Second Hand Rolex Watch

Neeranam

10 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

By all accounts there is currently a world shortage and 2nd hand are fetching stupid prices and new mors than x2 if you can find one.

IF you can find them be prepared for a shock. ????

Or a whole bunch of fake aftermarket parts on it, buyer beware LOL.

Ever see the quality of high end fakes like the Submariner Noob v12, thank God I've realised how silly and superficial my solid gold Rolex is.  

• Like 1

Why Rolex? Old man watch! Watch for people who want show i have expensive clock! Still most think its fake. Buy some nice new one what only watch people  know its NICE! If only want show then buy Casio LOL

• Sad 1

Had a gold Submariner for a few years, wan't all that impressed with it and sold it, but there are several US and European auction houses that have them on sale every now and than, don't buy one locally though...

• Like 1

If you have the cash and looking for a “none-popular” model, then I recommend  you to buy it from an official dealer here.

Because if you do that, you will get the opportunity to buy a popular model at the same time at retail price. If you choose the right popular model, you can then resell that right after with huge profit and you will be left with a very cheap Rolex for yourself.

You will be amazed of how easy a dealer can get a brand new popular model for you, when you buy two watches at the same time here.

Edited by khunpa
  • Haha 1

I would not buy online unless from a seller that has an established and provable track record. Even then it's risky (there was a very good web site called TimeOfSwitzerland, which operated out of Switzerland and Hong Kong for many years; the owner however had a melt-down two years ago and subsequently died, leaving many paid-for orders in limbo). If you buy online and there's a problem, it's much harder to get any redress because the web site and/or business may not be registered in the country where you send the payment etc. 

There is WristCheck in HK which has been around for years, but it's not cheap. And since it's impossible to go to HK at the moment for non-residents, you'd have to have it sent, and then it would almost certainly get caught by Customs here and be subject to extortionate taxes etc.

https://wristcheck.com/buy/rolex

If you really want a second-hand Rolex I'd suggest you buy in UK whenever you next go back. There are a couple of places selling second-hand in Burlington Arcade in London, for instance.

If you do buy a watch overseas and bring it back to Thailand, 'a friend' tells me the best thing to do is wear the watch and have the box either sent separately, or bring it over on another trip.

• Sad 1

I sold my Rolex, 1979 Submariner to a shop in MBK, next to the Orange colored bank if I'm not mistaken the last time I was there about 2 years ago, got a pretty penny for it as well, so try there.

This was passed down from family and I sold it out of principle, it was bought back when watches were tools and not the preserve of the worlds over monied pillocks. I couldn't out of good faith wear the watch, tasteless, my grandfather would have approved. I settled on a  new Grand Seiko, bought with the proceeds of the sale + enough left over for a car, absurd really, but that's people for you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Why Rolex? Old man watch! Watch for people who want show i have expensive clock! Still most think its fake. Buy some nice new one what only watch people  know its NICE! If only want show then buy Casio LOL

Why Rolex? Old man watch! Watch for people who want show i have expensive clock! 

????    what next ?  A wrist bracelet made from gold bullions ?????

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

Rolex has thousands of requests per day for the popular steel sports models and only a few loyal customers get the opportunity to purchase one. The waiting list is 5 years long.

Thats why these models sell for double the retail price for second hand pieces. 

Their $50 million per year marketing budget has convinced the punters that they are the best. Far from it. Buy one and you'll blend in with every shallow schmuck in the office park.

Believe it or not, the Germans are arguably producing the best timepieces these days.

Also check out Tim at Watchbox studios for some excellent watch content.

https://youtu.be/8ZqMDj6UmDs

Edited by LarrySR
  • Like 1

As I don’t wear it any more and watches no longer interest me I tried to sell my Explorer II a few years ago (along with other watches) in Thailand - I was ridiculously lowballed by some of the second hand dealers.

I put the watch online - nothing but scam attempts. 

A couple of the UK retailers offered a decent price - Next time I go back to the UK I’ll sell the watches direct to one of them... 

I recall www.watchmaster.com offered fair pricing. 

Personally, I don’t trust selling or buying a watch in Thailand. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

alternatively , go onto chrono24 and do a dealer search for Thailand where you will find details of registered dealers , mostly in Bangkok area , there is also a dealer in Khon Kaen who advertises on bahtsold.com

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 1:30 PM, JackSinclair said:

Treated myself back in 1985 cost me 1500 gbp

Still looks good.

I wear it  at those Thai events where bling is expected.

Screenshot.jpg

I also have one the same ..90s vintage. Complete overhaul at Rolex at Lumpini....the watch now is valued at $5000 to $7000US. Insane prices nowadays.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Have not owned a watch since I retired.

Watches are obsolete, people just check their phone

LOL

Peace 

I guess for many it is an item of jewelry and/or symbol of wealth/success...... no different to those ridiculously thick gold neck chains expats seem so keen on (I know.....just jealous)

On 10/5/2021 at 12:35 AM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I got one in Peru on the streets and it was nice albeit for the ticking vs sweeping second issue proves it was a fake but it looked and was too heavy on my wrist

was 20usd but sure looked like the real deal.....not sure if u wanna go to Peru! 555

I'd love to go to Peru but I am not looking for a fake. better fakes here anyway, 3000 baht. 

• Like 1