Sadly I feel my time in the LOS is coming to an end

3 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I don't want to derail this thread.

But I'm a bit of an American Anglofile, I love your country. 

Yes the weather really sucks big time, but the countryside and the culture is great. Granted a little crowded and super expensive, but I still love it.

You can blame the BBC World Service for a teenage hispanic nerd holed up in his bedroom in the California Central Valley listening on shortwave!

As I recall it was the booming 6175kHz every night

Most countries are great, till one lives in them.

• Like 1

Thais are racist. 

That's just a fact.  People in the West, and in the US particularly who create problems from virtually nothing have no idea what real racism is. If you want to know the real depth, learn to understand the Thai language but don't tell anyone you can understand anything. You will not believe the things that are said -- often right in front of you, since you are so dumb not to have learned Thai in all the time you have been here -- about you and other foreigners, regardless of how innocent they have been or how well they might be helping their Thai partners (and their families) and friends. It would be laughable if it were not so pathetic. 

Unfortunately, this situation is just like the weather; don't go live in Norway if you want to walk around in shorts all year long. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trujillo said:

Thais are racist. 

That's just a fact.  People in the West, and in the US particularly who create problems from virtually nothing have no idea what real racism is. If you want to know the real depth, learn to understand the Thai language but don't tell anyone you can understand anything. You will not believe the things that are said -- often right in front of you, since you are so dumb not to have learned Thai in all the time you have been here -- about you and other foreigners, regardless of how innocent they have been or how well they might be helping their Thai partners (and their families) and friends. It would be laughable if it were not so pathetic. 

Unfortunately, this situation is just like the weather; don't go live in Norway if you want to walk around in shorts all year long. 

Given the woke claim that only white people are racist, in my experience the most racist people were not white.

• Like 2