Thailand to end quarantine for some vaccinated visitors from Nov - PM

webfact

6 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Yip.

Some people think this bit of small print adds to their holiday excitement.

I'll watch this soap opera from a far thanks.

Same here.

I've already had an email from a mate who knows I like to winter in Thailand telling me "I bet you're happy with this!"

I had to explain it to him....... ????

I'm waiting for my "friend" in Pattaya to message me  asking "When you come see me Teerak?"

Ho hum.....

Edited by VBF

To be fair and impartial, Nick Dean was YouTube streaming and apparently bars are open in Phuket and very busy.

He posted COE was being done away with and recommended people arrive for December because no one knows what Q1 2022 will bring in the way of possible lockdowns.

Certainly, Pattaya seems busy with basic restrictions lifted and "special coffee's" being served.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VBF said:

Same here.

I've already had an email from a mate who knows I like to winter in Thailand telling me "I bet you're happy with this!"

I had to explain it to him....... ????

I'm waiting for my "friend" in Pattaya to message me  asking "When you come see me Teerak?"

Ho hum.....

That's the point.

Average Joe may well book and not even realise or care about the terms and conditions.

Personally, i couldn't face freedom of movement being curtailed after a 12 hour flight.

Logically, you would think getting through immigration would be a nightmare.

I do feel sorry for Thailand. It is a very difficult situation to manage.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

To be fair and impartial, Nick Dean was YouTube streaming and apparently bars are open in Phuket and very busy.

He posted COE was being done away with and recommended people arrive for December because no one knows what Q1 2022 will bring in the way of possible lockdowns.

Certainly, Pattaya seems busy with basic restrictions lifted and "special coffee's" being served.

Well Mr Dean does have his own agenda does he not? Not that I blame him, he's a businessman with vested interests. Just read between the lines is all I'm saying.

BUT...... arrive in December for a 2 month trip...possible lockdowns in Q1 2022....then where are you?

Still not good enough, IMO

• Like 1

It’s a step in the right direction. Bitch all you want about what it should be, but realize you are going to Thailand. As long as they drop the quarantine which is the most expensive part of it I’m fine. The rest may be a bit of a hassle but not a deal breaker. Just need it in writing. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NRGF said:

Absolutely, my wife and I are in the same situation as you. 

I was away from my wife about 1 year..in march i took the expencives to go back to BKK..Costs me alot..anyway it was worth it.Stayded 2 months together.Im not going back before the quarantene and other things is stopped.Her sinovac its not approved in my country.She said today she miss my injections.Ha-ha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stigar said:

I was away from my wife about 1 year..in march i took the expencives to go back to BKK..Costs me alot..anyway it was worth it.Stayded 2 months together.Im not going back before the quarantene and other things is stopped.Her sinovac its not approved in my country.She said today she miss my injections.Ha-ha

...................and, no doubt, your sense of humour.

If she needs better quality injections I am sure it can be arranged.....????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dutchweller said:

Thailand lifting  Quarantine restrictions means nothing if COE and insurance is still required also 

Pretty sure a lot of the 10 will require Quarantine on return from Thailand Australia, NZ definitely 

That's an extra 5k p/p and 2 weeks so Nope...

and still not clear if the modified sandbox type of thing is required for Pattaya as an example.  Is 7 day SHA pre paid hotel required along with pre pay for 2 PCR tests handled  by hotel and those 2 tests then done at hotel at some point?  Does airline require negative 72 hour test also even if vaccinated?  And is it also required to show the same negative test upon landing in Bangkok or do they do another test then? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Wiggy said:

The UK system is based on where you’ve been recently, not your nationality. So I guess Thailand’s system would be based on the same logic, but I don’t know for sure. My guess is you’d need to do some kind of quarantine if coming from a country not on the list. 

PPlease don't take about logic referring to Thailand

• Thanks 1

Has it been said that if the Nov 1st date open of Bangkok goes through that a test will be required at airport upon arrival as well as the same Phuket sandbox that exists that you will be allowed to leave your hotel and nightly( as long as you are double vax) have to return to your hotel for 7 days and then test again on last or next to last day then you can go anywhere that you want in Thailand ?  Thank you

46 minutes ago, raptorea said:

Has it been said that if the Nov 1st date open of Bangkok goes through that a test will be required at airport upon arrival as well as the same Phuket sandbox that exists that you will be allowed to leave your hotel and nightly( as long as you are double vax) have to return to your hotel for 7 days and then test again on last or next to last day then you can go anywhere that you want in Thailand ?  Thank you

Below is the translation of the PM’s speech.

