Pattaya: New "B.L.U.E." future envisaged - forget entertainment the focus is business and leisure

webfact

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Do they mean directly to U-Tapao by this?

Personally I find Swampy more convenient....although I do yet have to try the new Hwy Ext to UT. 

Yeah, hopefully they will use BKK for Patts SHA. Utapao would just increase the price of flight.

9 hours ago, finnsk said:

Pattaya is world famous for its bar, massage and nigtlife, nothing else.

The beach, with the dirty water running out from the hole town, running out directly in the beach is not very .............

I can hardly imagine Pattaya as a family resort

Many Russians, Indians and Chinese are convinced that it is a family resort. 

Edited by rott
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Thailand said:

The new norm without the sexy girl/bars etc, I don't think so.

I think the thought persons have their glasses on backwards.

Sometimes people speak less than the truth. And there is the long running enforcement problem. 

• Confused 1

Ba you miss the point they make . The cop/pol wallets will get better and bigger, the bars will be more upmarket, as will the girls  ????  ????and the prices will go up, up, up.  I'm ordering in more air bottles, in case I runout of air while Holding my breath. Pattaya will remain Pattaya or else it will revert to what it was before the US marines came. An unknow village. Somewhere on a map.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, rott said:

Many Russians, Indians and Chinese are convinced that it is a family resort. 

It works great as a family resort - unless you go into Central Pattaya after nightfall and as long as you stay clear of Soi 6 at almost all hours. 

Edited by androokery
confusion averted
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ginner said:

Pattaya was dying long before covid hit. With the restrictions the present government put on the place. Doubt it will ever be like it used to be. I can remember Soi Buakhao when it was near impossible to to walk down the Soi due to it being packed. About a year before covid hit you could walk down the middle of the Soi ten abreast  with out blocking anyone's way of being.

I can remember when Soi Bakou was virtually a country lane.

• Like 2

So, 4,000 girls out of work, 4,000. Families in Isaan lost their monthly income & 3,000 traders

in Issan will have a lot less business not to mention the the hotel rooms in Pattaya will remain empty.

No bars paying tax or "protection monies" paid, the list just goes on

They really just do not understand Pattaya or what makes it tick

Family holidays in Pattaya, why ? It is a dirty dump

Pattaya: New "B.L.U.E." future envisaged - forget entertainment the focus is business and leisure

What is leisure without entertainment?  Sitting on the beach with a bottle of Chang?  Wait!  Can't even do that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Is anyone else surprised that the authorities didn't take the Covid shut down as the opportunity to knock down the beach side of Walking Street to fulfil the "glorious plans" of a years gone by?  

Most courts were closed; businesses already shut down; I was SURE they would have done this by now.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Walking Street would make a great tourist attraction.  As a museum.  Walk through have statues of girls or mechanical robots and Falang sitting on bar stools while the guide talks about the past.  Walk inside a Gogo watch a mechanical female robot dancing.

It would be very popular.

And include the obstacle course walking St entrance : photos yesterday 

IMG_20210926_114941.jpg

IMG_20210926_114712.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, morrobay said:

What a bloody mess.... but don't worry, it will be sorted before the grand opening 1st November, back to it's former glory of 2019... which was actually a right bloody mess!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can understand the Thais tourist thinking about using or copying the " Sandbox " which is should be renamed " Quicksand " 

" Moving on " that is exactly my thinking lets move on from the same old ideas thinking they can just rename the title!

It is time if one is to survive is to have a balance well rounded plan this same stuff quarantine asking hotels to join the scheme is just to continue down the same road to obtaining whatever brown envelopes from these plans. Continuous nonsense!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, morrobay said:

IMG_20210926_114941.jpg

IMG_20210926_114712.jpg

Zounds! I could swear I read a thread some time ago in this very subforum telling us that all the overhead wires on W S had been buried, but in those photos I can see many overhead wires. Is it a case of saying one thing on here and the reality being somewhat different?