Pattaya: New "B.L.U.E." future envisaged - forget entertainment the focus is business and leisure

webfact

|Its funny but i predicted this to my girlfriend a few months ago and she thought i was cracy, and bingo what do you know this artical pops up. To all you Gentlemen out there, its not about what you think. Its about people trafficing, sex trafficing and  child paedophilia, which are HUGE in thailand.  Time to wake up.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Newbie with one post claiming to know all about Pattaya's night life. 55555555555555555

Agreed... I have lived here for many years and see little evidence of his claim in the Pattaya nightlife areas...... it is good news when they catch the odd incident and we see it well punished. I might expect it to be more prevalent in Europe.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2021 at 12:01 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Newbie with one post claiming to know all about Pattaya's night life. 55555555555555555

Or, a banned member, reincarnated.  ????

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

Somehow i don,t see pattaya doing this,bars tourist and what else happens is in pattaya,s DNA.It will return in time along with walking st with bars and the  bar ladies.

I can see that WS may be toned down, it being so prominent and high value real estate.

I can remember a time (mid eighties) when there were bars with ladies all along Beach Road.

But all that happened is "the scene" was moved back  which is partly why, today, we have Soi Bukhaou, LK Metro etc etc.

Out of (immediate) site, out of mind.

But this is only my opinion based on events over the past 30 years

• Like 1

15 hours ago, VBF said:

I can remember a time (mid eighties) when there were bars with ladies all along Beach Road.

Do you perhaps remember a drive down soi 6 many years ago..... wall to wall totty screaming at you. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, VBF said:

That's my recollection as well. Lots more big boats anchored in the bay as well. The speedboats were pulled down Beach Rd to be launched as no Bali Hi slipway.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Do you perhaps remember a drive down soi 6 many years ago..... wall to wall totty screaming at you. 

I remember the totty, but not the screaming. I didn't like having to "negotiate" with one in front of all the others, so I never went into a bar, but I'd walk down the soi quite often just to look.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jazzdog32095 said:

When the hordes descend on Pattaya, and don't deny the Chinese are coming. They and only them , armed with their wallets, will determine what Pattaya becomes. Nobody else has a meaningful vote to change squat. Girls, bars bye, bye. Lady boys may even eat at the table. 

But for corona, IMO the change would already have taken place.

Are you saying the Chinese prefer ladyboys?

I remember the phrase 'stick to the devil you know'.

The sheer insolence and unabated disdain that these cretins have for people who have moved to and called Pattaya their home for decades is starting to grate.

Firstly by shifting the demographics to that of the uncouth, now this imbecilic idea, stop trying to change what's already loved!

Edited by Boarn

18 minutes ago, Boarn said:

The sheer insolence and unabated disdain that these cretins have for people who have moved to and called Pattaya their home for decades is starting to grate.

I wouldn't fret... little will come of it, as always.

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Certainly do....... wasn't it luvverly? ????

Though, to be fair, that carried on until the late nineties

36 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I remember the totty, but not the screaming. I didn't like having to "negotiate" with one in front of all the others, so I never went into a bar, but I'd walk down the soi quite often just to look.

I loved that negotiation!!!  As you disappear into a one bar, turn round and tell another lady "your turn tomorrow"......and she'd remember!!!!!!

35 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

But for corona, IMO the change would already have taken place.

Are you saying the Chinese prefer ladyboys?

Perhaps he's saying they cannot tell the difference?  ???? ????

• Haha 1

On 9/27/2021 at 10:14 AM, finnsk said:

Pattaya is world famous for its bar, massage and nigtlife, nothing else.

The beach, with the dirty water running out from the hole town, running out directly in the beach is not very .............

I can hardly imagine Pattaya as a family resort

But plenty of Russians, Chinese and Indians do. Slowly, slowly the demographic keeps changing and the CCP won't keep the Chinese out forever. Can't see the "old" Pattaya disappearing just yet, there will still be plenty to attract the likes of us but diminishing. Nobody can see Sois 7 & 8 getting back to what they were and it will be very interesting to see what happens in Soi 6 and Walking St. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rott said:

But plenty of Russians, Chinese and Indians do. Slowly, slowly the demographic keeps changing and the CCP won't keep the Chinese out forever. Can't see the "old" Pattaya disappearing just yet, there will still be plenty to attract the likes of us but diminishing. Nobody can see Sois 7 & 8 getting back to what they were and it will be very interesting to see what happens in Soi 6 and Walking St. 

IMO Sois 7 and 8 died many years ago., Last time I walked up Soi 8 it was a sad remnant of past glories.

Buakhao is where the action is/ was IMO.

IMO Pattaya nightlife will become like that in Hua Hin, which was mainly restaurants over the water, and a tiny farang bar area.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO Sois 7 and 8 died many years ago., Last time I walked up Soi 8 it was a sad remnant of past glories.

Buakhao is where the action is/ was IMO.

IMO Pattaya nightlife will become like that in Hua Hin, which was mainly restaurants over the water, and a tiny farang bar area.

I agree, but I think it will take a good while for the bar scene to wind down to that. Plenty of pent up demand from the exiled monger community. 

Just now, rott said:

I agree, but I think it will take a good while for the bar scene to wind down to that. Plenty of pent up demand from the exiled monger community. 

