Thailand’s vaccine ambition

snoop1130

45 minutes ago, mickyr55 said:

SHAME is not in the Thai vocabulary. ????????????

i just feel sad for thai people.. they just give up and take it in the B ........  they know .....  well the students in BKK trying.... Thailand could be great...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeall said:

i just feel sad for thai people.. they just give up and take it in the B ........  they know .....  well the students in BKK trying.... Thailand could be great...

and yes... try track my IP ..... 

• Like 1

Can they finanally stop this madness of administering Sinocrap ? A co-worker got 2 x Sinocrap + 1 AZ with the result being infected in the hospital. Great stuff from China, I'd rather have a bottle of Grey Goose in my veins, with a slightly more pleasant effect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deli said:

Can they finanally stop this madness of administering Sinocrap ? A co-worker got 2 x Sinocrap + 1 AZ with the result being infected in the hospital. Great stuff from China, I'd rather have a bottle of Grey Goose in my veins, with a slightly more pleasant effect.

yes, thais are very frustrated and dont want sinocrap, but the gov loves pump it.. must be cheap?

19 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

Injected with what? First jab or second jab?

In this context, 'vaccinated' means having had 2 shots. That's why you won't get a vaccination certificate until you have.

Where my family live, near Kaset Sombun, nobody wants Sinovac.

They hear what it like and where it comes from. They don't trust the Chinese or this Government either.

Many people ask why this Government wants to buy submarines and airforce planes and not take care their people.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

October 1, 2021: The Prayut government hopes to vaccinate 50% of the population by the end of this month,

This is because of Donations of vaccine by Governments who know what they are doing about the pandemic and vaccines, also that have not discriminated against foreigners, absolutely Zilch to do with little Tu Tu. or his so called government. Roll out the pretty of PR if you want, but you 'ant fooling me .

Going crazy on Samui all week vaccines being given i had second AZ last month wife gets her booster shot tomorrow> three venues BKK hospital .Chaweng Uni and Samui gov. hospital . Pizer available at gov hospital don't know if that the fist one but most others are AZ  second.. and booster from sinovac  

11 hours ago, nattaya09 said:

Those numbers appear to be from Sept 22 so not sure how much additional progress they've made in the last 10 days. Their program seemed to have been surging pretty well during September.  If they have the supply, they should aim high and come as close as they can. 60% by the end of year would be a huge success considering how abysmal the first several months were.

Thailand's "number of doses" figures seem to lag a week behind other countries on ourworldindata.org. UK, Germany etc have figures going up to the 29th/30th.

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&minPopulationFilter=1000000&time=2021-06-26..latest&facet=none&pickerSort=asc&pickerMetric=location&hideControls=true&Metric=Vaccine+doses&Interval=Cumulative&Relative+to+Population=true&Align+outbreaks=false&country=GBR~ITA~DEU~FRA~ESP~THA

14 hours ago, nkg said:

The latest numbers are:

42.17% - at least one vaccination

22.73% - fully vaccinated

So she's probably talking about 50% getting at least 1 jab by the end of the month.

One jab isn't going to be protective against hospitalization.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

That’s what was announced today amid the good news of increasing vaccine supplies and bad, lingering news of the possibility that the coronavirus is working tirelessly to outsmart all vaccines being used at the moment.

It's called immune escape and is caused by leaky vaccines, ie, vaccines that are not 'sterilizing vaccines' who provide the recipient with full immunity.  All the current crop of Covid vaccines are "leaky", none are sterilizing vaccines (I wish they were), and as such they facilitate immune escape.  That sucks.
And around and around we will go.  Close your eyes, plug your ears - but that won't make it go away.

Immune escape
https://www.science.org/doi/full/10.1126/science.371.6527.329
https://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.1002198

Leaky vaccines
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4516275/

• Like 1

In this xenophobia atmosphere of visceral hatred of all things Chinese by such a large number of Western expats (I find this beyond sad and I don't share the anti-Chinese sentiment), for me Sinovac and Sinophram are the only vaccines I want while I wait for the rollout of Novavax.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

Injected with what? First jab or second jab?

They not mention it bevause sure it's first and just wanne look like they doing good job. 1 jab means for any vaccine only protected for around 30%. So still very bad here!!!

Slow slow slow. All delayed bevause extreme corruption and more thick brown envelopes. 

Saving lives or economy is at the bottom of their list 

2 hours ago, connda said:

In this xenophobia atmosphere of visceral hatred of all things Chinese by such a large number of Western expats (I find this beyond sad and I don't share the anti-Chinese sentiment), for me Sinovac and Sinophram are the only vaccines I want while I wait for the rollout of Novavax.

Hey, if you buy into what the Chinese are telling you and selling you, I got this magic cowpaddy to sell you...wear it around your neck and the Thai bar girls will think you are more hansum than anyone else...

On 10/1/2021 at 4:50 PM, snoop1130 said:

he Prayut government hopes to vaccinate 50% of the population by the end of this month,

so far and it has been quite sometime 7-8 months of vaccinaiton only 22.73% is fully vaccinated how the heck they will do to reach 50% by end of October as they need to vaccinate 27.27% in less then a month  ROFL  555....555

2 hours ago, WingFat said:

Hey, if you buy into what the Chinese are telling you and selling you, I got this magic cowpaddy to sell you...wear it around your neck and the Thai bar girls will think you are more hansum than anyone else...

I rest my case.

Hated for the Chinese as well as ad-hominem attacks toward those who don't share their own hatred toward the Chinese and their vaccines.  Vaccine which are approved by the World Health Organization and are key component of the Thai vaccine effort.

Thank you for proving my point.  :thumbsup:

The thais are happy to be getting the jab including farangs.The children are also getting the jab and lining up.Other countries like the uk are still thinking about young adults or parents are.

Don,t know what  brand is  being used,but better than nothing and it may help them if anything happens

OK, I used to be a defender of the daily vaccination figures, and that they were not being juiced. 

I think I'll step off that train now.

Saturday Covid-19 Update: New infections, deaths

Vaccination data continues to be inconsistent, with the number of third vaccine booster shots administered mysteriously falling by 162,000 between September 17 and September 18. Also, while various government and news sources touted that, in celebration of Mahidol Day, somewhere between 1 million and 1.3 million vaccines were administered, the official figures from the Department of Disease Control show the number of vaccines given on September 24 to be only 765,898.

Now, the reported number of vaccines given on the last day in September is listed by the DDC to be a staggering 2,288,728 injections, with over 1.3 million people receiving their second doses that day. It seems like such an impressing accomplishment would be exalted and heralded in the press, but the record-shattering achievement seems to have gone unmentioned.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/saturday-covid-19-update-new-infections-deaths

30Sep-Covid-19-Daily-Vax.png

2_million_jabs_e4b4a6251ad4b6c62ee22d28eadaf9076c92ed42.jpg

• Thanks 1