Converting to a Volunteer Visa, (from a Tourist Covid-Extension Visa)

I know that one day these Tourist Covid-Extension Visas will eventually end, and also, my passport is quickly filling-up its remaining pages for these as well. And to this end, I have contacted a few people that are able to sell me a 15-Month Volunteer Visa, and I would be happy to apply for one of those, soon.

However, that being said, of the different 3 people I talked to about this all in one day, they all quoted prices that were about twice the prices of what I was quoted during the beginning of this Pandemic, in early 2020. But, one thing that I noticed about all of them though, was that it was too easy to get a lower price quote from each successive agent I talked to, after I told them the price I was quoted by the previous person! So I think maybe they are all "highballing me too much?

The quoted prices ranged from 70K THB on the high-end, down to the lower 50K's on the low end. And again, as I mentioned before, all of these seemed to be about double the prices of what I was quoted a few different times from different people at the beginning of 2020.... I think.... am I wrong?

So, to cut-to-the-chase, my only real question here is: what is a normal price for this kind of visa?

Edited by Terry B

14 minutes ago, Terry B said:

I have contacted a few people that are able to sell me a 15-Month Volunteer Visa, and I would be happy to apply for one of those, soon.

How did you enter Thailand. 

Tourist visa, visa exempt etc...

And since then been on covid extensions? 

Where are you located.

Obviously your not 50+ years.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

If you are converting from a tourist entry (which seems to be the case since you are being quoted for 15 months) the quote of low 50s is in the right ballpark. It comprises both the conversion from a tourist entry to a Non Immigrant entry via the Non O visa application, and the subsequent one-year extension. I seem to remember the going rate being around 45k back in late 2020, but there has been some upward price pressure since then.

As @DrJack54implied, if you are over 50 years old, you should be going for a retirement extension instead, which works out a lot cheaper.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mockingbird said:

Those price ranges are about right.

I was quoted in the 59 - 65000 range a few weeks ago. (3 quotes)

I'm really surprised. However with 3 quotes I can't doubt your comment.

By contrast I helped a couple of friends through an agent back in the amnesty days obtain non O and 12 month extension (volunteering)

Then it was ~35k. 

In one case it ended up slightly more. 39k from memory. Perhaps the agent included 90 reports or whatever.

So  that's a big increase.

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm really surprised. However with 3 quotes I can't doubt your comment.

By contrast I helped a couple of friends through an agent back in the amnesty days obtain non O and 12 month extension (volunteering)

Then it was ~35k. 

In one case it ended up slightly more. 39k from memory. Perhaps the agent included 90 reports or whatever.

So  that's a big increase.

Yep. I started another thread asking for agent recommendations, narrowed it down to 3, and those were the quotes.

Maybe you can get it for much cheaper if you shop around more than I did.