Depends entirely on how long it is before mongers are able to return in significant numbers with enough money, on whether the cops go crazy trying to make up for lost "income", on whether the hotels don't go crazy trying to make up for lost income, on whether the bar girls don't go crazy trying to make up for lost "income", on whether the restaurants don't go crazy trying to make up for lost income, on whether the airlines, airports, bus companies don't go crazy trying to make up for lost income, on whether the government doesn't go crazy trying to make up for lost "income" with loads of extra taxes, anything else that might want to make up for lost earnings.

Also depends on whether the bar girls go on line and don't bother returning to the bars.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Depends entirely on how long it is before mongers are able to return in significant numbers with enough money, on whether the cops go crazy trying to make up for lost "income", on whether the hotels don't go crazy trying to make up for lost income, on whether the bar girls don't go crazy trying to make up for lost "income", on whether the restaurants don't go crazy trying to make up for lost income, on whether the airlines, airports, bus companies don't go crazy trying to make up for lost income, on whether the government doesn't go crazy trying to make up for lost "income" with loads of extra taxes, anything else that might want to make up for lost earnings.

Also depends on whether the bar girls go on line and don't bother returning to the bars.

Calm down TBL, there is much in what you say. 

Is this a late night or early morning.?

Me I've just had a mooch along Walking St following reports possibly on here about it's total desolation. Apart from around Nashaa most of it is no worse than you would expect from any business area that has not traded for 6 months or whatever. 

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Of course ALL the bar girls will not move to freelancing online, but if a high percentage of the the pretty hookers move online, leaving only "the B team" working in bars, then it's over for many bars.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So, what will happen in Walking Street ?? You know, that big hole left by the Indian disco ? I personally don't think anything will be rebuilt there, whoever asks will be refused planning / building permission, plus the fact that City Hall were pretty adamant that operating licences, alcohol & food permits were going to be refused, that unfortunate fire is probably the catalyst for the death of Walking Street, just my opinion of course, I may well be wrong, I think it will depend very much on how deep the pockets are of those involved in the places on the ocean side, not just the disco place.

23 hours ago, Leaver said:

Of course ALL the bar girls will not move to freelancing online, but if a high percentage of the the pretty hookers move online, leaving only "the B team" working in bars, then it's over for many bars.  

Why do many guys think girls like or even profit much from on-line freelance.....It has many disadvantages and a few advantages.....

Disadvantages

#1 .....No lady drinks or bar fines

#2... You can't check out the guys beforehand...

#3...Its not particularly fun

#4...Not making new friends like in a bar

#5..Many guys just will not pay GoGo prices

#6.. Girls who are not young and hot can't win over guys with their personality......

Advantages...

#1......Freelancing is great for girls who don't like to work too much...

#2....Freelancing is great for girls who don't like to work too much...

I don't see freelancing taking over bars EVER....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Why do many guys think girls like or even profit much from on-line freelance.....It has many disadvantages and a few advantages.....

Disadvantages

#1 .....No lady drinks or bar fines

#2... You can't check out the guys beforehand...

#3...Its not particularly fun

#4...Not making new friends like in a bar

#5..Many guys just will not pay GoGo prices

#6.. Girls who are not young and hot can't win over guys with their personality......

Advantages...

#1......Freelancing is great for girls who don't like to work too much...

#2....Freelancing is great for girls who don't like to work too much...

I don't see freelancing taking over bars EVER....

I disagree with some of your "disadvantages."  

What has gogo prices got to do with freelancing off an app?  Most girls working on apps are charging the the standard price.  Sure, some very attractive girls ask higher prices, but that's the minority.

Many bars have a quota for lady drinks and bar fines.  Don't meet the quota, and money is taken from them.

I would suggest it's the opposite on the apps with girls that are not so attractive.  They have a better chance of getting a customer outside the bar environment.    

Advantages:

#1.... they are their own boss.

#2....they can work as much or as little as they like.

#3.... no competition with other girls in the bar for a customer.

#4....meet with and sleep with whoever they want, when they want, if they want, not someone the mamasan / boss pushes them on to.

#5...."I don't work bar darling. blah blah" - more chance of finding a farang boyfriend / husband.  Better chance of getting guys on the hook.

#6....working online can be 24/7 across different time zones.  They can line up customers coming here for a holiday.  They don't have to be in Pattaya at the time.

#7....extension of above - better chance of them getting guys for the "2 week girlfriend experience."  

#8....guys send them money if they strip and dance in their room.  Easy work, and can be done back in the village.  They may not need to even sleep with anyone.  

#9....their photos / profile are visible 24/7, not just bar opening times of 6pm to 2am.  The apps are working for them even while they are sleeping.

#10..they can always freelance out of a bar for a shift here and there anyway. 

These are just 10 of the top of my head.

Disadvantages:

#1....no "appearance money" like working in a bar.

#2...they might have to accept a customer at odd times.  Eg. 10am.  

#3...not as social as working in a bar.

#4...some guys feel more secure taking a girl from a bar because the bar has her ID card etc .  

There will always be bars and bar girls, just like there are still taxis with Uber, and hotels with AirBnb.  ????   

Girls working online will simply cut into bar's traditional business model. 

• Like 2