UK to accept proof of vaccination in Thailand for several major vaccine brands, including AstraZeneca

webfact

"Arrivals from 37 more destinations will have their vaccination status certificates recognised, meaning they can avoid more expensive post-arrival testing requirements.

Vaccinated travellers from Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Pakistan, South Africa and Turkey will be treated the same as returning fully-vaccinated UK residents so long as they have not visited a red-list country in the 10 days before arriving in England"

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stament said:

Sinovac not an approved medicine.....

Neither is Sinopharm.... Even if it was my "Vaccination Certificate" (That's a joke, it's a print out from the hospitals website so could easily be doctored) doesn't include my date of birth so no doubt wouldn't be valid ???? 

Anybody know where I can go & get re-vaccinated at a place that not only has a vaccine that is acceptable for travel to the UK but will also issue a proper vaccine certificate?

Failing that, if I were to return to the UK does anybody know how quickly I could get fully vaccinated there before returning to Thailand?  

Edit: Still great news though & real progress in opening up being able to travel between Thailand & UK ???? 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 2

I wonder if they’ll accept the electronic certificate on the Mor Phrom app. It’s in English (and Thai) and contains all the information they require. My paper certificate from the hospital is printed in black and white and could easily be forged. I guess maybe will have to get a yellow  ‘vaccine passport’. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Neither is Sinopharm.... Even if it was my "Vaccination Certificate" (That's a joke, it's a print out from the hospitals website so could easily be doctored) doesn't include my date of birth so no doubt wouldn't be valid ???? 

Anybody know where I can go & get re-vaccinated at a place that not only has a vaccine that is acceptable for travel to the UK but will also issue a proper vaccine certificate?

Failing that, if I were to return to the UK does anybody know how quickly I could get fully vaccinated there before returning to Thailand?  

Edit: Still great news though & real progress in opening up being able to travel between Thailand & UK ???? 

mine includes  all the things the Uk asks  for from the hospitsal at Sam Roi  Yot

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Vaccine certificates only

If you use a vaccine certificate as proof, it must be issued by a national or state-level public health authority, be in English, French or Spanish, and include as a minimum:

• your forename and surname(s)
  • your date of birth
  • vaccine brand and manufacturer
  • date of vaccination for every dose
  • country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer

Does anyone reckon a private hospital in Bangkok, where I hope to get my Moderna shots, qualifies as a "national or state-level public health authority"? Doesn't sound like to me. Those words denote a State entity must give the certificate, not the hospital.

• Like 1

Just now, sharecropper said:

Does anyone reckon a private hospital in Bangkok, where I hope to get my Moderna shots, qualifies as a "national or state-level public health authority"? Doesn't sound like to me. Those words denote a State entity must give the certificate, not the hospital.

well you should be able to get the yellow  vaccination  book after having that done

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

My paper certificate from the hospital is printed in black and white and could easily be forged. I guess maybe will have to get a yellow  ‘vaccine passport’. 

I am wondering about this as well, the paper certificate we were given meets all the requirements and therefore should, theoretically, be accepted. 

Have you seen the USA one it's even easier to forge, and thats accepted.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I am wondering about this as well, the paper certificate we were given meets all the requirements and therefore should, theoretically, be accepted. 

Have you seen the USA one it's even easier to forge, and thats accepted.

I haven’t seen the US version, but I think I’ll get a ‘Vaccine Passport’ anyway, just for peace of mind. 

• Like 1