It does mention:

- No quarantine if fully vaccinated 

- PCR test before travel 

- PCR test in Thailand << - I’m wondering if this is upon arrival (as per Phuket) or if the PCR test needs to be taken within a couple of days (as per the current UK model). 

Hopefully better information from an official source (i.e. CCSA announcement) will surface this week. 

1.     I have instructed the CCSA and the Ministry of Public Health to urgently consider within this week to allow, as of 1stNovember, international visitors to enter Thailand without any requirement for quarantine if they are fully vaccinated and arrive by air from low-risk countries.  Visitors will need to show that they are COVID-free at their time of travel with an RT-PCR test undertaken before they leave their home country, and do a test in Thailand.  Initially, we will begin with at least 10 countries on our low-risk, no-quarantine list, including the United Kingdom, Singapore, Germany, China, and the United States of America, and enlarge that list by 1st December, and, by 1st of January, move to a very extensive list.”

• Thanks 1

• Well I happened to get a really great air fare from Usa to Phuket Thailand to good to pass up on. The flight is set to arrive in Phuket Dec 2nd. So I am waiting to see what the CCSA is going to say because I am thinking I can just arrive in Phuket on the 2nd get my test at the airport then wait for the result if all ok, I should be able to hop on a flight to BKK take of some business that I need to do at the US embassy then get a flight out of BKK and on to my family home in the country all without any 7 day stay. I am hoping this will be able to as I am planning. Have to see what the details will be as you said the CCSA should be letting news out very soon.  I was planning on getting my COE based on the Phuket sandbox but as of now have not submitted it, I only bought my air to HKT.

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Below is the translation of the PM’s speech.

It does mention:

- No quarantine if fully vaccinated 

- PCR test before travel 

- PCR test in Thailand << - I’m wondering if this is upon arrival (as per Phuket) or if the PCR test needs to be taken within a couple of days (as per the current UK model). 

Hopefully better information from an official source (i.e. CCSA announcement) will surface this week. 

1.     I have instructed the CCSA and the Ministry of Public Health to urgently consider within this week to allow, as of 1stNovember, international visitors to enter Thailand without any requirement for quarantine if they are fully vaccinated and arrive by air from low-risk countries.  Visitors will need to show that they are COVID-free at their time of travel with an RT-PCR test undertaken before they leave their home country, and do a test in Thailand.  Initially, we will begin with at least 10 countries on our low-risk, no-quarantine list, including the United Kingdom, Singapore, Germany, China, and the United States of America, and enlarge that list by 1st December, and, by 1st of January, move to a very extensive list.”

I am just going through the process of applying for a tourist visa from the UK.

I've booked a flight leaving on 30th November, I've got my insurance for Covid cover, will I need to book a ASQ hotel now to send confirmation with my visa application if the quarantine is going to be ended on 1st November ??As I'm not sure if it will not be necessary.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, ray richards said:

I've booked a flight leaving on 30th November, I've got my insurance for Covid cover, will I need to book a ASQ hotel now to send confirmation with my visa application if the quarantine is going to be ended on 1st November ??As I'm not sure if it will not be necessary.

I don’t know how any vaccinated person could fill out a COE application for November now.

• Like 2

I would wait a week. They are going to maybe say something more concrete about all of this tomorrow.

• Like 1

Of course I am far from being in the know but I am kind of puzzled by the announcement and some actual facts. Mind you, the list has not been officially drafted but the proposed countries 

Australia       61 infections per 100K people reported last 7 days 97% of peak and rising
Germany      71 infections per 100K people reported last 7 days 33% of peak and rising
USA               192 infections per 100K people reported last 7 days 36% of peak and falling
Singapore  392 infections per 100K people reported last 7 days 97% of peak and rising
UK              395 infections per 100K people reported last 7 days 62% of peak
China         96,457 infections and 4,636 deaths reported since the pandemic began

As opposed to

Indonesia   3 infections per 100K people reported last 7 days  2% of peak and falling
Spain        25 infections per 100K people reported last 7 days  5% of peak and falling
Italy             30 infections per 100K people reported last 7 days  7% of peak and falling
Portugal   42 infections per 100K people reported last 7 days  5% of peak
France      44 infections per 100K people reported last 7 days  8% of peak and falling

is mind bugling, but, then again, lists of low risk countries differ 

Hold fire. Chances are most of the requirements will be history by then

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JCP108 said:

I would wait a week. They are going to maybe say something more concrete about all of this tomorrow.

