’t spread disease, isolate grannies into the rice paddock , then they feel safe, and no karaoke, no drinks from 7, just home made, ok!

• Haha 2