DDC warns those getting Moderna jab as booster to seek doctor’s advice

Jonathan Fairfield

19 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Friend of mine with a business in Phuket said they were not given a choice, if they were going to open, they had to be vaccinated and Sinovac was what was offered only.

When I went for my Sinovac they told me I am eligible for Pfizer because I am a foreigner but they cannot tell me when.

Warmest

• Sad 1

On 9/19/2021 at 9:38 AM, Robin said:

Confused, and worried.

I have had the 'standard' Thai vaccine of Sinovac + Astra Zeneca, but I see that this 'mixed dose is not accepted by UK as sufficient for non-quarantine entry. ( My understanding of UK entry requirements is  vaccine of 2 doses of he same.  I am on a list at local private hosp. for thsi Moderna Vaccine, whihc I was hoping would allow me back to UK.  Now what?

Relax, you can actually reason with UK immigration... 

Confused, and worried.

I have had the 'standard' Thai vaccine of Sinovac + Astra Zeneca, but I see that this 'mixed dose is not accepted by UK as sufficient for non-quarantine entry. ( My understanding of UK entry requirements is  vaccine of 2 doses of he same.  I am on a list at local private hosp. for thsi Moderna Vaccine, whihc I was hoping would allow me back to UK.  Now what?

why not do what my friend is doing, Go get two doses of the free Pfizer vaccine, even though he already has had the 2 Sinovacs

Can travel freely then

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Friend of mine with a business in Phuket said they were not given a choice, if they were going to open, they had to be vaccinated and Sinovac was what was offered only.

I went for my Pfizer jab last week and asked if my missus could have it too

Was told no, not for Thais, they have Sinovac for them ! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Confused, and worried.

Same for me Canada wants to see that we have two jabs of the same vaccine to return. I got the Sinovac and then the Astra. I have two Moderna ordered and paid for, the only way I can meet Canadian requirements is to get another Astra jab, or take the Moderna jabs. If, I repeat if, the Thai medical system allows. Tell you what, I'll sign a waiver, give me the Moderna jabs I paid for.

24 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

why not do what my friend is doing, Go get two doses of the free Pfizer vaccine, even though he already has had the 2 Sinovacs

Can travel freely then

I assume that I will be asked if I have already had a vaccine when I go for Moderna. I may have to lie.

5 hours ago, moogradod said:

Be prepared that some Database will get you. You might have been registered.

you might be asked if you really want to do this.

you paid: they really really want to keep your money.

your body, your choice.

• 1 year later...
On 9/19/2021 at 2:44 PM, Will B Good said:

It doesn't matter which 'garbage' you have.  Vaccinations carried out in Thailand are not accepted in the UK.

Flying back to the UK now is a very expensive exercise as you face compulsory quarantine at 10 x £230/night.

I'd rather have sinovac/AZ here and avoid dying.

Crazy TalK , China has 69 million infections a day because of their lousy Vaccine , please stop thinking outloud 

On 9/18/2021 at 7:38 PM, Robin said:

Confused, and worried.

Get the Moderna shot.

On 9/19/2021 at 9:29 AM, ikke1959 said:

Oh my God,  a lot Thai people got a vaccine already, maybe only 1 shot Sinovac because there was never news when Moderna should arrive... Now suddenly it seems that they have to talk to the doctor first, before they can get their Moderna vaccine...Is it propaganda to get the Sinovac and Astra Zeneca from the Government first instead of this Moderna?

Had 3 Modernas. Still alive. 

• Like 2

On 9/19/2021 at 10:01 AM, Guderian said:

People should avoid getting boosters at the moment, but not because the benefits are unknown as the article implies, it's because it would be a very selfish thing to do if you've already had two shots while many people here have not even had one yet. It's far better that as many people as possible receive at least one dose of vaccine than that a select few get three doses (although I realise that the likes of Prayut and Anutin will already have their names down for a booster, lol).

Those in a high risk group are advised to get boosters... probably everyone should I dont see any shortage of the vaccine (for free) in Chiang mai maybe other places in Thailand?

19 hours ago, That time again said:

Crazy TalK , China has 69 million infections a day because of their lousy Vaccine , please stop thinking outloud 

That is a nearly 2 year old post you responded to and quoted......

IMG20230601080652.thumb.jpg.f96565ca1ebdd8dd70b68f355d620c82.jpg

On 9/19/2021 at 8:30 AM, HeijoshinCool said:

Whatever you do, don't even think of eating healthy, exercising, nor supplementing vitamin c and d, zinc, NAC, and querciten.

Get jabbed! It's so easy!

Right, couldn't pay me enough to take this mystery juice. BMI , 21. And above + test today. 

Well I won't be lining up for one. I had two already and they made me sick as a dog for nearly 2 years now. Fatigue, brain fog, weakness....my life has changed beyond any comprehension at all...I had to stop driving.

