Do you believe its Cod and why

Mac Mickmanus

On 9/16/2021 at 7:41 AM, Rampant Rabbit said:

yer talking carp man..............oops  thatll be the dyslexia

Damn you beat me....... I ought to batter you...or perhaps just give you a smackerel ????

Edited by VBF

15 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Hey, My polish friend just called you out for that one.

Is he herring you correctly? 

Maybe tell him to rollmop with it ????

Edited by VBF
  • Like 2

On 9/16/2021 at 11:22 AM, Hummin said:

Looks like some kind of liquid injected fish, but not sure. Did it taste like chicken? 

Speaking of seafood, has anyone tried the frozen scallops sold in Makro?  I can tell you that "skate wing biscuits" do not taste like Pacific scallops.  I have seen first hand, Alaskan commercial fishermen, toss skate on the dock - no even seagulls will bother scavenging it. Bald eagles won't even perch on them to investigate.

Looking at the photograph, it looks a bit too creamy(wet) for COD. Certain cuts of Pangaus(Vet catfish) can look like small cod cuts, when coated on nice batter, salt, etc. you can be easily fooled. plus in the photo (first photo) cod is never served in small cuts, but, (2nd photo) catfish is!Fried cod, tempura batter Stock Photo - AlamyPangasius fish in batter. How is pangasius cooked in batter? Cheese  breading in a pan

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 11:31 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

I did ask the owner how comes the fish seems to have a lot of water in it and he told me "Of course it has , its been in sea for the last few years "

Fair enough, I suppose

This sounds like Pangasius not even 'real' dory it is a freshwater fish and is only about 80b a kilo. Very watery indeed, i dry it out on paper towel  as much as poss before cooking.

6 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Well, if you have not personally opened up the codpiece, before having your cod, then it is not real cod, and not fresh.

I can only assume that this is the reply you were looking for.

Congrats.

A "codpiece" is a piece of armour that protects the groin area 

Codpieces

On 9/20/2021 at 11:04 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

A "codpiece" is a piece of armour that protects the groin area 

Codpieces

You are getting close, in your definition, but yet not fully on target.

A codpiece protects nothing.  A codpiece is a prominent part of mens clothing which provides a target for a good kick in the groin.

Also, the groin is not necessarily the part of the anatomy which is entirely covered by a codpiece.

And, please keep in mind that a codpiece is not a penile sheath, which is more of a decorative device, useful in mating, on rare occasions.

If you are slightly titillated by the idea of a codpiece, then you will love the traditional penile sheath.

And, further, if you are married, my advice is to buy a traditional penile sheath, maybe one about two feet long, and try it out in your bedroom.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

On 9/16/2021 at 11:33 AM, KannikaP said:

I am pretty sure that ALL the cod served in most restaurants or chippies has been frozen but is very rarely 'mushy'.

My mistake, I should have said 'deep frozen'. The fish for the local market is mostly just kept on ice. As mentioned in another post, some for the retail market is vacuum packed

• 7 months later...
On 9/30/2021 at 1:50 AM, Caspersfriend said:

My mistake, I should have said 'deep frozen'. The fish for the local market is mostly just kept on ice. As mentioned in another post, some for the retail market is vacuum packed

Where is your local market ?

• 4 months later...