Thailand to end quarantine for some vaccinated visitors from Nov - PM

webfact

49 minutes ago, DPKANKAN said:

"and to reopen entertainment venues by Dec. 1, Prayuth said, adding that the country will have more than '170 doses' of vaccine by the end of the year".

for once they are nearer theit count of vaccines!! Or is it a typo???? ????????????????????????????????

I read that the first time as well, but it has now been changed to 170 million. Maybe a nut in charge was doing the editing.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, wordchild said:

I agree that allowing in fully vaccinated travelers is likely very low risk, and there should be the minimal bureaucracy to facilitate this. Many people need to travel for reasons other than tourism eg family visits and business travel.

Opening up entertainment (and bars!) while the schools are still not fully open is just barmy. Get the bulk of the population (incl older kids) vaccinated, then fully open schools and universities, then wait to see what happens with case levels and healthcare capacity.

Only when the situation seems to be under reasonable control should they consider opening the nightlife. It would be just plain wrong to make kids suffer again because of a push by interest groups to open up the nightlife. 

I agree that there are tourists and non tourist visitors to Thailand and a good enough reason to separate their entry requirements . Many countries are relaxing travel restrictions having had over 50% of population vaccinated and if travellers must have had 2 jabs and a pcr test prior to flying , that in itself should suffice flying needs . The cons are there are fake vaccine certs on the web . The fake certs are difficult to spot .

Mr PCC is taking a big risk opening the night scene and it reeks of desperation . Why ? because 20% of the countries gdp comes from tourism and a similar % of the population derive their income from it . If it all goes xxts up because of further virus outbreaks it is game over for him and a lot of starving, tourist dependent, Thai folk . For me he should delay relaxing restrictions until such times 70% plus of the Thai population have been double jabbed with a WHO recognised vaccine . Open up free food kitchens and give government financial help  in family finances till such times the country can return to some sort of normality .

• Like 1

Yesterday he said:- "No DRINKING, no parties, and no gambling"

Today he says:- "Thailand also plans to allow resumption of alcohol sales at restaurants and to reopen entertainment venues by Dec. 1"

By this latest statement, does he mean that there will be no parties or drinking at entertainment venues when they are reopened on Dec 1st?

Or possibly, Buddha willing, we farangs may be able to celebrate Christmas and New Year in the way that we are accustomed after all! Bottoms up, chaps!!!

6 hours ago, welshguy said:

Hmmn,

It looks like I "may" be able to go in February then.

There again.......I may not!  Depends on how many times they change their minds re. quarantine etc etc really!

what makes me laugh is thailand to allow fully vaccinated people in as if they are not going to spread the virus or get the virus which fully vaccinated people can still spread the virus and fully vaccinated can still get the virus so what's the difference between fully vaccinated been let in and non vaccinated been let in ? The answer is NOTHING THE unvaccinated also could have proof of being naturally immune to the virus by having antibodies against covid by already of had the virus and now recovered from covid and now not got covid , NATURAL IMMUNITY HAVING ANTIBODIES AGAINST COVID IS HIGHER IMMUNITY THAN VACCINE , AND THE VACCINE ONLY LASTS 6 MONTHS NOT LIKE NATURAL IMMUNITY THAT LASTS FOR YEARS AND ALSO FUGHTS VARIENTS. THEY SHOULD BE ALOWWING IN UNVACCINATED NATURAL IMMUNITY PEOPLE LIKE ME.

If you havent had the Covid experience yet come have a holiday in Thailand.

We try not to test the general population and ignore antigen test results anyway and give most of the peasants you will meet Sinovac, not effective against the current virus strains which will be available at most locations 24 hours a day ......but not alcohol!

The land of denial, delusion and endemic Covid complacency welcomes you!

Edited by sapson
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

"Will consider" isn't good enough to get people to commit to come here.

Not many are going to book to fly long haul, if they are unsure as to whether you have lifted your Draconian measures or not.

