Almost 100 global platforms ready to pay e-tax

snoop1130

mail-packaes-Thailand-e-service-VAT_web.png

(Photo by Claudio Schwarz)

Amid a sharp decline in tax collections due to COVID-19, Thailand’s newly levied e-service tax has emerged as a welcome source of revenue for the exchequer.

The 7 percent value-added tax on non-resident electronic platforms selling services to customers in Thailand came into effect on September 1.

Some 90 platforms, including Facebook, Netflix, Tencent, Alibaba, Agoda, and Airbnb have already registered with the Revenue Department.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/almost-100-global-platforms-ready-to-pay-e-tax/

Logo-top-.png

also sales taxes are double taxes. Its a tax on the consumer, where you have already paid tax on your hard earned money. it also disproportionally affects low income households as the flat % tax is a lot more to them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

They always have their hand in the till.

Thankfully the sellers will find ways around this money grab.

I find online shopping to be much cheaper and convenient.

I don't think its fair that just two families own 7/11, Makro, Big C, and Tesco.

No competition.

In other countries they call that a monopoly. 

8 hours ago, Metapod said:

No. taxation is theft.

Do you think the government does a good job spending tax money? 

you have to be a serious boot licker to think an additional tax is great.

I did not say additional. I said people should pay taxes.
"Taxation is theft".  Shall we start with the paying for building of roads, maintenance, bridges, irrigation first. We can then move onto education, defense, other public services. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bkk_bwana said:

"Taxation is theft".  Shall we start with the paying for building of roads, maintenance, bridges, irrigation first. We can then move onto education, defense, other public services. 

But it is an additional tax. Before it did not exist and consumers did not pay it, govt decided to implement this e-tax and now it will be recovered by companies from consumers.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Metapod said:

also sales taxes are double taxes. Its a tax on the consumer, where you have already paid tax on your hard earned money. it also disproportionally affects low income households as the flat % tax is a lot more to them.

Money are taxed when they change hand - otherwise you should not be taxed of income, as that money has already been taxed before you got them - so when you buy something, your money moves into somebody else's hand, and is thereby taxed...????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, clokwise said:

Agreed, but let's not kid ourselves, it's us, their customers, who will be paying that 7% tax.

If some "cyber tax heaven"-sellers have been selling to almost same price as those paying 7 percent v.a.t. - the benefit of having a higher profit when selling online without paying tax - then it's actually the seller that will pay most of the tax, because they cannot raise the price and sell their items, if they are too expensive compared to same items from other outlets that paid their taxes...????

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bkk_bwana said:

you think the private market can't build a road?

Education? What schooling system do you think is better? public or private?

boot licker gonna lick

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, clokwise said:

Agreed, but let's not kid ourselves, it's us, their customers, who will be paying that 7% tax.

Yep. Booking.com have already informed the hotels registered with them that they will be collecting an additional 7% on the collectable commission amount.

13 hours ago, Metapod said:

you think the private market can't build a road?

Education? What schooling system do you think is better? public or private?

boot licker gonna lick

Toll roads and bridges - No thankyou. Have enough already.

Private education? How many can afford it? Or perhaps you prefer an illiterate servile peasantry .

• Like 2