Thailand’s new tourism promotional slogan for next year unveiled

snoop1130

14 hours ago, EricTh said:

What happened to the skimpy Thai girls in bikinis photos?

... tourist fund ... "not just to promote tourism but also to effect changes in the tourism industry" ... 

Edited by BusyB

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nah. They only have to wait till the railroad to China is finished and the Chinese government lets them out, and it'll be back to what it was prior to corona, IMO.

However, I would agree had you said Thailand is finished as a western tourist hub. At least as other than a package tour destination.

Western tourists has stagnated or in case of the Australians declined over last 3-4 years. Not finished but rather less appealing to the western tourists except for the Russians. 

Edited by Eric Loh
wrong word
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I have kinda felt, wearing a facemask for a little time each  day is not much to bear relative to coughing my last breath in a hospital or suffering a long bout of Covid. To even complain about the necessity seems like the act of a Thai male child. 

Indoors yes but out in the open at the beach? You got more chance dying of the Pluto virus. All it does is keep the people nicely oppressed and further pollution. Time to move on. 

3 hours ago, nchuckle said:

One look at Thailand’s lowly position in the PISA educational tables answers the question about being in any way equipped to consider focusing on tech or higher skilled jobs - and a million miles away from the likes of HK,Singapore etc. Even if starting today it would take a generation to address. 
No, the relatively low comparative skill set required in the tourism industry is what Thailand is suited for ,but when facing headwinds in that sector as they are now they have shown absolutely no vision,strategy or holistic thinking of how to address that. Even a dreadfully clumsy,overlong 'slogan  ' (11 words isn’t a slogan) illustrates a cluelessness at the very basic level. They’ve been found out..

I've lived in Hk and Singapore for many years and they are far ahead of these muppets. They're Chinese,  clever, crafty and forward thinkers, with vision and think things through. 

Also they speak and write English (actually pretty similar in a lot of Vietnam). 

I remember that HK had "Hong Kong,  Asia's World City " (not anymore unfortunately )

Thailand.....go back to what you do (did) best...nightlife , good food and fun. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“Visit Thailand 2022, Now Even More Amazing Thailand Has It All”

You've got to be kidding me! This slogan is waaay too short. In order to really drive the point home, perhaps they should have settled for something like this:

Visit Thailand 2022, Now Even More Amazing Thailand Has It All, And Also Return To Thailand In 2023, When It Will Be Yet Even More Amazing, Just To Become Even More Amazing In 2024 and Beyond, And By 2030 Will Be The Most Amazing Country Globally, Because Thailand Simply Never Ceases To Amaze, Provided Amazing Thailand Manages To Finally Open Its Borders Again"

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Admiral Hornblower said:

Really?? That's the best slogan they could come up with??!!

Thats unbelievable, what are they thinking? Noooo they are not thinking!!!

Obviously they need a new marketing person because that picture is nothing different from a thousand other beaches around the planet and portrays nothing of the fun things that Thailand has to offer.

Shame about all the current red tape and silly visa requirements that turn lots of people away but hopefully one day they will get someone in a position of power who has an open mind, common sense and shows some foresight!!!

5 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

You've got to be kidding me! This slogan is waaay too short. In order to really drive the point home, perhaps they should have settled for something like this:

Visit Thailand 2022, Now Even More Amazing Thailand Has It All, And Also Return To Thailand In 2023, When It Will Be Yet Even More Amazing, Just To Become Even More Amazing In 2024 and Beyond, And By 2030 Will Be The Most Amazing Country Globally, Because Thailand Simply Never Ceases To Amaze, Provided Amazing Thailand Manages To Finally Open Its Borders Again"

by 2030 they might AND I SAY MIGHT have been to the moon and back.....

16 hours ago, Gold Star said:

'Thailand has it all'

We just won't allow you to see it, smell it, or do it.

A more honest slogan would be:

'Bring your money, don't move, touch, drink, or do anything, now leave.' 

You've almost got it right, however may I be so bold as to suggest, "Visit your local Thai Consulate or Embassy deposit as much as you can afford, then <deleted> off" 

This will save all the aggravation of COE,  covid-19 tests and a 12 hour flight.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Concerned observer said:

and think that someone actually gets paid to think these mindless, nonsensical slogans up

"Someone" would suggest 1 person. But in fact this truly brilliant, mindboggling, almost psychedelic, painstakingly crafted slogan without doubt is the result of countless brainstorming hours delivered by an entire committee composed of the brightest thinkers at TAT and the Ministry of Sports and Tourism, people who throughout the year do nothing else but contemplate the next slogan and pocket generous salaries for their indispensable service.

P.S.: My 8-year-old nephew could've come up with this slogan within an hour and in exchange for an ice cream cone. 

15 hours ago, asiasurfer said:

Another piece of nonsense. By the time I had scrolled down to the last message of thIs page, I forgot what the actual slogan is... 

Not the slogan we need to worry about, its the continuous plugging of Phuket that makes me think there must be loads of government officials with investments or interest in Phuket. What about all the other provinces that heavily rely on tourism and surely before anyone starts to get interested in returning to Thailand as a serious holiday maker, Thailand needs to put its house in order and open International travel and open the nightlife with alcohol. Very few people following what's occurring in Thailand will be enticed to go there until the reports start filtering through stating everything is back to normal. A single island known for its scams and corruption simply wont cut it apart from an odd desperate few

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

the risk of catching Covid is less than minimal.

Real glad you quantified it so exactly!

But of course it is on a breezy beach....but I notice you do no even reference the possibility of giving it to others.... it isn't all about oneself. A bit like not smoking....

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Gold Star said:

'Thailand has it all'

We just won't allow you to see it, smell it, or do it.

A more honest slogan would be:

'Bring your money, don't move, touch, drink, or do anything, now leave.' 

Bring your money and we will charge you Double … If you stay too long we will even  make sure you cannot enjoy with all the red tape that ensures you won’t stay … Amazing … PS .. And prices are now doubled to make up for what we lost 

That’s the best one I could come up with “;0)

• Like 2