Phuket marks 225 cases, five more deaths

webfact

1632506270_1-org.jpg

Image: PPHO

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: The latest Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) daily COVID situation report has marked 225 new local infections confirmed across the island yesterday (Sept 24) bringing the total number of people recognised as infected with COVID-19 in Phuket since Apr 3 to 9,950.

The PPHO report, marked as accurate as of 8pm last night, but posted online after midnight, reported four new infections among Sandbox tourist arrivals.

The report also marked five new deaths attributed to COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths in Phuket attributed to COVID-19 since Apr 3 to 69. Of those, 49 occurred this month, with 18 deaths in the past seven days.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-marks-225-cases-five-more-deaths-81510.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-09-25

All they have done is contained the virus so its spreads easy amongst these there. Like one bad apple in a barrel it turns the whole barrel full bad. I dont think they were really ready to open but saving face and it's a pity that they should be saving lives 

9 hours ago, shackleton said:

I don't know why the government keep giving Phuket the positive spin inviting Tourists there when the Corivirus numbers are rising daily 

Not to lose face I suspect and admit its a failure 

Looking at the figures they seem to have gone down the last 3 days although they did go up earlier. Overall they seem to be a bit lower but maybe that's just looking on the bright side and stable might be more accurate. Where did you see the figures going up?

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of Phuket's covid stats  regarding nationalities of the sandbox arrivals who have tested positive for the covid virus and also for the general infection figures . If , as I suspect , it is the local Thai workers who are the most infected , it will come as no surprise because the initial concept stated that all Phuket workers must be vaccinated but that said , one jab of sinovac qualified as fully vaccinated .

Whenever I look at the Phuket numbers I end up scratching my head. 5 deaths yesterday, but no change in the number of “red” patients. Was it 5 out and 5 in? Or deaths from another color group who skipped the red stage? If so, is that an increasing trend or just an anomaly? One didn’t even have a case number! What is the timeline from contracting Covid, to death for the 5 unfortunate souls? Seemingly, there are still a lot of unvaccinated old people in Phuket given how many were unvaccinated out of the 5 deaths. And of course, to top it off, no information on where the 200 odd new cases were found.

and the vaccination program rolls on in ad hoc, haphazard fashion. Booster shots of sinovac given to double jabbed sinovac people, unannounced Pfizer boosters on demand at Central and the cream on the cake, the new style injections of AZ with 20% of a dose, which is specifically not recommended by the manufacturer.

With so many moving parts and experiments going on at the same time, the ability to assess and increase the effectiveness of the Covid response, is virtually nil. I’m marking time till I get my second AZ on 7th October (by normal method or I ain’t having it) and then I can just sit back and watch this absolute chaos unravel.

Phuket Opinion: Enough rope

PHUKET: If anyone was still looking for evidence that the COVID infection figures provided by some officials in Phuket were not adding up, this past week – not once, but twice – they have had that evidence served to them on a plate.

Plenty of suspicions about the veracity of the figures published each day in the daily COVID situation report for Phuket have been abound for a long time, yet this past week those suspicions were confirmed by none other than the official reports themselves.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-opinion-enough-rope-81516.php