Wait for the new policy to be published in the Royal Gazette, often comes out of Friday (but can be any day). From passing the votes in both houses etc., to approval and appearing in the Royal Gazette can be quite fast. 

• Like 2

On 10/11/2021 at 12:06 PM, Chad3000 said:

It's good news but I still see CoE, insurance (for O B Visa/extension) b30-40k and expensive PCR tests. Not to mention the b500 fee attached to every arrival - you just know this will apply to every farang regardless if on O or B. Even with hotel quarantine mafia lifted it's still going to be 50k in in/direct fees to come and go from Thailand.

Any tourists planning on those new 9mo visas would also be on the hook for that pricey insurance.

Dec 1 for alcohol. Well that leaves 14 weeks for high season.

Yes I agree Covid insurance is likely here to stay as long as the PM allows the insurance companies and other corporations to run the country and pull the strings. Quarantine mafia $$$ has been another scam since March of last year. The fact is any hotel in Nakhon Nowhere would have worked for quarantine. It was obvious from the start all the money was going to be funneled into the richest Thais bank accounts. One reason I have boycotted Thailand although I have a home and family there. I have two words for the Thai government and their stupidity and greed.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 3:57 AM, EricTh said:

An 7 day average mortality of 1400 in the USA ain't considered 'safe' which is one of the highest in the world.

Compare this to Indonesia's case of 60 and Malaysia's case of 95 7 day average mortality rate. These two countries aren't even on the list.

The US is the "most tested" country on the planet, and why we have higher numbers. People in the US are tested completely free,  no hastles, and if they really really want, could get tested every single day. Then if someone tests positive, they're not hauled away and locked up in isolation, unless a hospital stay is warranted... which is why in some countries many hesitate to be tested, sick or otherwise.

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Trvlr55 said:

The US is the "most tested" country on the planet, and why we have higher numbers. People in the US are tested completely free,  no hastles, and if they really really want, could get tested every single day. Then if someone tests positive, they're not hauled away and locked up in isolation, unless a hospital stay is warranted... which is why in some countries many hesitate to be tested, sick or otherwise.

Wow, the US is so perfect, not what I've been reading.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Wow, the US is so perfect, not what I've been reading.

363,825,123 Total test results:  Sourced CDC

Not sure what you've been reading, however that's what happens when you read articles written by lazy incompetent reporters who have the attention span of a ground slug. Most of them source other lazy incompetent reporters who merely skim an article, scientific or otherwise, and have little or no comprehension of what they read.

Never said it was perfect, but yes we do a whole lot of covid tests.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Trvlr55 said:

363,825,123 Total test results:  Sourced CDC

Not sure what you've been reading, however that's what happens when you read articles written by lazy incompetent reporters who have the attention span of a ground slug. Most of them source other lazy incompetent reporters who merely skim an article, scientific or otherwise, and have little or no comprehension of what they read.

Never said it was perfect, but yes we do a whole lot of covid tests.

So how does that connect to the many many 'anti covid 19', 'not real', 'anti mask', 'anti vaxx', 'anti testing' reports/comments seen regularly re the US? 

Plus the fact that earlier the 'big lie' guy said on many occasions, at big rallies, etc., 'too much testing, stop the testing'. But that was a while back and I wonder what his comments on this subject would be now.

Further, in the news regularly many red state governors who try to quickly kill any comments at all about the virus or anything connected to it, push for laws to prohibit kids wearing masks at school and in other scenarios,  karens who yell and scream anti anything associated with the Covid 19 virus, at supermarkets and in other places.

I realize of course that some/many of the above are not main stream citizens, but are state governors, snr., elected officials, TV commentators who are paid to every day sprout anti covid stuff, etc.

Just wondering.  

Edited by scorecard

So it's 14 October and I want to book quarantine free from 1 Nov and all I get is a COE that only has a choice for 7 days ASQ or 7 days Sandbox in Phuket or Samui.

Oh right, Thailand expects all foreigners to be able to arrange flights with one days notice in this pandemic world ????

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 10:37 AM, Cherrytreeview said:

blimey mate, you must be desperate. you and anyone else can stay in your own country and enjoy a drink with friends

in any bar you like. and a glass of wine with your meal without permission from the general  55