The best coffee beans I've ever tried in Thailand!

Jingthing

I wonder how this works as a long term business tactic assuming a vendor has an excellent product. So a big sale means more people are exposed to it for the first time. But whats the conversion rate of people actually willing to pay the regular price? Personally I'll probably just buy it for special times.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I wonder how this works as a long term business tactic assuming a vendor has an excellent product. So a big sale means more people are exposed to it for the first time. But whats the conversion rate of people actually willing to pay the regular price? Personally I'll probably just buy it for special times.

Unless the beans are getting close to their sell/use by date.

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well these beans are freshly roasted and green beans last a very long time so I really don't think so.

I have ordered 2 x 250 gm, medium roast, course ground. Do I keep them in the fridge or freezer please? 

30 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Even 2 for 1 they are still expensive – be interesting to compare against my usual Hillkoff

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I have ordered 2 x 250 gm, medium roast, course ground. Do I keep them in the fridge or freezer please? 

They come in a well sealed bag. Once opened I store the whole beans in a purpose designed stainless steel  coffee container. I don’t refrigerator or freeze so no opinion on that.

You're not going to get the optimal from pre ground beans though.

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They come in a well sealed bag. Once opened I store the whole beans in a purpose designed stainless steel  coffee container. I don’t refrigerator or freeze so no opinion on that.

Mr Google says that it is OK to freeze ground coffee without any great deterioration in taste. 

And to keep, as you do, in an airtight container at room temperature.

39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I always keep my ground coffee in the freezer after I open the bag. Keeps it fresh during its lifespan, which is about a week for a 250g bag.

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I wonder how this works as a long term business tactic

I suspect it's not long term, and that the coffee business here is really hurting.  Another niche coffee supplier here has been bombarding me with emails of the 2-for-1 type for a couple of months.  Previously, emails from them were very few and far between.  I'm an existing customer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Oxx said:

I suspect it's not long term, and that the coffee business here is really hurting.  Another niche coffee supplier here has been bombarding me with emails of the 2-for-1 type for a couple of months.  Previously, emails from them were very few and far between.  I'm an existing customer.

I suspect the principle reasons as to why the good Thai coffee farmers [as a collective] are looking to increase their current popular product towards 95% export only - there just doesn't seem to be an overwhelming domestic market to keep themselves afloat. 

Had my first cup this morning and it is excellent!

Not sure if it is bean quality or because it was both freshly roasted and ground.

Just noticed the company also has a cheaper product named Signature and the price is only 240 and also BOGOF.

Their website and email verification also inspires confidence.

I use a paper filter inserted into a plastic cone.  I ordered Medium Roast and Medium Grind.   What Grind would you order for a paper filter.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 4:13 PM, samtam said:

I always keep my ground coffee in the freezer after I open the bag. Keeps it fresh during its lifespan, which is about a week for a 250g bag.

Are you saying that the lifespan of ground coffee is only a week in the freezer, or do YOU go through 250gm a week?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shortstop2 said:

Had my first cup this morning and it is excellent!

Not sure if it is bean quality or because it was both freshly roasted and ground.

Just noticed the company also has a cheaper product named Signature and the price is only 240 and also BOGOF.

Their website and email verification also inspires confidence.

I use a paper filter inserted into a plastic cone.  I ordered Medium Roast and Medium Grind.   What Grind would you order for a paper filter.

Happy to hear that you liked it. Yes the variety I mentioned is one of their higher end options but I figured with the promotion it was a good time to try it. It's always perilous to recommend foods and restaurants because taste is subjective and products can change.

Maybe someone can answer your grind question. I use a French press which works best with coarse.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Are you saying that the lifespan of ground coffee is only a week in the freezer, or do YOU go through 250gm a week?

We normally go through about 250g a week. In the freezer it would last "fresh", once opened, for a month or more.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with the Thai national coffee brew. Gaffe Borran. Bring to boil let sit for 4 minutes..pour into your personal coffee cup straining with an old sock as you go. Sweeten with Nom Waan making sure you put a little extra in if nobody's watching. Bonus wiping finger around top of can to get the dribbly bits that will go to waste anyway. I luv my morning coffee...