Non O-A Visa mandatory proof of rental contract or ownership demanded by Frankfurt embassy for 12 months

I am hoping for some ideas how to get a proof of rental contract for my OA Visa application.

Believe it or not Frankfurt embassy in Germany is demanding a hotel booking or rental contract for the whole 12 month period in advance (also for Non O visa). It is not stated explicitly on the embassy website but they asked for it and visa agencies list it as a requirement as they know F embassy will ask for it. F embassy is currently the only one in Germany providing postal service for visas (other embassies are 500Km away) .

FYI I have been declined a NON O-A Visa in Mid 2019 for a lack of 12 month rental contract. Nota bene no service is giving currrently at the embassy as they dont answer emails or phones, just in case someone comes up with the idea I should call the embassy.

Questions:

Is the same proof demanded somewhere else in the world at other embassies?

Any recommendation on how to get a "throw away" rental contract or one I could use for a month and then move on? Most hotels or booking sites dont allow a 12 month booking.

Anyone using Interactive Brokers statement to show the funds? What was accepted?

Thanks!

That is a way over the top requirement and it is not shown on any other embassy or official consulate website.

The embassy in Berlin does not mention it as a requirement.

http://german.thaiembassy.de/visaarten-und-erforderliche-unterlagen#oa_rentner

Maybe if you contacted them about it the could talk to the official consulate in Frankfurt (is not a embassy) about it.

Contact info for the embassy is here.

http://german.thaiembassy.de/berlin/koniglich-thailandische-botschaft

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is a truly ridiculous requirement. Do they demand a five-year hotel reservation if you apply for an O-X visa? The fact that you can stay up to a year when entering with a Non O-A visa does not in any way imply that you would intend to do so, or that such a long stay is a mandatory condition of receiving the visa. Is there any good reason for not, instead, entering as a tourist and converting to a Non O after arrival in Thailand?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2021 at 1:13 PM, ubonjoe said:

That is a way over the top requirement and it is not shown on any other embassy or official consulate website.

The embassy in Berlin does not mention it as a requirement.

http://german.thaiembassy.de/visaarten-und-erforderliche-unterlagen#oa_rentner

Maybe if you contacted them about it the could talk to the official consulate in Frankfurt (is not a embassy) about it.

Contact info for the embassy is here.

http://german.thaiembassy.de/berlin/koniglich-thailandische-botschaft

Thanks for all posts here! It is correct that Berlin has never and is not demanding the rental contract, it was only Frankfurt consulate. Unfurtunately Frankfurt is the only possibilty to mail in your passport in Germany. Currently rental contract is no longer necessary, according to the Frankfurt webpage (was on the webpage before). I was told by a visa agent that Frankfurt dropped the rental contract requirement 3 weeks ago. I will see if they still demand it when I apply in the coming weeks. They have on their webpage that the embassy can demand additional documents to the required ones. I will book a 45 day Hotel stay to be as safe as possible.

This absurd requirement would be impossible if an applicant had never been to Thailand?  Very few hotels anywhere in the world(even in Thailand) rent out a room for 12 months.  As a matter of fact I might just go on Agoda or Expedia and see if a one year booking is even possible.  So far the Los Angeles Consulate has never asked for something like this.  At least not yet?