What Provisions have you made for Disposal of your Body in Thailand, when the Time Comes? Have you even thought about it?

Have you ever toyed with the option to donate your body to science, in order to help med students?

Also, how do you sign up for this?

Med students, here in Thailand, like everywhere else, need to practice on us old guys, when we stop breathing, for good.

Now that I mention this, I realize that I need to make some provision in my living will, in order to provide some service to local med students, in my death.

Not joking.

However, one thing that I think might be a joke is to have med students dissect me and see that I have a small member, only about seven or eight inches, and you could say that it is one of my shortcomings.

Still, anyway....

In fact, it is a wonderful thing to do,....to provide one's body for research purposes.

I will definitely do this.

The only question is:  Which university will I choose, if I have a choice.

Hope that you will donate yourself, too, because...doing this is helpful for young students, as you know.

Regards,

Globulin 

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 2

I might imagine that you might think this post is sort of tongue in cheek.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Because, it will do my heart good to know that my body lies, fully embalmed, providing med students with some delight, after my delightful days have ended.

There is always a beginning and an ending.

Sooner than later, we must all reach the end of the road.

And then, what is one to do with one's remains?

We should all make good use of them, I think.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Barbecue at the local Wat.

Madam has also selected a nice resting place for us both with a view of the river.

Same here, we already "bought" (read made a contribution) a plot at the local Wat!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Same here, we already "bought" (read made a contribution) a plot at the local Wat!

If one wishes to be truly happy in Thailand, then making a commitment, such as knowing where your body will lie, in one of the many provinces available, is one's most important step to bliss.

However, if anyone might be amenable to it,  then giving one's corpse to a research center in Thailand, or teaching institution, might be the best thing one could do.

I mean, there is a dearth of good bodies lying around here, bodies suitable for teaching purposes.

Next week, I will do a bit of research in order to learn how I can sign up for this.

Time flies.

Before I know it, I will be back at university.

5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Have a plot at foreign cemetery here in Chiang Mai, hope

I don't need it for a long while......????

regards worgeordie

ME TOO!

I mean...I do not care much about myself...

But, you are a nicer person than I, and you deserve to live longer.......

14 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Next week, I will do a bit of research in order to learn how I can sign up for this.

Let us know what you find out.  My local med school hospital told me that they won't take foreign bodies. KKU

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I might imagine that you might think this post is sort of tongue in cheek.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Because, it will do my heart good to know that my body lies, fully embalmed, providing med students with some delight, after my delightful days have ended.

There is always a beginning and an ending.

Sooner than later, we must all reach the end of the road.

And then, what is one to do with one's remains?

We should all make good use of them, I think.

What you think is neither here nor there, this is a very personal choice and each individual will have different views. It would be interesting to know what they do with the leftovers when they have finished dissecting.

21 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

If one wishes to be truly happy in Thailand, then making a commitment, such as knowing where your body will lie, in one of the many provinces available, is one's most important step to bliss.

However, if anyone might be amenable to it,  then giving one's corpse to a research center in Thailand, or teaching institution, might be the best thing one could do.

I mean, there is a dearth of good bodies lying around here, bodies suitable for teaching purposes.

Time flies.

Before I know it, I will be back at university.

In my home country I am registered as a Donor, so if I die there they can have anything they want, but if I die here, then I will be at our plot at the local Temple! ????

Edited by MJCM

1 minute ago, JWRC said:

What you think is neither here nor there, this is a very personal choice and each individual will have different views. It would be interesting to know what they do with the leftovers when they have finished dissecting.

No doubt, once dissected, there is not much left.

However, good point.

Maybe it is in the contract.

When I was living in the UK i used to say that I would be content if my body was left by the side of the road in a plastic sack as I would have no further use for it. Now plastic sacks are frowned upon outside of interrogations I am content that my will says that I am prepared to be disposed of in accordance with local customs which I imagine means going up a nearby chimney. 

Important Consideration:

After preparation for dissection, one's physiognomy is completely and radically transformed in a way that would be unrecognizable to you or your closest relatives.

Therefore, in case you might be concerned that the dissection would be taking place on "you", this is actually not the case.

Also, somehow, it provides me with a modicum of comfort to know that young med students will be looking deep inside me, after I have gone.

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Important Consideration:

After preparation for dissection, one's physiognomy is completely and radically transformed in a way that would be unrecognizable to you or your closest relatives.

Therefore, in case you might be concerned that the dissection would be taking place on "you", this is actually not the case.

Also, somehow, it provides me with a modicum of comfort to know that young med students will be looking deep inside me, after I have gone.

Im  going to slowly eat myself

I enquired about donating my dead body to a local medical school, got a polite answer that 'I was over the age limit'.

My Thai son, and his Thai wife, know well what my wishes are:

- Check some temples which do cremations and select the cheapest price (donation) and burn me.

- *No ceremonies, no food or drinks either at the temple or at home.

- Told my son he had to decide what to do with my ashes. He responded quickly that he and his wife had already done some discussion on this point. His full plan is:

• Take my ashes home in a sealed jar and keep the jar in a high level shelf in his section of walk-in wardrobe, and he shared that his wife is well aware of this plan.
  • Instruct his eldest/all kids that when he dies and his wife dies their ashes are to added to mine in the same jar.
  • When all the kids are adults they have to decide what to do with the 'family jar'. 

(* above; This was discussed a few years back because son's B-I-L asked my son for a lot of cash (several hundred thousands) so that he could get the plans in place for when I die. He's convinced/has mentioned to others and to me, that I am extremely old and the family should be ready.

Son said no cash don't ask again and made it clear that he will make such decisions, not B-I-L.

Why? Easy answer B-I-L is obsessed with being important and impressing other people. So his aim was to plan/execute a very large event with lots of decoration/bunting/large photos with my name and uni rank (Professor Dr.), etc, large amounts of food (typical Chinese multi-table/multi course Chinese dinner) and expensive whisky etc.)

10 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

not with infinity

The concept of infinity is a construct which does not apply to the real world, something which we have already discussed on this good forum.  For example, if one were to look at our world, just one googolplex years from present day, then even the concept of infinity would have no meaning.

And, anyway, no matter whether or not you choose to be buried, you will, most definitely, be incinerated by our Sun, sooner or later.

Therefore, please do not worry too much about what happens in the near term.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Just now, GammaGlobulin said:

The concept of infinity is a construct which does not apply to the real world, something which we have already discussed on this good forum.  For example, one were to look at our world, just one googolplex from present day, then even the concept of infinity would have no meaning.

The real world  is a construct and does not apply to infinity

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

As you say.

However, it is only sentient beings on TV who can possibly give meaning to the construct of infinity.

Are you now saying that those posting on TV are not sentient?

If so, I disagree.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Imagine, donating a brain from a 90 year old farang and transplanting it, into one of the Government officials and suddenly, some intelligent decisions would be made.

No way, they will accept a farang body.

Edited by RafPinto
  • Haha 1