Thailand Nov 1 reopening to go ahead providing COVID-19 situation remains stable

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

From what I hear in the Phuket sandbox people are able to get a beer....and the quarantine is not required, just you have to stay in the location.  A person who does not drink, like a Muslim, would not care about a beer or a whine...oops, sorry wine. 

What's all this foot stomping for.....?

Like I said, I'm sure this regime will be happy with your support.

45 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Why would anyone jump through any amount of tedious time consuming administration hoops, queue at airports for up to 5 hours, risk being hospitalised for failing a test, then be "controlled" for 7 days at their destination and still have the possibility that all entertainment venues be shutdown again overnight.

That's what you call getting on with your life and a stress free "holiday".

I'll get on with my life OK and give it a miss thanks.

yes you are right, and the world could close tonight. so better you go out NOW and buy 200 rolls of toilet roll just in case 

then you can go back to your life.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Pjeffries said:

its a case-demic not a pandemic.. stop the unreliable pcr testing ( what cycle threshold is thailand using btw) and the problem goes away. Those dying,  is it from covid ? or testing positive with covid and dying of other factors - this is happening here in the uk, its labelled a covid death even if you die in a car crash within 28 days of a positive covid test. Scores here in the UK test positive, no symptoms , no viral load can be passed to others - even W.H.O and fauci said asymptomatic do not drive pandemics. 

i  know a teacher who was off 6 weeks because her weekly tests kept coming back positive to the point the college contacted a government department and they said to ignore the test results, she can go back.....

time to stop the theartre and get back to normal.

Your post is filled with disinformation that has been debunked thoroughly. 

PCR Tests are extremely accurate. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bolt said:

yes you are right, and the world could close tonight. so better you go out NOW and buy 200 rolls of toilet roll just in case 

then you can go back to your life.

What?

Your talking in riddles.

If you want to go to Thailand, then off you go.

Don't try and patronise the rest of us.

We love guinea pigs like you.

You create the headlines that we'll be laughing at for months to come.

"Regional governor orders immediate ban on alcohol and all bars to shut due to Covid spike."

The sooner you go, the sooner the headlines.

????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think the government has a choice.

The people with all the money and hotels have got him on a short leash.

Hope its a massive fail.

I'm enjoying the great rates and secluded beaches.

Nice to see the junta squirm around also. 

Blaming everyone but themselves for the coming 4th wave.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

What?

Your talking in riddles.

If you want to go to Thailand, then off you go.

Don't try and patronise the rest of us.

We love guinea pigs like you.

You create the headlines that we'll be laughing at for months to come.

"Regional governor orders immediate ban on alcohol and all bars to shut due to Covid spike."

The sooner you go, the sooner the headlines.

????

You said “why go as that all entertainment venues be shutdown again overnight

I said go, enjoy your life if you want to live then live.

Normal things now, were perceived as hoops long ago, now we accept them as normal things.

You need to move on and accept life is dynamic and changeable.

Don’t think only Thailand has entry requirements, I’m NOT in Thailand right now and our entry requirements went from, BANNED international arrivals to 20 days quarantine to 10 days quarantine to 6 days quarantine wearing a tacking watch to ZERO days quarantine.

ALL arrivals still need a negative test before flying and they have to do a PCR test at airport upon arrival

It’s the normal for now, and will change later for SURE

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bolt said:

You said “why go as that all entertainment venues be shutdown again overnight

I said go, enjoy your life if you want to live then live.

Normal things now, were perceived as hoops long ago, now we accept them as normal things.

You need to move on and accept life is dynamic and changeable.

Don’t think only Thailand has entry requirements, I’m NOT in Thailand right now and our entry requirements went from, BANNED international arrivals to 20 days quarantine to 10 days quarantine to 6 days quarantine wearing a tacking watch to ZERO days quarantine.

ALL arrivals still need a negative test before flying and they have to do a PCR test at airport upon arrival

It’s the normal for now, and will change later for SURE

I don't have to think of anything as "normal".

Certainly not from somebody lecturing me on an internet forum 

Go to Thailand and let the circus begin.

Au revoir.

57 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

I don't have to think of anything as "normal".

Agreed about you thinking anything is normal is abnormal in your mind.

that’s why you think everything is abnormal unless you say its normal ????