And I got COVID on top of it all. And of course Pfizer and Moderna have immunity from any prosecution. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, morrobay said:

IMG20230601080652.thumb.jpg.f96565ca1ebdd8dd70b68f355d620c82.jpg

Right, couldn't pay me enough to take this mystery juice. BMI , 21. And above + test today. 

Am I misreading your comment about a positive test?  That looks to be negative.....positive would be two lines, no?

2 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

I had two already and they made me sick as a dog for nearly 2 years now. Fatigue, brain fog, weakness....my life has changed beyond any comprehension at all...I had to stop driving.

And I got COVID on top of it all.

The symptoms you ticked off above are well-known and established symptoms of so-called "Long COVID" -- lingering COVID symptoms that follow an original COVID infection.

The symptoms you ticked off are NOT, AFAIK, any kind of known or established long-term side effects of any COVID vaccinations.

You may be placing your blame in the wrong bucket.

These 12 symptoms may define long COVID, new study finds

long-covid-symptoms.jpg.cd876dabf03f7e1f47a4762639408842.jpg

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/these-12-symptoms-may-define-long-covid-new-study-finds

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheAppletons said:

4 hours ago, TheAppletons said:

Am I misreading your comment about a positive test?  That looks to be negative.....positive would be two lines, no?

Actually I miss wrote: Negative test today as always. The (+) was referring to the quote about prevention, I do those things plus  more

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Well I won't be lining up for one. I had two already and they made me sick as a dog for nearly 2 years now. Fatigue, brain fog, weakness....my life has changed beyond any comprehension at all...I had to stop driving.

And I got COVID on top of it all. And of course Pfizer and Moderna have immunity from any prosecution. 

You got two what already?

Any chance you had 2 Sinovac vaccinations, caught Covid, and now have Long Covid?

23 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

You seem to have allocated your problems to the vaccines, have you had that medically confirmed? Is it not possible you have long covid?

On 9/19/2021 at 9:52 AM, Will B Good said:

Why on earth, how on earth would a doctor know what advice to give?

Other than I don't know............ so don't risk it.

Had 2 x Astra, 2 x Pfizer and 2 weeks ago Moderna bivalent. Can still write comments and work.

On 9/19/2021 at 10:01 AM, Guderian said:

People should avoid getting boosters at the moment, but not because the benefits are unknown as the article implies, it's because it would be a very selfish thing to do if you've already had two shots while many people here have not even had one yet. It's far better that as many people as possible receive at least one dose of vaccine than that a select few get three doses (although I realise that the likes of Prayut and Anutin will already have their names down for a booster, lol).

The benefits are known. People have had more than enough opportunities to get multiple vaccinations. It is their one will / fault if they didn't get one or more.

On 9/19/2021 at 9:53 AM, Oxx said:

Neither two Sinovac nor two Thai AstraZeneca is acceptable for reentry as a vaccinated person.  The current rules only cover people vaccinated in Europe and the US of A.

Please explain how a English mate of mine who works in Thailand, got his Astra vaccinations here, has been back multiple times without being quarantined? 

32 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You seem to have allocated your problems to the vaccines, have you had that medically confirmed? Is it not possible you have long covid?

The answer is yes. I have had it medically confirmed insofar as one can. I saw a top neurologist at Bumrungrad and had a two MRIs there. There were 5 possibilities according to her....one was a stroke (ruled out by the MRI); one was long COVID or vaccine issue; third was early onset Alzheimers but unlikely as there are no plaques in the brain; forth was blockages in the arteries of the brain (again MRI confirmed this not to be the case); and the fifth is OSA (obstructive sleep apnea) which I have had for 20 years already, and so doesn't really fit with the timing for the onset of the symptoms. I bought a new CPAP machine to be on the safe side (60,000 baht).

The neurologist offered some more advanced tests (very expensive) for spike protein and the like...but given there is no effective treatment, I declined to have these as I pay out of my own pocket. What use is it to have the diagnosis and not any treatment.

I treat it myself with NAC (N-acetyl cysteine) which I read about on the internet....again I have not derived any significant benefit from the combined use of a better CPAP and the NAC.

My life has been destroyed at the age of 65.  

Edited by Pedrogaz
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

one was long COVID or vaccine issue

So you haven't had it medically confirmed, then.

Even your doctor is saying on this one point that it could be either the vaccine or long Covid. And based on the statistics, it is much more likely to be long Covid. Incidentally, it has been found that even asymptomatic Covid can lead to long Covid symptoms.

Post COVID-19 Syndrome in Patients with Asymptomatic/Mild Form

53 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

third was early onset Alzheimers but unlikely as there are no plaques in the brain

As far as I know, plaques in the brain due to Alzheimers can only be confirmed at autopsy.

As the article below from the NIH site points out, there is:

a blood test to measure levels of beta-amyloid

Which is associated with plaque formation, but:

blood test results alone should not be used to diagnose dementia but may be taken into consideration along with other tests

How Is Alzheimer's Disease Diagnosed?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1