Is anyone selling their Moderna vaccine (due to getting other vaccines?) due for October?

yuri48494

Apologies in advance if this is not the right place to post, but I've noticed quite a few people here saying they have purchased the Moderna vaccine in the last few months but no longer need it.

I believe the vaccine registration allows for a name transfer, so hoping there is someone here who is looking to sell theirs.

Thank you!

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Once the Moderna arrives i reckon lot's of people will be selling as it's too soon after the 2nd jab. Maybe they will start arriving in October, you can't transfer anything until BHP etc contact them about it arriving

Ah, I was not aware of that. Thank you

If anyone see's this in the future when the invitations start going out, please PM me!

Update to my comment below: Since initial communications that I received when I purchased my Moderna reservation, Samitivej has seemingly modified their policy about transfers, saying now that they will allow transfers with 7 days or more advance notice. That's good news. Perhaps they changed the policy after I messaged them about it ????

Interestingly, Samitivej Hospital has announced that they will not allow Moderna vaccines to be transferred. While they might change that position when the time comes, I imagine there will be many who show up and force the hospital to pour their vaccine down the drain rather than allow the hospital to sell it again once the original purchaser decides not to take it. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the first person shows up making that demand and the staff refuses.

Edited by macnmotion

17 hours ago, kishnanakishna said:

so hoping there is someone here who is looking to sell theirs.

Not all hospitals allow a transfer, many do. I noticed a Moderna sign in the elevators at Bumrungrad last week and it does say transfer is allowed. I'm sure the rules need to be reviewed and understood. For example, the owner of two doses probably cannot sell each to two different people.

We transferred two doses, done on-line quite easily, but that required that the recipient had a Thai ID card number. Assume a pink id card number would work, and a 13-digit Thai Vaccine ID number may work, although I'm not certain the hospital will administer a vaccine if you've already been vaccinated?

There is a bit of a grey market for these so have a look around Thai social media, caveat emptor.

At this point it may be better to wait for hospitals to peddle unclaimed or excess vaccines?

Vichaiyut Hospital has already implemented a trading system

They have begun distributing Moderna coupons to those who purchased shots. Each coupon is one shot and has a serial number + code number. The coupons have no personal information and are individually tradable

They will open an appointment system in mid October when their initial 30000 doses arrive, they said.  The coupons are freely transferable until  used with a name to make an appointment. You do not need to contact the hospital to trade them. Anyone with a coupon can make a reservation.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rabas said:

They will open an appointment system in mid October when their initial 30000 doses arrive, they said.  The coupons are freely transferable until  used with a name to make an appointment. You do not need to contact the hospital to trade them. Anyone with a coupon can make a reservation.

Rabas,

This is incredibly insightful. 

Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Samitivej sent out a message recently saying that they will start to timetable vaccinations of Moderna on the 8th Oct; they requested prior vaccination history with the implication that it would determine the priority list.

They provided an indicative  timetable based on your previous vaccination history  (eg no prior vaccine = moderna immediately available, had 2 AZN shots already  wait 6 months after your last AZN shot )  they also gave an option for people to transfer one or both of their vaccine slots.

In the news section moderna in november, not october. 
It will be limited. Some 9mln waiting for 2mln doses this year. 
yes, some foreigners got their pfizer and will sell off. But as well make arragements with hospital to defer to next year, after 6 months from the last pfizer, so the second batch of 2mln. The government has ordered also 5.4mln for the next year, most probably as a booster for sinovac, sinopharm and az. 
The best to get now any available vax. Order moderna for next year second generation for 1650b per dose. 

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

Order moderna for next year second generation for 1650b per dose. 

Why not just follow governments free vaccine booster game when it starts (this month?)?

I've already wasted my deposit on Moderna four months ago, doubt I'll get back, when I could have had a free Pfizer?

Edited by WorriedNoodle

3 hours ago, internationalism said:

In the news section moderna in november, not october. 
It will be limited. Some 9mln waiting for 2mln doses this year. 
yes, some foreigners got their pfizer and will sell off. But as well make arragements with hospital to defer to next year, after 6 months from the last pfizer, so the second batch of 2mln. The government has ordered also 5.4mln for the next year, most probably as a booster for sinovac, sinopharm and az. 
The best to get now any available vax. Order moderna for next year second generation for 1650b per dose. 

might only be allowed to defer for 1 month, well that's what BHP had in their Q&As not original T&Cs

Pfizer was the usa gift, so not planned by anybody. If not of that very few foreigners would be vaxed. Another unplanned gift was AZ 400k from the UK, which british chamber of commerce helped to distribute all many foreigners. 
That is why so many desperate people payed for the first lot of moderna. That's why i have payed for the second generation moderna, because the government hasn't planned very little, and for me absolutely nothing. 

still, those moderna should be kept as a back up. Nobody knows what the next variant would be and how each vax will protect against each one of them. 

i also do think there would be millions of thai wishing to pay 1650b for a booster, than waiting for their government to plan it for them. 

those boosters being done now are very limited quantity and for those, who had sinovac starting from march. So time for them