Thailand removed from the UK “red list”, list reduced to only seven countries

webfact

5 hours ago, henry213 said:

I'm a Brit staying in the US at the moment and it is so free here love it! I drove a few month's back from here FL to Las vegas staying in many hotels there and back with no probs eating and DRINKING (alcohol) where ever i choose, No masks no BS just free!!! will Thailand get it right? doubt it...................

Oh yeah, land of the free, no masks, you can do whatever you please, spread Covid to however many people you like.  Only 700k cases and 12,000 deaths in the last week.  Nearly a quarter of a million deaths in total.  But at lease no "mask BS" hey?   Yep, brilliant job - go USA!!   

I think Thailand handled it far better.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

How does testing help control Covid?

All part of a developed countries defence against covid. Tells where the virus is in the population.

Can increase vaccination rates in these areas.

UK also leads on genome sequencing to help the world guard against new variants.

However, i understand these concepts may be foreign to you living in Thailand.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

So no quarantine going home but the hurdles to get here still remain... including quaarantine

shame Thailand can't start dropping them, but then the SHA revenue would be lost.

Peanuts compared to the revenue from Tourism!!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ThailandGuy said:

Hahaha UK has 36.000+ covid infections a day. I wonder if the Thay will allow them to visit Thailand.

Don't worry, no one wants to come.

Everything is still shut and only 30% of Thailand's population is fully vaccinated.

UK is 80% plus fully vaccinated and totally open.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thaiophil said:

About time too

Now over to you Prayut. Time to drop the quarantine and the bureaucratic obstacle course (CoE etc) here. But this will be resisted by hoteliers in Bkk and Pkt who get guaranteed income from quarantine

yes.. otherwise the only benefit is not having to quarantine in UK but as far as getting here same same no change 

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Oh yeah, land of the free, no masks, you can do whatever you please, spread Covid to however many people you like.  Only 700k cases and 12,000 deaths in the last week.  Nearly a quarter of a million deaths in total.  But at lease no "mask BS" hey?   Yep, brilliant job - go USA!!   

I think Thailand handled it far better.

I meant three quarters of a million deaths, but too late to edit.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, henry213 said:

I'm a Brit staying in the US at the moment and it is so free here love it! I drove a few month's back from here FL to Las vegas staying in many hotels there and back with no probs eating and DRINKING (alcohol) where ever i choose, No masks no BS just free!!! will Thailand get it right? doubt it...................

Sounds just perfect. Tell us about daily infection rates, hospitalizations and deaths..... or have they all stopped now too?

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Good, it will get rid of those who have been living here for the last year without meeting the old requirements, like having enough money to live. 

How does the requirement to keep 400k/ 800k baht effectively locked away help an individual with their daily living expenses?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cherrytreeview said:

UK government funded the AZ vaccine that will help save third world countries (Thailand).

UK government donated said vaccine to Thailand and other third world countries FOC.

UK government helped their citizens and businesses through the pandemic. Now the economy and restrictions have been lifted, these businesses are resuming trading and paying wages and taxes.

This has kept unemployment levels low.

Buoyant housing market (for those of us who still own properties in the UK) recording capital increases of 10% a year.

What has Thailand done for the world or it's citizens during the pandemic?

I was talking about the US so not sure why you are comparing things to the UK.  Anyway another one who gets a kick out of calling Thailand a third world country?  

The UK government made an absolute pigs ear of handling the pandemic which gave it one of the worst infection and death rates in the world.  It tore through the country and the government did nothing, allowing people to come in without tests or checks for over a year after the pandemic started ripping through the country.  Appalling mis-management that cost well over 100,000 lives.  Thailand did much better closing borders, locking down and encouraging / enforcing mask wearing.  For the best part of a year we were pretty normal here until the Delta variant came.  Anyway Thailand was, and still is, safer.

The UK did do well on vaccine roll out.  

The UK did not donate vaccines - they sold them.  A donation is free.  They just sold them without profit and called it a donation.  That is not a donation.

But yeah, the UK is a glorious first world nation with streets paved with gold and everyone having a great old time, keep believing!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Where is the source for this?

The UK Govt website in the second post in this thread...if you bothered to look!

Which, by the way, is the ONLY reliable source - forget newspapers, broadcast media, Foolbook, Twatter etc!

Edited by VBF
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Sounds just perfect. Tell us about daily infection rates, hospitalizations and deaths..... or have they all stopped now too?

They have not stopped, but the US has decided to move on and has started to regain a sense of normalcy. Yes the hospitals are busy as my Surgical Nurse Practitioner daughter can attest to with many being those whom are unvaccinated.  Sure deaths are occurring, but in fewer numbers then before the vaccinations, and the daily infection cases were 102k yesterday, of which many are probably asymptomatic.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Cases for the 7 day average have dropped 12% and the 7 day average for deaths has dropped 13% with an average of 32 deaths per million during the past 7 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Where is the source for this?

From the article in the OP.  So you can read it I will paste part of it for you here to help out.

"Thailand, a previous country on the list, has been REMOVED, despite rumors earlier in the day (which TPN media did NOT report on) that it wasn’t being removed. This means visitors from the UK can now travel to Thailand without a mandatory quarantine upon return, only having to take a Covid-19 test on the day after their arrival back into the country.

Only seven countries will remain on the UK red list from a previous list of 54.

The seven countries that will remain on the red list are Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Panama, Dominican Republic, Haiti, and Venezuela.

This will be effective from Monday, October 11th, 2021, according to the UK government."

4 minutes ago, VBF said:

The UK Govt website in the second post in this thread...if you bothered to look!

Which, by the way, is the ONLY reliable source - forget newspapers, broadcast media, Foolbook, Twatter etc!

I have looked. I started a similar thread last night but There is NO confirmation that AZ administered in Thailand will be accepted in the UK nor is the administration of evidence of having received a vaccination been outlined..Instead of trying to be clever why not provide a link?