Thailand Nov 1 reopening to go ahead providing COVID-19 situation remains stable

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, pagallim said:

An example of some of the SHA+ accommodation available under the Phuket Sandbox.   Might be of interest to those budget conscious.

B fricking S, I went to the web page and 800 THB / night X .07 VAT , no breakfast: 1 Nov-Mar 31.

I think that the root of all problems is not only the corruption of the authorities, but also the misconception of all Thai citizens about their country as the center of the world. I am a bachelor and have many Thai girls with whom I have friendly (and more intimate) relationships. All all Thai girls like to ask: for how many days I have arrived. However, not a single Thai girl asked me if I would return to Thailand AGAIN. But they all ask: how soon will I be back to Thailand NEXT TIME? Those, they do not even have the idea that there are many other countries on our planet and I can go somewhere other than Thailand.
Probably, the authorities have the same concept and they imagine that millions of people are ready to return as soon as possible and no one will be stopped by their stupid COE and quarantine. I am almost sure that in November there will be another failure in the plans and only this will make the Thai authorities think and go for another liberalization for tourists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

and then a surprise to your plans .. in a last minute a government so called ''expert'' will announce a change due to whatever  and bcs and you must do 2 week quarantine a a hotel so and so.... another scamming opportunity     

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Farangus said:

there are many other countries on our planet and I can go somewhere other than Thailand.

Then go, but

21 minutes ago, Farangus said:

I am a bachelor and have many Thai girls with whom I have friendly (and more intimate) relationships.

You probably will not have this..

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, bolt said:

I believe that by November 1st or 15th, the 5 other Sandboxes will be ready, BUT it’s not announced or Royal Gazetted yet

So my plan is wait until November, for the NEW 5 sandboxes are announced, and then enter via that route, I’ve already done Sandbox in Phuket and even though 14 days was too long, 7 days will be fine as long as we’re allowed out using same principle as Phuket sandbox.

The areas are

1. Bangkok,

2. Chiang Mai (Muang. Mae Rim, Mae Taeng and Doi Tao districts),

3. Prachuap Khiri Khan (Hua Hin district),

4. Phetchaburi (Cha-am district) and

5.Chon Buri (Pattaya, Bang Lamung and Sattahip districts), government spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana said on Saturday. 

Edited just now by bolt

So, on the 15th November, in Chiang Mai, I can leave my AQ Hotel at 7am, and go anywhere I want in Chiang Mai and return at midnight?

...or Prachuap, or Cha-am, or Bangkok?

This is all I'm trying to figure out.

In which case, what is the purpose of the AQ?

1 hour ago, 10baht said:

B fricking S, I went to the web page and 800 THB / night X .07 VAT , no breakfast: 1 Nov-Mar 31.

If anyone was interested, I would email them as yes, the Sandbox rate isn't mentioned in their website.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Following the reopening, the government expects to earn 1.5 trillion baht from tourism in 2022, Mr Thanakorn said. 

Straight into the money cloud....

• Haha 1

For now, as a practical matter, this announcement means nada.

To obtain a COE (I am in process)………Thai embassies have no new guidance from Bangkok ….7 day ASQ booking or Sandbox approach still REQUIRED for permission to “plan” for Thailand arrival in early November.  TIT

39 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

And don't count on the Chinese to save the high season.  Has anyone looked at flights out of Beijing or Shanghai lately?  I only found Cathay pacific with an 8hr flight Shanghai to BKK, all the rest were like 30+ hrs and about $2,000 USD round trip.  Last stories I read are the population is trying to at least get their college age kids out before the door really closes.  The Chinese gov is not renewing passports, closed down Crypto-currency (easy to move money out of the country), recently instituted a data handling law that is actually way more than just saying how a company handles data and can be used retroactively, and upping it's nationalistic social conditioning.  All signs of closing out the rest of the world and keeping the citizens in the dark and indoctrinated.

Yep. I commented on another article. My daughter teaches English to Chinese kids online. The companies that that provide this service, are now having to shut down. Chinese don't want any more foreign influence, and are prohibiting foreign teachers. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bolt said:

Lots of choices on AGODA Quarantine, I’m guessing the new AQ package includes the mandatory PCR tests (day 1 & day 6)

The PCR test cost approx. 2500-3,000 each, maybe less now.

Bangkok Quarantine AQ 7 day

NOVOTEL 7,800

Pattaya Quarantine AQ 7 day Still not showing up yet

Make sure its Quarantine package DON”T PAY unless your 1,000,000% sure you have everything sorted

Thank you very much, I'll check it out.

11 hours ago, alex8912 said:

So if a "cluster" appears 10/30 or 10/31 then no opening 11/1?!!  That is exactly what the article says. Who the $&@" would book a ticket?

Opening criteria should be WHO guideline ie. less than 5% positive in wide scale random testing means covid is under control. Singapore currently 1.2% Malaysia 4% Viet 7% , Thailand 26%. Reach your own conclusions. 

7 hours ago, bolt said:

Sorry COE is Permission to enter, nothing to do with quarantine

you need an COE to enter Phuket sandbox.

COE will remain

COE was created to verify that people entering Thailand weren't a threat by bringing in covid.

The method was quarantine and covid insurance.

Once you remove these requirements, you will have removed the COE.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fujionrye said:

What does reopen mean?

Hotel booking req will be dropped. Only simple COE required showing you have some insurance + vaccine. Still test before flying and one on arrival. Unclear if also a test after 1w.

14 hours ago, smedly said:

and will you still come here if entertainment/bars are shut and a curfew is running at 10pm and 90% of the city is closed (Pattaya) and you have to stay in a 4+ star hotel at 3000 plus baht per night and must take 3 PCR tests at 3000baht each and if you test positive be force quarantined at your own expense for at least 14 days - seriously are you mad

They might be saying / claiming Thailand is open meaning you can come here after agreeing and paying but Thailand is far from open when you get here - it is shut and shuttered with a state of emergency still in place and Covid still spreading throughout the country

What we need from TAT is precise clarity as to what ' Open ' actually means. Instead its just more fantasy numbers which help absolutely nobody .

13 hours ago, chilli42 said:

Oh come on.  Enough of the hysterics and alarmist reactions.  

Those figures are not in the least alarmist , if anything they are conservative compared with a fully open UK which has a similar population size.

Infections mean little in themselves , hospitalisations and deaths are key.

Unfortunately for Thailand it is still some months away from the requisite level of vaccination that allows total reopening.

November will be nothing more than another fudge , tourist friendly conditions next spring maybe.