UK to accept proof of vaccination in Thailand for several major vaccine brands, including AstraZeneca

webfact

2 hours ago, poohy said:

Your vaccinating hospital can do it

My local hospital Prachuap did no problem just 50 thb and got  yellow vax book

I already have one of those yellow books, pre covid. I asked Med Park who did the shots whether they could stamp my yellow book on production of the certificate, they said no. I have to go to one of the places mentioned in Bangkok.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I have two doses of Sinopharm.  Ideally I'd like to travel to UK at Christmas without quarantine/multiple PCR tests but I can't see a solution.

A booster of Moderna is available, but it doesn't help.

Janssen isn't available in Thailand now.

If I start again with a double dose of Moderna with the 3 month interval it will be well into next year.

Have I missed something?

[url=http://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination]Approved COVID-19 vaccines and countries with approved COVID-19 proof of vaccination[/url]

[quote]This applies in all cases, even if you’ve recently recovered from COVID-19 and have natural immunity.[/quote]

As in the USA, they appear to be ignoring the science.

[url=https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n2101]Vaccinating people who have had covid-19: why doesn’t natural immunity count in the US?[/url]

Edited by vinny

6 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Vaccine certificates only

If you use a vaccine certificate as proof, it must be issued by a national or state-level public health authority, be in English, French or Spanish, and include as a minimum:

• your forename and surname(s)
  • your date of birth
  • vaccine brand and manufacturer
  • date of vaccination for every dose
  • country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer

Important.

The actual paper you get after your second vaccine isn't the actual passport.

As Rabbit said.

You will need to bring the paperwork, passport, copies of everything to a registered hospital and it takes about a week to get the passport.

.50 baht

You'll get a receipt to pick it up later.

Important as you'll need it to travel domestically,eat at restaurants, enter malls, etc.

IMG_20211007_200130__01.jpg

Edited by MrJ2U

3 hours ago, smedly said:

so far I have only seen reference to locations in Bangkok 

Hospitals which staffed your vaccination center can issue Thailand national vaccination certificates in Phuket.  Also, can obtain yellow vaccination book at ministry of public health office in phuket Town.  Don't need imminent travel documents. Takes 5 days.  50 baht.

Edited by skatewash

6 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Neither is Sinopharm.... Even if it was my "Vaccination Certificate" (That's a joke, it's a print out from the hospitals website so could easily be doctored) doesn't include my date of birth so no doubt wouldn't be valid ???? 

Anybody know where I can go & get re-vaccinated at a place that not only has a vaccine that is acceptable for travel to the UK but will also issue a proper vaccine certificate?

Failing that, if I were to return to the UK does anybody know how quickly I could get fully vaccinated there before returning to Thailand?  

Edit: Still great news though & real progress in opening up being able to travel between Thailand & UK ???? 

Usa can get vaccinated day you arrive.  Free

3 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

No doubt they will also stipulate that the certificate only applies to the travel on the ticket and a new cert needs to be obtained for any subsequent travel.  Much the same as they do with confirmations of address which only apply to one particular use - writen on it!

It’s less embarrassing if you take the trouble to inform yourself better rather than just venture **** off the top of your head. 'No doubt' ..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Vaccine certificates only

If you use a vaccine certificate as proof, it must be issued by a national or state-level public health authority, be in English, French or Spanish, and include as a minimum:

• your forename and surname(s)
  • your date of birth
  • vaccine brand and manufacturer
  • date of vaccination for every dose
  • country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer

Funny, If they did this months ago I would went for this vaccine. Now they are doing this vaccine as mixed only, where I live. Is it possible they don't want us to leave?

16 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

I am not so sure this yellow book will be required by the UK, let's see what transpires in the coming weeks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Says who..... I was expecting the vac certificate to cover most of those, if needed at all. Haven't used it yet!

Your right.

My wife said that's for international travel.

Lost in communication somewhere along the line.

6 hours ago, Pib said:

Do they actually have to see airline tickets?   Did you provide such?

