Pattaya: New "B.L.U.E." future envisaged - forget entertainment the focus is business and leisure

webfact

On 10/11/2021 at 6:28 AM, gk10012001 said:

But entertainment is part of liesure.  If one wanted to just sleep and read a book or watch TV, there is no need to travel to a place

Most tourists to LOS never went near a bar beer, or gogo except perhaps out of curiosity. Mongers in Pattaya were never the majority of tourists.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Most tourists to LOS never went near a bar beer, or gogo except perhaps out of curiosity. Mongers in Pattaya were never the majority of tourists.

Completely disagree with that!

There was a time in the eighties that there was no other reason to go to Pattaya - the VAST majority of visitors were ME oil workers and related professions, plus a few military on leave. They (we!) were basically "mongers" looking for "rest and relaxation"

Pattaya has since partly grown away from that and tourism to the rest of Thailand increased exponentially, but your use of "never" is somewhat erroneous. 

13 hours ago, VBF said:

Completely disagree with that!

There was a time in the eighties that there was no other reason to go to Pattaya - the VAST majority of visitors were ME oil workers and related professions, plus a few military on leave. They (we!) were basically "mongers" looking for "rest and relaxation"

Pattaya has since partly grown away from that and tourism to the rest of Thailand increased exponentially, but your use of "never" is somewhat erroneous. 

Pattaya was not specifically mentioned in the post I quoted, so my reply was not Pattaya specific.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The Eastern Economic Corridor is coming and the plans don't have a sex-tourism destination smack-bang in the middle of it. 

Given that prostitution is illegal in Thailand, how could it be included?

Sex tourism in LOS will continue, though it may be in a different format, and not only in the few places as before.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given that prostitution is illegal in Thailand, how could it be included?

Sex tourism in LOS will continue, though it may be in a different format, and not only in the few places as before.

A few more locked doors and internet bookings, and perhaps the signs for "Health Massage" can be amended to "Economic Health Massage"......

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Pattaya was not specifically mentioned in the post I quoted, so my reply was not Pattaya specific.

Ummm......  If you look carefully, I was actually quoting YOUR "Mongers in Pattaya were never the majority of tourists." ???? Which is what MY post went on to address.

Edited by VBF

12 minutes ago, VBF said:

Ummm......  If you look carefully, I was actually quoting YOUR "Mongers in Pattaya were never the majority of tourists." ???? Which is what MY post went on to address.

What my post says, if one comprehends, is that the number of tourist mongers in Pattaya never outnumbered the number of tourists that didn't indulge in the bars or gogos in THE WHOLE OF THAILAND.

If not specifically saying that, because I expected most readers would understand what I meant, caused you some confusion, you seem to be on your own.

Have a nice day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What my post says, if one comprehends, is that the number of tourist mongers in Pattaya never outnumbered the number of tourists that didn't indulge in the bars or gogos in THE WHOLE OF THAILAND.

If not specifically saying that, because I expected most readers would understand what I meant, caused you some confusion, you seem to be on your own.

Have a nice day.

Oohh...beam me up Snotty  ????????

Actually, i think you'll find that back in the day (say 80s) most tourists only went to Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket (possibly Chiang Mai) and all those areas offer bars /gogos etc.  It was considered quite adventurous to go to out of the way places in Issan for example. Of course some did but I can remember needing to plan a journey to Pichai which was most definitely an area attracting very few tourists. I went to visit an old friend who was actually "the second Farang in the village"

When I was there, the site of Farangs in the market still caused comment amongst the local people.

And yes thanks, I shall. You have a good 'un too. ????

On 11/10/2021 at 1:15 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I disagree.

Before TAT targeted Russian and Chinese tourists, who were the main tourists coming to Pattaya?  It sure wasn't western families or coupes, or backpackers.  

Well my cousin who lives in Thailand, let me know that Pattaya, Hua Hin, and some other parts of Thailand

still look like Zombie land with all the places shuttered up for good, In Hua Hin places are getting razed to

the ground, so I was told to wait at least until  October or November of 2022, to return to Thailand

and maybe some long lasting changes will have started to happen.  Tourism will gradually improve

world wide as the pandemic get more under control and is less scary and less people are dying.

Once the majority of the unvaxxed are finished with their hospital stays, and the hospitals are

back to normal operations, we can all relax a bit.

Geezer

On 11/12/2021 at 5:59 AM, Leaver said:

I disagree.

Before TAT targeted Russian and Chinese tourists, who were the main tourists coming to Pattaya?  It sure wasn't western families or coupes, or backpackers.  

Did you miss all the previous conversation about how I wasn't talking about Pattaya?

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Did you miss all the previous conversation about how I wasn't talking about Pattaya?

Yes, but I didn't miss the top of the page where is says Pattaya>Pattaya News and 'in big' topic heading saying Pattaya: New "B.L.U.E.????

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2021 at 11:20 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

The Eastern Economic Corridor is coming and the plans don't have a sex-tourism destination smack-bang in the middle of it. 

You say that but don't forget that in Sri Racha there is a thriving sex nightlife scene to service the Japanese working here.

The idea that those involved in business are not concerned with partying after work is just plain wrong. Same applies to those attending conventions, trade exhibitions and the like. See Las Vegas for proof of that.

6 hours ago, champers said:

You say that but don't forget that in Sri Racha there is a thriving sex nightlife scene to service the Japanese working here.

The idea that those involved in business are not concerned with partying after work is just plain wrong. Same applies to those attending conventions, trade exhibitions and the like. See Las Vegas for proof of that.

I agree. 

It's a part of Thai culture, that became a tourist attraction.