Thailand reports 11,786 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

COV14.jpg

File photo: REUTERS/Chalinee Thirasupa

Thailand on Tuesday (September 14) reported 11,786 new COVID-19 cases, 14,738 recoveries and 136 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

● 14,738 recoveries

11,515 new infections 

271 prison / prison infections

Tuesday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 1,406,542 with 14,621 deaths.

(Total infections since April 1: 1,377,679)

The news comes as over 84% of those who have died from COVID-19 in Thailand were not vaccinated, or did not have an official record of vaccination, and 7.2% had received just one vaccine dose, according to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).

As Thailand logged 132 more deaths yesterday, lower than the daily figures reported last month, CCSA Spokesman Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin attributed the positive trend to the mass inoculation of the country’s population.

13,637 people died between April 1st and September 9th this year, with 95.82% of them dying in hospital.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update14SEP).png

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Cases for the most part are decreasing which is welcomed as long as it is truthful and not fictitious in nature.  However, the Phuket numbers seem to be hanging in the 200's daily instead of dropping down.  I will wait to see if there is still the ongoing yo-yo porpoise effect occurring later on when the provincial numbers come out.  As we made our donation deliveries this past Sunday I was told that many people in the side sois have been contacted by the BMA and have been tested using the ATK test kits, as well as the mobile bus driving around and inoculating/vaccinating folks.  Seems like the BMA is trying to stay on top of the spread and cases here in BKK which is a good thing.  Tried several times to register the GF yesterday and all of the sites would not accept her information as she has a NON-LA visa and extension.  Made a phone call to the hotline and was told that she will need to wait until they get to her age group....why?????.  Was told by another location that she could get a sinovac and then a AZ vaccine, but due to her medical issues that is a no-go.  Would like for her to get the Pfizer or even Moderna, which by the way she was given her refund for from the hospital we had registered her at for the Moderna.  Oh well, lets see what happens, but it sure seems the Government is intent on reopening in just a little over two weeks according to some of the business folks I have been speaking with.  

Maybe Phukets numbers are untruthful or fictitious! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Tried several times to register the GF yesterday and all of the sites would not accept her information as she has a NON-LA visa and extension.  Made a phone call to the hotline and was told that she will need to wait until they get to her age group....why

people under 18 have to wait 

just kidding lol

Pattaya have dropped the age for foreigners to over 18 I believe, started at 60 then dropped to 40 and now 18, surely Bangkok would be the same 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, smedly said:

people under 18 have to wait 

just kidding lol

Pattaya have dropped the age for foreigners to over 18 I believe, started at 60 then dropped to 40 and now 18, surely Bangkok would be the same 

If she was a Thai National it would be no problem.  However she is not.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Surely she is counted as a foreigner like you and me when it comes to vaccines - in Pattaya the program that was run by BPH was specifically for non Thais and the age is now 18+, Medpark are running a similar program as are Bumrungrad - I had appointments for both but cancelled when I was invited locally here in Pattaya - so at one point I had 3 options for vaccination, anyway hope you get something sorted soon 

Best Regards

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That's also what the Phuket News is wondering. A dare to be honest

This part of the Opinion Piece stuck in my craw when I read it:

"Something is going seriously wrong with the reporting of the infections, deaths, the current economic situation in Phuket, and it is no longer a laughing matter of gross incompetence. It is now just plain insulting.  Of note, it was heartening to hear that Minister of Culture Itthipol Khunpluem was in Phuket in person this week to deliver the message from Bangkok for local officials to clearly report the situation accurately and in a timely manner so that officials can draft appropriate policies in response to the COVID situation as it unfolds"

One can only look at this same opinion and paint the same picture of information as being true to all of Thailand.  "Sorry folks, but it is hard for us to tell the truth, said Anutin" - Sarcastic and not a real statement. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

There's a sign outside Amarin Plaza today (Chitlom) saying "walk-in Pfizer".  She could try there.  Also my Lao wife successfully registered via the BCCT, but that was for AZ which I seem to remember is not suitable for your girlfriend.

Edited by brewsterbudgen
accuracy!
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Prachuap Khiri Khan Governor Phallop Singhaseni has ordered a temporary closure of Hua Hin Safari open zoo in Thabtai subdistrict for 15 days, from September 12 to 26, to curb the spread of Covid-19 after 35 zoo staff tested positive

Of the 35, 18 are animal caretakers, according to the zoo’s report.

Phallop, who also chairs the province’s communicable disease committee, told the public health office to test and isolate people in the high-risk group who had close contact with staffers, as well as disinfect the zoo and nearby areas.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40006104

So does this mean that Hua Hin is not ready to open to the Domestic and international travelers? or does it mean they have the virus cornered and it will be abating soon as the Government keeps saying.  I do not think that no matter what steps are taken that the virus will go away.  Sanitize everything, vaccinate those that want and keep testing regularly instead of only testing where you want to.  How can you open up when you keep testing different areas and finding that the folks have covid, oops must have been doing the testing so they could be open and had not tested folks before and the ugly virus showed up for a visit as well.  

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Chonburi Public Health Office is reporting 955 new cases today and 12 deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (295), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (137), and Si Racha (189). There are 13,621 patients in care

E_M9tW6VUAAuiPK.jpg.21d24acc8d16869421b7726219c212c7.jpg

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1437560563538665474

Further details:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/14/chonburi-new-and-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-rise-to-955-with-12-deaths/

• Like 1

An off topic post about "Seriously ill COVID-19 patients double in vaccine pace-setter Singapore" has been removed.  There is a forum for that here:   Singapore Covid 19

The post was also in violation of the following forum rule:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

State welfare card initiative unsuccessful in helping Thais fight poverty

Thailand’s state welfare card program has failed to reduce poverty, the Finance Ministry said this week, citing the economic downturn caused by the Covid-19 pandemic and rising unemployment. 

https://www.thaienquirer.com/32612/state-welfare-card-initiative-unsuccessful-in-helping-thais-fight-poverty/

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

There's a sign outside Amarin Plaza today (Chitlom) saying "walk-in Pfizer".  She could try there.  Also my Lao wife successfully registered via the BCCT, but that was for AZ which I seem to remember is not suitable for your girlfriend.

Thanks @brewsterbudgen, I will take a ride out there

THAILAND’S ECONOMIC OUTLOOK: THE DELTA VARIANT CHANGED EVERYTHING

September 14, 2021
Since the beginning of 2021, Thailand has taken a step forward and two steps back regarding our handling of the pandemic.

• Like 1

From the confirmed cases:

- 10,345 were found via walk-in tests at medical facilities

- 1,436 via proactive tests at known clusters

- 5 imported cases

14,738 people have recovered in the past 24 hours

#โควิด19 #โควิด19วันนี้ #Thailand #Covid19

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1437661795901054976