Extension based on Retirement Nakhon Si Thamarath

I have a friend that says he is having big problem with immigration office in Nakhon Si Thamarath regard his extension of stay based on retirement. He claims that they demand, in spite of having an income-verification from swedish embassy, they ALSO on top of that demands a bankbalance with all in and outs for the whole year showing not less than 800K baht... They demands further photos with him and his wife with the address visable in the photo AND a google mapfoto showing the area where he lives....

I did ask him, you sure you are applying for retirement and not Marriage-extension?? But he said firmly yes, retirement.

May I ask you guys that knows about this Immigration office in N S Thamarath, is this true or a misunderstanding though??

thank you,

glegolo

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

Did he apply for his previous extension using the 800k in the bank option? 

When changing to income after using money in the bank they can ask for proof it was kept in the bank for 3 months after applying and then 400k baht until he applies for the new extension.

Or maybe the are wanting back up proof for his proof of income.

A photo showing the house number with him in it and map to the house is asked for by several offices.

• Like 2

Not specific to any office but:

If TM30 not on file the photos may be in lieu of that requirement to prove where he stays.  A map is a normal requirement.

Believe there have been several other reports of income proof being asked, as well as Embassy letter.  Seems they are asking to see a total of 800k transferred for the year but not the 65k per month as for nationalities that can not obtain Embassy letters anymore.  

• Like 1

Another confusing OP.

Extension based on retirement along with mention of photo required with wife.

Could be something to due with changing the basis of extension.

Retirement vs marriage.

Money in bank change to income method using embassy letter.

Impossible to tell with confusing post.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Another confusing OP.

Extension based on retirement along with mention of photo required with wife.

Could be something to due with changing the basis of extension.

Retirement vs marriage.

Money in bank change to income method using embassy letter.

Impossible to tell with confusing post.

I do not at all find it confusing, and I am not even an native english speaker....

Maybe you just lack the insight......

I clearly gave you the exact demands this office had towards my friend. And I wrote also what he wanted to have.... So there is no confusing more than these freaking demands. that more seems to indicate an application for extension of stay based on marriage to me..

glegolo

7 minutes ago, glegolo18 said:

I do not at all find it confusing, and I am not even an native english speaker....

Maybe you just lack the insight.

Perhaps if he posted himself exactly what method he used for previous extension and what method he used for this extension.

Why and how did wife come into it given thread heading is Extension based on Retirement.

How did requirements change from previous extension to current attempt.

• Like 2

A question starting with: 'A friend' .... I always have doubts about it. This 'Friend' cannot write or read himself?

Would like to see how this 'friend' completed the application form to give you an answer. All of this looks just as a combination of a mix of an application as Retired and Married with Thai woman. So not possible as it is the one or the other.

The only thing I can guess is: the former application and extension was as retired and the present one as married. In this case Immi wants to check you fulfilled the conditions on your former extension, 3 months after extension still had the 400K on the bank or income all year every month of 65K and now, as married, fulfill  the conditions as married, so with the presents of your Thai wife, with pictures ........

• Like 2

I've been renewing non-imm type O visas at NST as a "marriage visa" for about 7 years, then as a "retirement visa" for the last 3 years. In all those times, if the paperwork has been in order they've been handled quickly and easily. Overall my experiences with them have been very straightforward compared to some reports from other offices being unusually picky.

For retirement:

TM7 form

2 x photos 4cm by 6cm

Copy of every page of passport

Copy of wife's tabien bahn

Copy of wife's ID card

Printed screenshot of Google Map showing lat/long of a marker placed on the house

Photo of me and family outside the house showing the house number, photo of me and family inside the house

Make a small deposit into the bank before obtaining the next 3

Printed bank statements showing 800k continuous balance over 3 full months (eg: today I would do Jun, Jul, Aug as full months and Sep as partial month)

Letter from bank confirming balance as at today's date

Copies of updated bank book showing the same

When I turn up with the above in all prepared correctly, it's about 10 mins to get the visa renewed, and this was last done in August. I can't help with how they view proof of income as I've always shown sufficient overall balance without issue.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Sorry but what you have listed is not straight forward. You have listed for a retirement extension a copy of your wife's tabien bahn, a copy of your wife's ID, photo's of you and the family outside the house and photo's of you and the family inside the house. My question to you is I am on a retirement extension and I am not married so what gives with all the wife's and family things for a retirement extension?

