Do you believe its Cod and why

Mac Mickmanus

28 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I am pretty sure that ALL the cod served in most restaurants or chippies has been frozen but is very rarely 'mushy'.

Ah, yeah but no but. Indeed, the 'mushy' effect depends on how long its been frozen and at what temperature. Most cod fish caught at sea are gutted and frozen on the trawler; for North Sea fish that's not deep frozen. When they arrive at the dock those will usually go straight into auction. 'Proper' fish n chip shops in the UK get/go get their fish on a Monday, which is why many are closed on a Monday, and put them in the fridge to thaw. If they know what their market is they will use all those fish within a week. It's only the deep frozen fish that spend a while in storage, or transport, that go mushy. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Pah there is no Cod its  all  a  load of religious  nonsense????

Ye of little faith . 

Seek and you shall find .

Before I was an unbeliever and now I have faith . 

I looked and I searched and I found . 

Open your heart and mind and let the truth in . 

Begin your search today and I wish you the best of luck in Finding Nemo 

15 minutes ago, Caspersfriend said:

Ah, yeah but no but. Indeed, the 'mushy' effect depends on how long its been frozen and at what temperature. Most cod fish caught at sea are gutted and frozen on the trawler; for North Sea fish that's not deep frozen. When they arrive at the dock those will usually go straight into auction. 'Proper' fish n chip shops in the UK get/go get their fish on a Monday, which is why many are closed on a Monday, and put them in the fridge to thaw. If they know what their market is they will use all those fish within a week. It's only the deep frozen fish that spend a while in storage, or transport, that go mushy. 

Being a fisherman who have vacumpacked cod fresh, who know with correct storing, the fish willlook the same even after a yer, and not even close to the picture shown above. Even after two years, You will see nice fine structure in the fish, and the pic above shows damage to the cells by injecting salt water i guess and hope it is, and then frozen. Something used for decades when it comes to north pacific cod. But I would not try to guess what kind of piece he shows above, and I would not eat it. I do not eat fish at all in Thailand except on fresh markeds on the harbours. Once and awhile bying Dolly if it looks good. But any fish on any regular restaurants? Nope. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

On your Pike mate, looks like Cod to me 

Cod is pretty expensive to import (because Thailand doesn't breed cod) , so if it's only about 100-150 baht, then it's most probably dory fish.

I have been Floundering with this, I almost believe there is a Cod in CM.

Nonetheless, In the interim, I have researched and communicated with an old Agnostic Dyslectic friend of mine up there in the North, he not quite sure if there is a Dog...............    boom boom  

OP,are you praying it is cod?

There are many types of fish and i you are raised with another kind it

probably depends on where you were born.

If you are hooked into one kind of fish you may find it very difficult to switch

to another kind.

Is cod the one and only?

Can you believe in cod when you are vegan?

So many questions.

• Like 1