I expect many people would like the vaccine passport in preparation of foreign travel....before they have actually made air travel reservation.

Yes. They wanted to see some flightpaper, but no really checked them.

5 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

You cannot usually choose which vaccine is given in the UK. You can ask which one is available and if they will give you it but you cannot choose on a whim.

I'm sorry it is the case in the UK. In my country, I can choose the vaccine freely.

1 hour ago, snawa said:

What's the exact name of the Thai AstraZeneca? Does anyone have it exactly on a certificate?

The story only lists COVISHIELD and AstraZeneca Covishield, AstraZeneca Vaxzevria as AZ brands?

My Thai MoPH certificate only states "AstraZeneca", both for the manufacturer and the vaccine name. I too was worried that "acceptable vaccines" shows a variety of names such as:

Oxford/AstraZeneca (in UK), or

AstraZeneca / S K BioScience (in Hong Kong),

but in the case of the latter "AstraZeneca" is sufficient, according to the airline. This "simplified" nomenclature seems entirely sensible, and one that seems applicable at point of departure (BKK), which is where it is checked. If the airline effs it up here, they will then have to repatriate you at the destination; I'm not sure it is even checked at the destination. Certainly in the case of HKG it is not, because only fully vaccinated can enter, (and only those with HK ID).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CarlBkk said:

I have two doses of Sinopharm.  Ideally I'd like to travel to UK at Christmas without quarantine/multiple PCR tests but I can't see a solution.

A booster of Moderna is available, but it doesn't help.

Janssen isn't available in Thailand now.

If I start again with a double dose of Moderna with the 3 month interval it will be well into next year.

Have I missed something?

Register for pfizer with the  gov  app?

The rejection of Sputnik-V, Sinovac, and Sinopharm shows the West's utter contempt and hatred for China and Russia to the point where Geo-political posturing and one-upsmanship is more important than global public health. 
Then people ask - "Why are you hesitate? Why are you a skeptic?", and the answer becomes that there is so much duplicity and open deceit in this world that no "authority" can actually be believed. Information becomes misinformation, and disinformation becomes "The Truth."  All things are coached in political nationalism to the detriment of all.
I've lived too long and have seen too much.  What is one word to explain how I feel about all - this?  
In polite company - "Aghast!"

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Important.

As Rabbit said.

You will need to bring the paperwork, passport, copies of everything to a registered hospital and it takes about a week to get the passport.

.50 baht

You'll get a receipt to pick it up later.

Important as you'll need it to travel domestically,eat at restaurants, enter malls, etc.

The Mor Prom Vaccine Certificate (saved as screenshot in case of App or network problems just in case) or the A4 Certificate of vaccination from Medpark in my case - are perfectly fine for domestic flights. 

I flew Bangkok-Hat Yai on 23rd Sep and had to show my Certs of vaccination at check in.

Another colleague who wasn't vaccinated yet had followed their (Thai Smile) requirements which also allows if you have a Rapid ATK test within 24hrs that has been certified by a Doctor (i.e. you'll need to get it done at a hospital realistically).

It seems that qualifying as vaccinated requires 2x shots of the Chinese stuff.... but 1x of AZ is enough - but best to check with airline on that (i've had 2x AZ).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Unfortunately, more than 80% of the people in Thailand do not live within an area where such a certificate is available.

You can also get the yellow vaccination book from local health authorities in Thailand, but as far as I know there is a waiting time of 3-5 days.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Register for pfizer with the  gov  app?

Foreigners are forbidden to register for additional vaccines on Thai government sites if you already had two vaccines from them, even if they were Sinovac or Sinopharm and need a recommended booster? In meantime Thais are allowed to register for a single AZ booster for their two Sinovacs, but that also means quarantine for UK trips. There is no way to buy the UK required vaccines in Thailand so only option to travel would be quarantine on arrival after 11-Oct.

Edited by WorriedNoodle
  • Like 1