Emirates Airlines Covid travel insurance

Bubbha

Emirates Airlines includes Covid travel insurance within the cost of a ticket to Thailand.

I am looking for feedback from travelers who have used the Emirates Covid travel insurance to fulfill the requirements of the COE.

Has anyone done this successfully?  If yes, which Thai Embassy or Consulate did you use to process your COE?

Get global multi-risk travel insurance when you purchase your flight on or after December 1, 2020

Fly with the world’s first airline to provide multi‑risk travel insurance with every flight, including coverage for COVID‑19. We’re keeping you safe on the journey and giving you extra security wherever you are in the world.

Earlier this year I flew in Emirates with a COE  issued in Riyadh.

Check the embassy requirements as the Riyadh embassy at that time specifically stated airline insurance was not accepted.

I bought insurance through worldnomads.

12 minutes ago, Farma said:

Earlier this year I flew in Emirates with a COE  issued in Riyadh.

Check the embassy requirements as the Riyadh embassy at that time specifically stated airline insurance was not accepted.

I bought insurance through worldnomads.

It may be semantics, but I think it's relevant that the airline is just a conduit and the insurance is provided by AIG.  Emirates even cover the country specific letter requirements (required for Thailand COE) in their FAQs.

You can print the policy wording from the Emirates website at emirates.com/multi-risk-travel-
insurance. If you need a personalised Proof of Insurance document with your name and flight
details, please email the insurer at one of the email addresses below and attach a copy of your
ticket/ flight itinerary, and the insurer will email you a personalised Proof of Insurance document
within 3 business days (not including week-ends/ public holidays). Only the insurer can provide
the Proof of Insurance.

Edited by treetops
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, treetops said:

It may be semantics, but I think it's relevant that the airline is just a conduit and the insurance is provided by AIG.  Emirates even cover the country specific letter requirements (required for Thailand COE) in their FAQs.

As I said check with the embassy. I was in email contact with the person issuing my COE. At that time airline issued insurance was not accepted. Part of his correspondence is attached.

Screenshot_20211004-051928_Outlook.jpg

21 hours ago, Farma said:

As I said check with the embassy. I was in email contact with the person issuing my COE. At that time airline issued insurance was not accepted. Part of his correspondence is attached.

Screenshot_20211004-051928_Outlook.jpg

I think there may be some confusion over the wording. The policy document I received from Emirates was not issued by an airline, their name does not appear anywhere on the document. 

Although titled AIG Travel Guard, the policy was underwritten by American Home Insurance in Dubai.

• Like 1