The Infectious Nature of Misinformaton

Chomper Higgot

24 minutes ago, frantick said:

For all you CNN/MSNBC lovers out there, try Breaking Points on YouTube. One anchor center left, one center right. Although they don't seem to be doing any investigative journalism, very few MSM outlets do anymore either. They at least can present a topic without all the Don Lemon, Rachelle Maddow hystrionics.

All those who depend on videos for their information should  read more, watch videos less. It's a lot easier to fact check the written word. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Wow!

If you have an afternoon to spare check out reddit (r/vaccinated) and read through the many

injuries reported there. 

Unless you think they're all lying and this is just a huge conspiracy.

Just because complicit media outlets and tech platforms throttle what's going on doesn't mean it isn't.

This should not devolve into a case of my truth matters and everyone else can go to hell. 

Like I said, if you had evidence, you’d post it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Get away from social media !!! Jeez. You guys really do fall for the lies.

OK, I get it now. You're old. Go back to your Rachelle Maddow and The View. 

There are many fine podcasts covering news and other topics these days, as well as sites with the written word. These are the reason MSM are losing viewership. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Occasionally someone osts videos from those sites or links. Almost invariably, they are at odds with what scientific research actually show. Last night someone posted nonsense from someone who claimed that the mRNA vaccines actually damage the T cell system. He cited a study that only suggested as an outside possibility that vaccines might do this. The author of the study called this clown on his BS. A new study actually showed that the mRNA a vaccines primed the T cell system against covid. So, no, it's not the MSM where the real source of your problem is.. It's a thing called Science that's the real source of your difficulties.

Obviously you didn't check out my recommendation. They don't spew non-scientific diatribe. Don't attribute "someone posted" to what I posted. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, frantick said:

There are many fine podcasts covering news and other topics these days, as well as sites with the written word. These are the reason MSM are losing viewership. 

"There are many fine podcasts covering news and other topics these days"

You should check some out.

I recommend "Bill Gates and Rashida Jones Ask Big Questions".

Maybe you would learn not to make posts like "OK, I get it now. You're old. Go back to your Rachelle Maddow and The View." which show a tendency to make assumptions about people about whom you know nothing; and to make personal attacks instead of addressing the content of your disagreements.

• Like 1

What? Social media is known to be full of misinformation. Seems you've fallen for it.

If you follow my comments, you'll remember that I don't watch any opinion shows. None.

Ok. I'll bite. What's a good podcast? Name a few. I follow quite a few. Though rarely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Which recommendations would those be? I tried clicking on this but nothing happened.  

"There are many fine podcasts covering news and other topics these days, as well as sites with the written word."

Wouldn't doubt if he mentioned Joe Rogan. A total nutter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LarrySR said:

Fox continues it's relentless attacks on Dr. Faucci in their pandemic misinformation campaign. 

Yes....sadly one has to conclude that Rupert Murdoch is probably the most powerful man on the planet.

It is not the first time that media barons have wielded excessive power..one thinks of Hearst,Northcliffe,Beaverbrook et al in their day but not right across the entire media board on such a grand scale.

Of Alfred Harmsworth,Lord Northcliffe it has been said,"presenting stories as entertainment and by blurring the difference between news and views, Northcliffe titillated, if he did not debouch, the public mind; he polluted, if he did not poison, the wells of knowledge.[36]

Piers Brendon,Wikipedia.

Sound familiar?

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

focus on what we DO know. we know Enough already to determine near zero “ long term effects”, etc earths core may stop spinning today.

we don’t “ wait” to progress science, we dont die when the prevention means is to hand.

Unfortunately many don’t so much ‘wait’ as completely forgo vaccines and they do so in the basis of lies and other misinformation.

Remember the nativity of only worrying about what the internet was doing to the minds of our children?!

Here’s how Facebook users can take a peep into the misinformation bubble many are living in.

Scroll through comments to fb posts (below news items is a good place to look) until you find posts that are clearly anti-vaccine and/or are on the far right wing, now visit the fb page of the people making these posts.

You’ll find yourself in a twisted idea of reality.

But that’s where millions of people live and that’s where millions get their views and have their views validated.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Here’s how Facebook users can take a peep into the misinformation bubble many are living in.

Scroll through comments to fb posts (below news items is a good place to look) until you find posts that are clearly anti-vaccine and/or are on the far right wing, now visit the fb page of the people making these posts.

You’ll find yourself in a twisted idea of reality.

But that’s where millions of people live and that’s where millions get their views and have their views validated.

The picture can be seen of anti-vaxxers mindset going through vaccine denial, anti-vax memes and jokes, to hospitalization and application of paralytics and organ failures, to begging for prayers from prayer warriors, to family begging for gofundme contributions for funeral and hospital expenses. Look for the Herman Cain awards on reddit. If you wonder what a bad case of COVID is like look at this reddit you can see what people go through.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, codemonkey said:

A bunch of anti mask, rightwing  anti-people blue health measures lunatics make statements claiming school boards have requested Biden label parents who campaign for rightwing anti-mask, anti-public health measures lunacy to be labeled ‘Domestic Terrorists’.

AP Publish this as fact without checking the truth.

That’s poor editorial control, and while it’s shoddy journalism it is not the same thing as rightwing media outlets themselves continuously inventing and disseminating false information under editorial policy.

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A bunch of anti mask, rightwing  anti-people blue health measures lunatics make statements claiming school boards have requested Biden label parents who campaign for rightwing anti-mask, anti-public health measures lunacy to be labeled ‘Domestic Terrorists’.

AP Publish this as fact without checking the truth.

That’s poor editorial control, and while it’s shoddy journalism it is not the same thing as rightwing media outlets themselves continuously inventing and disseminating false information under editorial policy.

It's a fake news report from a super dodgy website. It's a link through. Misleading as heck. Stunning so many fall for that, believe it, and apparently, like this junk. Boggles my mind.

• Like 1