Covid Passport in Bangkok

Whale

To answer my own question, the current Bangkok area locations are:

1) International Communicable Disease Control Port (at Suvarnabhumi Airport) no walk ins allowed at present, submit docs and flight details by email.

2)Travel Clinic at Bamrasnaradura Infectious Disease Institute (in Nonthaburi)

3) Urban Institute for Disease Prevention and Control (Phahonyothin Rd, Anusawari, Bang Khen, Bangkok)

4) General Communicable Disease Division, Department of Disease Control head office, Nonthaburi

I am assuming this must be expanded in the near future to make it easier as its takes 5 days to get one as well)

Has anyone done this yet? Is it easy or a bureaucratic minefield?

Edited by Whale

20 minutes ago, Whale said:

Has anyone done this yet? Is it easy or a bureaucratic minefield?

In April, the Disease Control Department announced the release of Thailand’s COVID certificate. The passport will resemble vaccine certificates that have been commonplace for decades, like the Yellow Fever Card.

It will display the traveler’s name and identification number as well as the dates of vaccination and the type of vaccine received.

Thailand’s vaccine passport is issued by appointment at one of the following institutions:

• The Bureau of General Communicable Disease at Suvarnabhumi airport
  • Travel Medicine Clinic
  • Bamrasnaradura Infectious Disease Institute
  • Urban Disease Control and Prevention, Bang Khen, Bangkok

“Those who have completed the vaccination will receive a COVID-19 certificate,” announced Anutin Charnvirakul, Thailand’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health, after a National Communicable Diseases Committee held on March 8th, 2021.

The government refers to this document as a “vaccine passport” since it is meant to help restore international travel and tourism, a key industry for the Southeast Asian country.

“If you wish to travel abroad, bring a certificate of vaccination, obtain a vaccine passport or ‘yellow book‘,” said Charnvirakul.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

In April, the Disease Control Department announced the release of Thailand’s COVID certificate. The passport will resemble vaccine certificates that have been commonplace for decades, like the Yellow Fever Card.

It will display the traveler’s name and identification number as well as the dates of vaccination and the type of vaccine received.

Thailand’s vaccine passport is issued by appointment at one of the following institutions:

• Travel Medicine Clinic

“Those who have completed the vaccination will receive a COVID-19 certificate,” announced Anutin Charnvirakul, Thailand’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health, after a National Communicable Diseases Committee held on March 8th, 2021.

The government refers to this document as a “vaccine passport” since it is meant to help restore international travel and tourism, a key industry for the Southeast Asian country.

“If you wish to travel abroad, bring a certificate of vaccination, obtain a vaccine passport or ‘yellow book‘,” said Charnvirakul.

Fine for leaving Thailand by air.

What countries will accept entry using this passport in lieu of quarantine and negative covid test? 

You can order the Yellow Vaccination Booklets in accordance with the WHO (World Health Organization) on the internet. 
Just ordered 10 copies for my family and received them in the mail. Next thing is to get the local docs to transfer the Thai certification into the yellow booklet as the Thai paper is worth zilch in Europe .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

Fine for leaving Thailand by air.

What countries will accept entry using this passport in lieu of quarantine and negative covid test? 

I look at this passport as proof when I do enter another country, when quarantine and negative Covid tests are a thing of the past.

If you look around the world, Covid infection rates have dropped a lot and are continuing to drop, apart from countries who are behind in getting vaccinations to their people, like Thailand for example, but progress is slowly happening in those countries, suffice to say, who knows, by years end you will see a lot more countries opening up as they reach herd immunity.

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

You can order the Yellow Vaccination Booklets in accordance with the WHO (World Health Organization) on the internet. 
Just ordered 10 copies for my family and received them in the mail. Next thing is to get the local docs to transfer the Thai certification into the yellow booklet as the Thai paper is worth zilch in Europe .

Are these blanks that your vaccine provider will fill in and stamp for all those vaccinated? How much did you pay? Amazon are asking an arm and a leg for one and it only appears to be a paper form in a plastic wallet? Can you provide a link where you ordered them please?

33 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

No, not in Nong Khai - asked already ???? 

I would ask again as it appears someone has given you a bum steer, all their officers will be issuing them, maybe you spoke to someone who has no idea, try again, alternatively you can get one from Udon Thani where I am getting mine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cliveshep said:

Are these blanks that your vaccine provider will fill in and stamp for all those vaccinated? How much did you pay? Amazon are asking an arm and a leg for one and it only appears to be a paper form in a plastic wallet? Can you provide a link where you ordered them please?

Ordered them at 75 Baht/piece in Switzerland; the format is given by the WHO and hence in English and French. If you're patient, I'll send you one once I have them here; I had them sent to a friend in Switzerland for redispatch as the sellers would not send all the way to Thailand. 

23 hours ago, Whale said:

If you order them yourself who fills them out? Is it any local doctor?

No, of course not, but you have the details of your two vaccinations. Take those original Thai documents and get the local office, which administered the jabs, to transfer the two vaccination details into the yellow booklet. Only they (or possibly a source within the Ministry of Public Health) are authorized to follow suit. 

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

No, of course not, but you have the details of your two vaccinations. Take those original Thai documents and get the local office, which administered the jabs, to transfer the two vaccination details into the yellow booklet. Only they (or possibly a source within the Ministry of Public Health) are authorized to follow suit. 

I know my next question is not in the purview of your reply, which I thank you for.

So why would I buy one overseas?

20 hours ago, Whale said:

I know my next question is not in the purview of your reply, which I thank you for.

So why would I buy one overseas?

Readily available, arrives in the mail and, together with your local Thai certification of vaccination you can get the latter transferred into this yellow book internationally recognized. 
The yellow book is i.e. in Nong Khai NOT available; I would have to hop down to Bangkok in person to get one. As Nong Khai is a border province and I intend to travel to Laos again the minute the border opens = hope that answers your query ???? 

Good information!

But what do you actually need to get out of Thailand on a plane - just your certificate (providing the airline will accept it)?  Do you actually need the booklet, especially if you are returning to your home country and may not return?

Must I go in person since I am whelchair bound now?  Hate making out a power oattorney and will they accept that without a lawyer's/government stamp?  

Edited by snooky
correctionCorrection spelling

On 9/15/2021 at 11:45 AM, 4MyEgo said:

• Travel Medicine Clinic

Bumrungrad Hospital posted a detailed list with links and some phone numbers, the same group as posted above.

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/blog-news/covid-19-vaccine-passport

1. I messaged Bangkok Airport this morning about a vaccine passport for travel but an auto reply in Thai only said the service has been closed since June 28. Isn't that great. 

2. The booking system at the Travel Clinic at Urban Institute for Disease Prevention and Control seems to have open dates this coming week but I can't seem to select a time. Used two different browsers. I messaged their FB page and got a long English reply that this week's bookings are full and to keep checking. These two other agencies were recommended:

1. Department of Disease Control.

Tel. 02 590 3234-35

2. Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute.

Tel. 02 590 3430

3. I called the Thai Travel Clinic, Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute, but the girl answering was not terribly clear. Told me to go tomorrow morning at 7 am, but it doesn't open till 8:30. Other days didn't seem to be available. Garbled message.

4. And last, the Division of Communicable Diseases, Building 5th, 6th Floor, Department of Disease Control, Nonthaburi, has no dates in September, the next one is Oct. 8, which is three days after I am supposed to fly out.

What a mess! 

Will keep trying Monday. Two weeks to liftoff and little progress.

• Sad 1