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CLW said:

COE in the current form and alcohol ban in place = no real tourist will come.

Say goodbye to another high season....

next meeting is this friday 15th, after that changes will be announced

6 hours ago, Billybaroo said:

I believe reopening after November 1st in the designated districts (eg. Bangkok) is WITHOUT quarantine. 

Yes, in the same way Phuket / other 'sandbox' schemes are without quarantine.........so stay within designated districts within one of 9 citiies on arrival. After your 7 days of 'no quarantine' you can onward travel within Thailand if you didn't fail the 2 covid tests.

Pre travel, CoE, SHA+, Insurance, PCR test still required.

So No Quarantine v. Quarantine difference is you can either go to an island WITHOUT quarantine or go to a district or two within 9 cities and roam within designated areas only staying in approved hotels only and a dialy check-in / 2 covid tests.

Still a lot of paperwork and hassle but better than being stuck in a hotel room for 14 now 7 days.

Will this attract tourists on masse? Depends how 'open' the designated areas are and whether bars / restaurants are allowed to sell alcohol. If not, you will see similar numbers to Phuket.

15 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

also do u have a map for the orgies?  asking for a friend!

It is all over thailand. every bar is a front for finding brides or seeking origies. Though all girls are looking for future grooms after a night of orgy, only 20% succeed as every thing in life 80/20. If you have not figured it out yet, you're stay in Thailand is in vain. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Thai PM is addressing the nation at 8.30pm tonight.

Good news. For citizens from several countries:

Thailand from November 1 opens its borders to vaccinated tourists from 10 countries with the lowest risk of infection with COVID-19. Foreigners arriving in the country are exempted from compulsory quarantine. This was announced by the Prime Minister of Thailand, General Prayut Chan-Ocha.

At the same time, tourists will still have to do one PCR test before flying to Thailand, and another one upon arrival. Such travelers will be able to go on vacation anywhere in the kingdom.

According to the prime minister, the list will include at least 10 countries, including Great Britain, Germany, Singapore, China and the United States. He did not name the rest of the countries. The list will be formed by November 1, then it is planned to expand it from December 1 and January 1.

Edited by Farangus

8 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

It is all over thailand. every bar is a front for finding brides or seeking origies. Though all girls are looking for future grooms after a night of orgy, only 20% succeed as every thing in life 80/20. If you have not figured it out yet, you're stay in Thailand is in vain. 

(orders a case of condoms online......and vitamins)

18 hours ago, skorp13 said:

So when i arrive back i can go home and spend time with my wife and kid in my own home. We can hang out and all good so long as i sleep somewhere else??? Can anyone provide any logic behind that other than hotel revenue? LOL

Yeah... T.I.T. - where logic makes no sense at all.

17 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I don't think the government has a choice.

The people with all the money and hotels have got him on a short leash.

Hope its a massive fail.

I'm enjoying the great rates and secluded beaches.

Nice to see the junta squirm around also. 

Blaming everyone but themselves for the coming 4th wave.

You seem to be the only foreigner who seems to understand what is really going on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

You forgot to mention Covid insurance required for all those vaccinated already. Can someone please explain why?

Perhaps they fear very expensive hospital stays from tourists, who mostly previously arrived minus any or sufficient coverage, and were crying from their hospital beds after taking a tumble off a bike they rode drunk. 

Another possibility is the Thai insurance companies are raking it in and don't want to lose this source of hog-tied customer. 

6 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

And yet ZERO word about current conditions to enter-COE-Ins-SHA-etc.... 

Fool me once thailand....shame on you..fool me 1000x

current conditions and rules to enter are already published, maybe you're hoping for them to CHANGE Today, but next round of changes will happen, Nov 1st or Nov 15th.

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2021 at 9:54 AM, jaiyen said:

But they forget that to get tourists in there have to be planes flying to make it happen ! Not many airlines flying right now or for a long time into the future

Again another uninformed answer from isolated Australia. Not many planes flying in Australia, but in the rest of the world there are many many options to fly to Thailand. Most arlines flying in and out of Thailand. BA no, EVA no and Thai limited but there are Emirates, Qatar, Etihad, KLM, Lufthansa, Finnair, Swiss, Austrian, Turkish to name a few. All operating normal schedules.