CRA’s AstraZeneca booster jabs to begin Oct 20, Moderna registrations open on Oct 29

webfact

000_98343J.jpg

Photo by MARCO BERTORELLO / AFP

Thailand’s Chulabhorn Royal Academy (CRA) is accepting registrations for AstraZeneca booster shots for those who have already had two doses of either the Sinovac or AstraZeneca vaccines, with jabs scheduled from October 20th to March 10th, 2022. Registrations for Moderna and Sinopharm booster shots will be open from October 29th for organisations and hospitals.

For people who have received two doses of Sinovac at the CRA’s vaccination centre in June, July and August, the CRA will open registrations for third booster shots as follows:

Those over 70 will receive booster shots from October 20th to 29th.

Those aged 59-69 will receive them from November 1st and 30th.

Those under 59 will receive the booster shots from November 15th to December 24th.

Those of all ages with any of the underlying diseases can receive booster shots from October 20th.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/astrazeneca-booster-jabs-to-begin-oct-20-moderna-registrations-open-on-oct-29/

Logo-top-.png

Sounds like this is just for folks who have been jabbed at CRA and then there is this in the article itself.

As for people who have received two doses of AstraZeneca at the CRA’s vaccination centre between July and September, the CRA will open registrations for third booster shots as follows:

• Those over 70 will receive booster shots from February 1s to 15th, 2022.
  • Those aged 59-69 will receive them from February 15th to 28
  • Those under 59 will receive the booster shots from March 1st to 10th.
  • Those of all ages with any of the underlying diseases can receive booster shots from February 1st.

The CRA also advised that AstraZeneca booster shots are NOT recommended for women under 40 years old, women under hormone-control medication or those who experience blood-clots.

It is also not advised to get vaccinated with booster shots too quickly, especially when the outbreak is not too severe, as data shows that, if the time frame between doses is longer, the immunity will be more effective.

• Like 2

Moderna in the first place should be given to the people who ordered and paid for it. On the other hand there is always said that Moderna would NOT be used as a booster before somewhere next year... So why registration for a booster of Moderna??????

How about those of us who were vaccinated outside the country with Pfizer or Moderna? Both the wife and me had both shots of the Pfizer last April and should be due soon for a booster shot. Other than just going back to the US, what do we do.I have asked that question several times on different forums and have not gotten an answer,

Perhaps because as of yet there is  no answer. 

Edited by sirineou

11 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Moderna in the first place should be given to the people who ordered and paid for it. On the other hand there is always said that Moderna would NOT be used as a booster before somewhere next year... So why registration for a booster of Moderna??????

where is the moderna coming from, as you said it has been paid for by the public, and it seems the government is going to use it first, maybe some people that paid for it have not had any jabs in anticipation of getting the moderna.

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

No word yet from Phayathai 2 on boosters for doubly sinovaxxed. I've contacted them twice recently. They say no supply as yet. Just finished 2nd az shot.

i'm confused you want to know about a booster for sino, yet you have had AZ

op what is CRA short for, just asking for us thicko's

18 minutes ago, steve187 said:

where is the moderna coming from, as you said it has been paid for by the public, and it seems the government is going to use it first, maybe some people that paid for it have not had any jabs in anticipation of getting the moderna.

Chulabhorn Royal Academy is CRA.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, steve187 said:

Sorry, it was the hospital who said they had just finished giving the 2nd shot.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Sorry, it was the hospital who said they had just finished giving the 2nd shot.

sorry i misread understood your 1st post as you had a 2nd AZ shot,

phyathai 2 brought the  2nd AZ shots forward to the end of sept, mine was due on the 13th Oct, went on the 28th sept, together with a friend that was due on he 15th Oct. was still well organized