Thailand’s Chulabhorn Royal Academy Will Receive 8 Million Doses of Moderna Vaccine

webfact

3d2e80c9e1901aa497e0a207fa4cf37d_small.jpg

By Subhabhong Rarueysong

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s Chulabhorn Royal Academy (CRA) has announced an official agreement with ZP Therapeutics, a division of Zuellig Pharma, over the supply and distribution of 8 million doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine in Thailand.

CRA Secretary-General Dr. Nithi Mahanonda said the academy aims to use the vaccines as prime and booster vaccinations. A proportion of the vaccines will be allocated to people from vulnerable and underprivileged groups after approval.

He said the CRA has been working closely with the government and related private organizations to combat the ongoing pandemic by offering more vaccine options to the general public, businesses, vulnerable groups and underprivileged people during the emergency situation.

Dr. Nithi added that the Academy also focuses on conducting research into COVID-19 vaccines in Thailand and plans to conduct systematic and concurrent research to confirm the immune response in the country’s environment, starting from the end of this year.

nnt.jpg

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

An important question not addressed in the article, is the When? 

An even more relevant question is who is paying for them (probably the tax payer) and where will the proceeds from selling them to businesses, local PAO's go? Back into Government coffers or elsewhere?

• Like 2

Dr. Nithi added that the Academy also focuses on conducting research into COVID-19 vaccines in Thailand and plans to conduct systematic and concurrent research to confirm the immune response in the country’s environment, starting from the end of this year.

oh, so it's a promo piece. 

Just another useless stage show.

In Oz we call it ...."Look at ME, Look at ME"

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

So who gets priority for initial shipment of Moderna, scheduled for next month?  Those who prepaid early last July?  Thai Red Cross, or Thai Army?

Government agencies and PAO's who pay for it. Essentially the tax payer will pay for the same vaccines two times and someone may well make a lot of money.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

An important question not addressed in the article, is the When? 

3 Months ago when Thailand was talking about a purchase of 5Mil Moderna, Moderna came out with a response on The Thai Visa site that any order they received would be for next year because of a heavy backlog . Still Private Hospitals started asking people to start pre paying for a October delivery date. I was contacted by the private hospital in Loei to come in and pay for it. When we were there I had my Thai girlfriend ask 2 times when would it be in the Hospital. She was told it would no longer be October and it would be between Jan 2022 to March 2022 for delivery. This happened last month. I declined to pay since I will be in the USA at the end of October anyway. We would have to see the actual contract to see a delivery date. That has never happened.  

34 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Government agencies and PAO's who pay for it. Essentially the tax payer will pay for the same vaccines two times and someone may well make a lot of money.

The hospital in Loei told us last month that Moderna will not be here until some time in 1Q 2022. Not October like we thought. 

Chulabhorn Royal Academy orders are not the same as government orders. The academy is ordering vaccines and selling/giving away as they see fit irrelevant of of the government wishes. It makes me laugh because they blindsided Prayut and Anutin by ordering the Sinopharm recently, and the first they knew about it was when it was published in the Royal Gazette. But they cannot say anything about it as to do so would risk a charge of Lese majeste due to the connections of the academy. Hoist on their own petard of abusing the lese majeste law to their own ends. 

Cheers

1 hour ago, Litlos said:

Chulabhorn Royal Academy orders are not the same as government orders. The academy is ordering vaccines and selling/giving away as they see fit irrelevant of of the government wishes. It makes me laugh because they blindsided Prayut and Anutin by ordering the Sinopharm recently, and the first they knew about it was when it was published in the Royal Gazette. But they cannot say anything about it as to do so would risk a charge of Lese majeste due to the connections of the academy. Hoist on their own petard of abusing the lese majeste law to their own ends. 

Cheers

The same with the Thai Red Cross. Puppets of .....jgASdfyug80wey0&