He is just providing proof of where he lives which is sometimes necessary when you don't have a rental agreement to show.

18 minutes ago, tonray said:

He is just providing proof of where he lives which is sometimes necessary when you don't have a rental agreement to show.

I can provide that without providing a wife's tabien bahn, a wif's ID card, photo's of me with the family outside and photo's of me with the family inside the house. I can the landlord to produce the "Landlord's tabien bahn", the "landlord's ID, photo's of me only outside the house and photo's of me only inside the house. If he does not have a rental agreement the he only needs the land owner's Tabien Bahn and ID to show where he lives with a photo of just him outside the house showing the number. There is no wife in my life so according to you I cannot get a retirement extension at Nakhon Si Thamarath unless I have a wife. I have lived in Thailand for over 12 years and had both retirement and marriage extensions and I have never heard such BS

Edited by Russell17au

3 hours ago, Russell17au said:

There is no wife in my life so according to you I cannot get a retirement extension at Nakhon Si Thamarath unless I have a wife. I have lived in Thailand for over 12 years and had both retirement and marriage extensions and I have never heard such BS

If you are living with your wife (or any other individual), and there is no rental agreement, then you would show the proof of living with the wife (Thabian baan, ID, photos). If you have a rental agreement, then such evidence is not required.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, timendres said:

If you are living with your wife (or any other individual), and there is no rental agreement, then you would show the proof of living with the wife (Thabian baan, ID, photos). If you have a rental agreement, then such evidence is not required.

In my 20 years of retirement extensions here in Bangkok that has not been asked.  Several years ago they did require TM30 receipt and that has been what I have used since.  Over 20 years ago indeed did require wife documentation when extending for marriage.

That said expect it could be used to prove residence in lieu of rental contract.

5 hours ago, markwhite said:

I've been renewing non-imm type O visas at NST as a "marriage visa" for about 7 years, then as a "retirement visa" for the last 3 years. In all those times, if the paperwork has been in order they've been handled quickly and easily. Overall my experiences with them have been very straightforward compared to some reports from other offices being unusually picky.

For retirement:

TM7 form

2 x photos 4cm by 6cm

Copy of every page of passport

Copy of wife's tabien bahn

Copy of wife's ID card

Printed screenshot of Google Map showing lat/long of a marker placed on the house

Photo of me and family outside the house showing the house number, photo of me and family inside the house

Make a small deposit into the bank before obtaining the next 3

Printed bank statements showing 800k continuous balance over 3 full months (eg: today I would do Jun, Jul, Aug as full months and Sep as partial month)

Letter from bank confirming balance as at today's date

Copies of updated bank book showing the same

When I turn up with the above in all prepared correctly, it's about 10 mins to get the visa renewed, and this was last done in August. I can't help with how they view proof of income as I've always shown sufficient overall balance without issue.

I think you are confusing the two.

I have been renewing Retirement visa at Phayao for 4-5 years, previously a Chiang Rai, nd never any mention  of proof of my residence or wife.  I always have my wife with me at IO, so she can answer any questions in Thai.  Since I have had a Tambien Ban (yellow Book) I take that with me to Immigration, but never been asked for it.

This year I made an appointment with I/O for visa extension nd was given a list of required documents, all to do with proof of bank balance, which bank supplied.

If I remember rightly, getting a Tambien Ban required photos of house etc..  One year wife had to describe, in Thai, where our house was.

I guess that each I/O makes up the rules as they go, depending on how difficult they want to be

What is the point of an income verification from the embassy if they want to see the bankbalance with in and outs?Most people  I know never transfer money to Thailand but use their foreign bank or credit card to withdraw money from atm's.It doesn't say anywhere you must transfer your pension or whatever to a Thai bankaccount.

2 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

If retirement, all you need is a bank letter, an updated pass book and copies of relevant pages in your passport.

You need to read the OP again.

He is using proof of his income from the Swedish embassy. 

1 hour ago, timendres said:

Read what I wrote. I said there is no wife for a starter and I am not living with anyone and the rental agreement finalised years ago and I am on a month by month rental

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

Read what I wrote. I said there is no wife for a starter and I am not living with anyone and the rental agreement finalised years ago and I am on a month by month rental

No need. I was addressing the OP with regards to your post.