Thailand seeks to slash quarantine period for visitors

snoop1130

On 9/23/2021 at 10:17 AM, Upnotover said:

"Halving" obviously means something else in these parts.

Only to those that can't tell the difference.

"a halving of a two-week hotel isolation requirement for vaccinated arrivals,"

"those without vaccination proof would be isolated for 10 days if arriving by air, and 14 days if by land."

Those without vaccination proof would be isolated for 10 days if arriving by air, and 14 days if by land

Because........ that totally makes sense.

Authorities this week delayed to November, plans to grant vaccinated visitors entry without quarantine,

..............due to the country's low inoculation rate

Because........  that totally makes sense.

On 9/23/2021 at 11:28 PM, scorecard said:

"Under the proposal, to be presented to government on Monday, those without vaccination proof would be isolated for 10 days if arriving by air, and 14 days if by land."

Yes that is me, due back next week, first jab in Thailand and second in UK.

The NHS do not have the ability to issue proof of vaccination for one jab, only if done twice.

They gave me a card indicating a second dose but it doesn't even have my name on it.

On 9/24/2021 at 9:53 AM, puck2 said:

Yes, the military regime doesn't won't to slash the money-milking pandemie cow. As long as possible!

Quite, Major Catastrophe Johnson's flat need a makeover so he raised the 10 day quarantine from £1760 to around £2300.

• Sad 2

• just question

GF  goes back 27.   made sandox ( but can cancell hotel 2week already they issue shaba code  but can cancell until 15.10)

is it possible 7 day quarantene in bangkok

or is it only visa sandox   phuket 7 day now

bcs if bkk normal quarantaene 7 day she would do ......better thanfly phuket and than to bkk

Edited by lapamita
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, lapamita said:
  • just question

GF  goes back 27.   made sandox ( but can cancell hotel 2week already they issue shaba code  but can cancell until 15.10)

is it possible 7 day quarantene in bangkok

or is it only visa sandox   phuket 7 day now

bcs if bkk normal quarantaene 7 day she would do ......better thanfly phuket and than to bkk

Has 10 PM shutting time been 100% ..approved...if so must get more booze in...As it happens Khun wife likes the last orders in the shop at 9....We can get back to the baan earlier...and still so so quiet...and cant see any change until next year...

Piecing together the various announcements, it seems that on October 1, vaccinated tourists can enter Thailand and quarantine in Bangkok for 7 days.

But on November 1, Bangkok will be “open”, and visitors will have to stay in a SHA+ hotel, and have to endure Sandbox type procedures, for 7 days.

11 hours ago, MarcB said:

Those without vaccination proof would be isolated for 10 days if arriving by air, and 14 days if by land

Because........ that totally makes sense.

Authorities this week delayed to November, plans to grant vaccinated visitors entry without quarantine,

..............due to the country's low inoculation rate

Because........  that totally makes sense.

The plan is not to eliminate quarantine on November 1, but to have a Sandbox in Bangkok.

On 9/23/2021 at 3:21 PM, JerseytoBKK said:

I arrived on April 1st, which is the day the new program started. At the first processing stop received general paperwork with a 14 day stamp. At the 2nd stop they reviewed my vaccine cert and changed the quarantine period to 7 days. Took an extra day before the hotel officially received the info about 7 days. Anantara Riverside issued a refund within 2 days of me checking out of the hotel. Part of the new rules back then were that the hotels were required to refund any differences.

Great news Jersey.......changes are being applied consistently. My ASQ has been in touch this morning to amend my booking to the 7 day package and sort out a refund once they are satisfied with my vaccination proof documentation which I've sent across.

I also see some ASQ restrictions are being relaxed for the 7 day package - small but helpful. I'll await further details but it looks like outside exercise & food deliveries are being allowed.

• Like 1

If Bangkok reopening will be sandbox type, perhaps many other hotels will get SHA+, so, on that part, we will see a price drop.Just book the cheapest.I remember, I saw hotel rooms in Patong as low as 250 THB/night, SHA+.

