Thailand to end quarantine for some vaccinated visitors from Nov - PM

webfact

42 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

So I guess Thailand’s system would be based on the same logic, but I don’t know for sure.

That will probably be correct.  In March 2020 I travelled to Vietnam from Thailand and I was asked the same questions on departure at both ends - have you been in China or Italy in the last 10 days? Nothing's guaranteed with this lot in control though - hopefully the details will be released before 1 November.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

"Last night, the prime minister addressed the nation saying he will “consider” opening the country to vaccinated tourists from low-risk countries from 1st November, and re-open bars and pubs from 1st December."

Read the full official translation here: https://www.thainewsreports.com/2021/10/11/national-address-of-the-prime-minister-of-thailand-on-monday-11-october-2021/

It's even made the BBC news...I especially like this part 

"Mr Prayuth said Thailand would also allow entertainment venues to reopen on 1 December and permit alcohol sales"

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiLGh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LmJiYy5jb20vbmV3cy93b3JsZC1hc2lhLTU4ODM4MTg50gEwaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmJjLmNvbS9uZXdzL3dvcmxkLWFzaWEtNTg4MzgxODkuYW1w?hl=en-AU&gl=AU&ceid=AU%3Aen

Me think that the all what the PM had in his mind is not the most vaxed countries but where the most tourists will likely to come from as some of the countries he cited are still deep in the grip of the Corona..

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, smudger1951 said:

Its right there, Prayut has asked the Ministry of Public Health to consider opening on 1st November. 

Yes, that should be the title of the thread, and the announcement.

Otherwise its just more of the same rubbish, may happen, yet to be approved etc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bubba said:

So does this mean there will only be a requirement to show negative tests and COVID vaccination, with the COE process being dropped?

I'd be very surprised if the requirement for a Thai covid insurance policy went away.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I actually have insurance with Blue Cross, Blue Shield that covers me in Thailand, and my CoE was initially rejected because the Letter I had did not say "$100 k coverage" I shot back to them, "It says Unlimited coverage, surely Unlimited is better than $100K

They finally relented, but the COE was not a pleasant experience though it was not very difficult. But difficult enough to discourage casual tourists 

I also feel bad for all these people working at the embassies. They must be working their ass off with all these requests, and trying to keep up with all the daily changes. 

They seem to want everyone to buy the Thai covid insurance policies.

Edited by nkg
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

"I know this decision comes with some risk. It is almost certain that we will see a temporary rise in serious cases as we relax these restrictions," Prayuth said.

The risk is fully vaccinated tourists mingling with part-vaccinated locals.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand also plans to allow resumption of alcohol sales at restaurants and to reopen entertainment venues by Dec. 1,

Do it now... you say the millions who cannot afford to miss another season will suffer if you don't allow entertainment venues to open.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

To the best of my knowledge China is still closed to entry by non-Chinese and mandates a 21 day quarantine for all upon entry.  How will Chinese tourists return home?

China is unlikely to open up until after the Beijing Winter Olympics have finished in late February; there is too much face to be lost in having to cancel/postpone.

A little to early to be drinking Animal , isn't it 

They would be able to return by not being "Non Chinese":tongue:

1 minute ago, mjakob007 said:

If China qualified, wonder why Australia did not make the list.

Both countries may not be letting their citizens leave homeland for at least another 9 months

Depends which post you read, Australia is on one of the lists.

• Like 1