Exactly. Im already booked for 21oct with the 7 day quarantine.   Mates say wait until 1 nov. no quarantine.  I dont trust Thailand. Prayut wanted everything opened 1 oct.  he got pushback 

Edited by Bkktodd
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tonypandy said:

The BBC and other Western media sources report 10 countries and name 5 from December 1st, yet Thailand report the earlier date of November 1st. Why would there be different start dates? 

I got the same from the Mrs trying to translate for me last night..... the guy was all over the place.

• Like 2

"Visitors from at least 10 countries including the United Kingdom, Singapore, Germany, China and the United States will be exempted from quarantine on arrival, Prayuth said in a televised speech"

umm, most covid cases in the World over the last 7 days:

1. USA - 605,316

2. UK - 260,760

10. Thailand - 73,557

12. Germany - 69,272

19. Singapore - 22,911

160. China - 165

So China is the only country that could be considered a 'safe' covid country on that list, and their citizens are banned to leave China.

Waiting for the following to be added to the 'safe' country list:

4. Russia - 192,457

5. India - 133,474

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/weekly-trends/#weekly_table

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

what makes me laugh is thailand to allow fully vaccinated people in as if they are not going to spread the virus or get the virus which fully vaccinated people can still spread the virus and fully vaccinated can still get the virus so what's the difference between fully vaccinated been let in and non vaccinated been let in ? The answer is NOTHING THE unvaccinated also could have proof of being naturally immune to the virus by having antibodies against covid by already of had the virus and now recovered from covid and now not got covid , NATURAL IMMUNITY HAVING ANTIBODIES AGAINST COVID IS HIGHER IMMUNITY THAN VACCINE , AND THE VACCINE ONLY LASTS 6 MONTHS NOT LIKE NATURAL IMMUNITY THAT LASTS FOR YEARS AND ALSO FUGHTS VARIENTS. THEY SHOULD BE ALOWWING IN UNVACCINATED NATURAL IMMUNITY PEOPLE LIKE ME.

Humm… i know plenty of people who got covid at work .  Then eventually tested negative and got vaccinated as an extra layer of protection.  Your natural antibodies may not last for years because the covid hasnt been around for many years to prove that with science.  Many now get the vaccine to get access to the world, hence , your shouting to us being denied because you HAD covid doesnt hold much water..  Take precautions and dont let your guard down …again.   Get. Vaxxed and youll be able to go anywhere    

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Sunderland said:

Who in their right mind will book a holiday when there is a possibility of getting a false PCR test result on arrival and being thrown into mandatory solitary confinement for two weeks?

Plenty of other better options for travelers from Europe, the USA, Japan, Australia, India or anyone else in the world.

I'm not a drinker, but many people enjoy a drink with their meal or after their meal. More chance of that in Dubai than Bangkok. 

Well they can buy beer/wine in Lotus or 7-11 and drink in their rooms. That's a real groovy holiday...insurance/tests, possibilities of false positives and you get locked up for 2 weeks, then quarantine when you arrive back home. All that hassle just to see some temples and knock back a few cans of Leo in your room?

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

Question:

Is it which country you come from , or which country you are a citizen and hold a passport?

Both me and the wife are US citizens and have American  passports, and we are in Thailand right now but we would like to go to Greece , and I am not sure if Greece is going to be in the list. So the question is : if I comeback from Greece with my American passport will I have to quarantine? 

Interesting to find out whether it depends on your nationality or country of departure.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

On June 16th, Gen. Prayut declared Thailand will completely reopen in 120 days. The date is soon approaching, and it is clear now that the deadline will not be met.

So more fake news from a fake government. What does open mean anyway no alcohol and be home by 10pm, the Tourists must be clamouring to come like Chinese at a buffet those overseas airports will need extra security guards to hold back the crowds trying to board planes as in Afghanistan. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

If China qualified, wonder why Australia did not make the list.

Both countries may not be letting their citizens leave homeland for at least another 9 months

Australia is specifically in the list of 10 on another news site. (But the full list not expanded to give the names of the full 10 countries.)