Certified Copy Of Passport

We are in BK. Today went to to the place where all documents are certified.. Department of Consular affairs..on Chang Wattana Road..as wanted copies of our passports certifying...did my wifes for 200Baht but wouldn't do mine.

Where can I get mine done other than the BE who charge a lot...we live near Ngam Wong Wan Mall

Appreciate any suggestions.............thanks

We are in BK. Today went to to the place where all documents are certified.. Department of Consular affairs..on Chang Wattana Road..as wanted copies of our passports certifying...did my wifes for 200Baht but wouldn't do mine.

Where can I get mine done other than the BE who charge a lot...we live near Ngam Wong Wan Mall

I have certified copies of my passport there for years. Any reason for why they couldn't do yours?

Any law shop will do it, probably about Bt 500.

Naka.

Law shop...??? If this is SO TRUE, then I must have spent more than 20,000 baht in transportation costs having to go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs everytime I need to certify a document - to send outside the country.

Please clarify what you mean by Law shop....

I have certified copies of my passport there for years. Any reason for why they couldn't do yours?

My wife was told both at the place where you initially say what you have come for (3rd floor) and at the counter when she was getting hers done. Same answer could only do a UK passport if it sheet of paper that I supplied with the copy had a BE stamp on first. Think BE will charge for stamping the paper so might as well go there and pay the what ever is the outrageous sum.

...wanted copies of our passports certifying...

Where can I get mine done other than the BE who charge a lot....

I don’t know who or what the BE is, but this post may interest you: a legal firm providing notarial services, including certifying copies of documents such as passports, for 350 Baht plus 7% VAT. See if this compares favourably to the fee of your BE.

--------------

Maestro

I don’t know who or what the BE is, but this post may interest you: a legal firm providing notarial services, including certifying copies of documents such as passports, for 350 Baht plus 7% VAT. See if this compares favourably to the fee of your BE.

BE = British Embassy :o

350 Baht +50% VAT would be excellent value compared with any service provided by our illustrious government representatives.

Edited by Crossy

...wanted copies of our passports certifying...

Where can I get mine done other than the BE who charge a lot....

--------------

Maestro

Thanks BE is British Embassy..I e-mailed Sunbelt a couple of days ago asking if they could certify my passport...not had a reply yet... but guess will phone then Monday morning

Naka.

Law shop...??? If this is SO TRUE, then I must have spent more than 20,000 baht in transportation costs having to go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs everytime I need to certify a document - to send outside the country.

I often need to get a certified photocopy of my passport for banking/investing 'Proof of Identity'.

I go to a local lawyers office where they photocopy, certify ( I declare, bla, bla ) and place their company stamp.

Average Bt 500.

Naka.

Edited by naka

Naka.

I often need to get a certified photocopy of my passport for banking/investing 'Proof of Identity'.

I go to a local lawyers office where they photocopy, certify ( I declare, bla, bla ) and place their company stamp.

Average Bt 500.

Naka.

It all depends on what the documents are being used for. But thanks for the info anyway.

Exactly the same as naka for simple banking issues.. Popped into local lawyer and they arranged for a notary the next day.. 600 baht..

I since discovered that it was acceptable for a policce office to certify it was a true and original copy and the local cop shop did a couple.. Easy and caused them amusement as they didnt know what they hel_l they were signing but all smiles..

Exactly the same as naka for simple banking issues.. Popped into local lawyer and they arranged for a notary the next day.. 600 baht..

I since discovered that it was acceptable for a policce office to certify it was a true and original copy and the local cop shop did a couple.. Easy and caused them amusement as they didnt know what they hel_l they were signing but all smiles..

So the Thai Police can certify docs, address and passport for the purpose of new / renewal of Thai DL? Gonna check with me local cop shop and see if they can provide this service. :o The cert fee at the embassy is more expensive than the 5 year DL. Just there today and the prices are going up on all services.

:D

No idea as I didnt use any of them for a Thai DL.. Just got my proof of address form from immigration, took origional passport etc with me to the gov office..

For the passport copy for bankers.. I did think the whole thing comical as they clearly didnt have a clue but signed away happily.. Then again anyone could have signed on that paper and no one could have proven otherwise.. But really it seemed it was a tickbox on a form that my bankers seemed to want so that was it.

Naka.

Average Bt 500.

Naka.

Sunbelt Asia did the certifying for me at Fortune Tower...I went without an appointment and including waiting to see a guy called Andy took less than 30 mins...cost 350 Baht + Tax..very pleased..can highly recommend. Just took my passport..didn't need to sign anything