Insurance : I assume, nobody travels without insurance, Covid or not.

PCR tests : money grabbing scheme.

No matter what, these measures will only benefit returning thais and expats.Real tourists will not bother with this red tape.

I am feeling like that Facebook doc, Mr.Yong...I am writing what everybody else knows already.

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Obviously some are quicker to update than others, London still says 14 days.

The COE is the same site all over the World. While the various Embassy wording hasn't changed, the COE has

https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en

Edited by aussiexpat

4 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

The COE is the same site all over the World. While the various Embassy wording hasn't changed, the COE has

https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en

I am well aware of that, my application has been awaiting approval for over a week.

There are various websites involved and the London one was a couple of hours ago yet to be updated, but it has now

A few minutes ago the agoda website was still showing 14/15 days were required for booking a quarantine package.

As said some sites will respond to the changes faster than others.

12 hours ago, drenddy said:

No matter what, these measures will only benefit returning thais and expats.Real tourists will not bother with this red tape.

These classes [returning residents] make up 99% of airport traffic in the last year +. 

Which is not saying much, as it's miniscule. 

Assured - not even covering the cost/upkeep/overhead for the dozens upon dozens of ASQ facilities that remain empty because of the very low number of returning Thais and resident expats. Only a couple are working in the black. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Carrbhoy said:

Great news Jersey.......changes are being applied consistently. My ASQ has been in touch this morning to amend my booking to the 7 day package and sort out a refund once they are satisfied with my vaccination proof documentation which I've sent across.

I also see some ASQ restrictions are being relaxed for the 7 day package - small but helpful. I'll await further details but it looks like outside exercise & food deliveries are being allowed.

I just read on an embassy website that the Health Official at entry will decide length of quarantine.This is the same as happened in April. People at the airport will get a document stating what how long their quarantine will last.

The interesting thing for me was when I checked into my hotel just before midnight on April 1, the hospital staff and hotel staff had never seen a 7 day stamp. Took about 36 hours to have the hotel confirm because they were waiting for an official response.

7 hours ago, JerseytoBKK said:

I just read on an embassy website that the Health Official at entry will decide length of quarantine.This is the same as happened in April. People at the airport will get a document stating what how long their quarantine will last.

The interesting thing for me was when I checked into my hotel just before midnight on April 1, the hospital staff and hotel staff had never seen a 7 day stamp. Took about 36 hours to have the hotel confirm because they were waiting for an official response.

Interesting. I suppose each hotel would have been dealing with those changes for the first time.

My SHA+ is very much on the ball - they emailed me yesterday morning confirming I would move to their 7 Day Package once I provide vaccine status proof. They would sort a refund too - once they decide on how much they can charge for 7 days!

A good lift. The 14 days was always going to be painful. I'm actually feeling positive now that it's 'just' the 7 days! 

2 hours ago, Carrbhoy said:

Interesting. I suppose each hotel would have been dealing with those changes for the first time.

My SHA+ is very much on the ball - they emailed me yesterday morning confirming I would move to their 7 Day Package once I provide vaccine status proof. They would sort a refund too - once they decide on how much they can charge for 7 days!

A good lift. The 14 days was always going to be painful. I'm actually feeling positive now that it's 'just' the 7 days! 

Its still a scam . Fully vaccinated, negative Covid test and .05% if that entering Thailand internationally  Do you know of any other country in the world that is doing this?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, club said:

Its still a scam . Fully vaccinated, negative Covid test and .05% if that entering Thailand internationally  Do you know of any other country in the world that is doing this?

Not tracking it mate - got better things to do with my time. Crack on.

I've got what I wanted from the thread - once again the people of TV / ASEAN have been very helpful and that is why I continue to use the forum. Wade your way through the constant negativity & you will find helpful / knowledgeable posters who are more than happy to share their own experiences and help.

Thanks for your input and for clogging up this process!

• Like 1