Thailand to end quarantine for some vaccinated visitors from Nov - PM

webfact

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I was under the impression Australia was planning to open up to International travel on a State by State basis, based on when they reach 80% vaccination levels. NSW will soon be there, although say WA they will be somewhat later. 

Australia is specifically mentioned on another news site (but the names of the full 10 countries not listed).

5 hours ago, ttrd said:

With 114.137 new cases the last 2 weeks Germany is far down the list - ranked 129 .... 

Rankings — EndCoronavirus.org

Germany has a lower incidence per 100 k than UK, Singapore or USA.

If Singapore would have been in the EU, they would have been categorised as high risk.

Incidence must be under 150 in the EU, some countries had it under 90 before summer travel, to be considered green.

UK...We don't care about them in the EU.Sorry.

8 hours ago, Banana7 said:

PM can say what he wants but there are multiple levels of approval before it is implemented and those approvals will take time.

Rubbish! They reduced the Sandbox quarantine from 14 to 7 days almost instantly. I could have cancelled my 2nd Sandbox hotel but I thought like u that they would not introduce it for a week or 2 at least and that it would not apply to those, like me who had already booked the 14 day sand box. But hats off to them they implemented it within a day or 2 and cancelled the 7 to14 day quarantine for existing bookings.

Edited by SunsetT
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, garzhe said:

Still with COE, insurance,  expensive PCR tests. 500 b fee on arrival and any other requirements they have time to impose and then the fact that governor's of all 76 provinces have the authority to set their own requirements and restrictions to enter in to the province, Its hardly a recipe for a care free holiday. 

Be positive...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, darrenr said:

So Australia is not on the list , yet USA with some close to 100,000 cases a day is on the list ?

And neither are New Zealand, Israel, the Scandinavian countries...

And how about Thai citizens, still stuck in other countries; do they still have to go through quarantine too when returning?

56 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

"Visitors from at least 10 countries including the United Kingdom, Singapore, Germany, China and the United States will be exempted from quarantine on arrival, Prayuth said in a televised speech"

umm, most covid cases in the World over the last 7 days:

1. USA - 605,316

2. UK - 260,760

10. Thailand - 73,557

12. Germany - 69,272

19. Singapore - 22,911

160. China - 165

It's the incidence, that matters.

Germany has a lower incidence than Singapore.

Only "safe" country is China, but they are not allowed to travel.

2 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

And neither are New Zealand, Israel, the Scandinavian countries...

And how about Thai citizens, still stuck in other countries; do they still have to go through quarantine too when returning?

How about Tanzania or North Korea, with next to zero cases????

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, drenddy said:

Surprise, surprise! China is clearly under reporting, as a couple of ports have been closed for more than a week due to something or other.

And on top of all the existing restrictions, if it is sorted out in time, there will be a Facial recognition System attached to the App that already has to be downloaded by Foreigners entering the Country.

This is said to ensure Foreigners do not stray from the designated ' Sandbox Zones "

Details for how it will be Policed, and what any infringements may incur in terms of Fines Etc, of course have not been published yet.

Edited by Cake Monster
  • Like 1

The way Thai is chopping and changing I thought months ago anyone would be crazy to book their trip overlapping the 1st of a month.

Arriving 1 December it is with no quarantine and booze and nightclubs open looking for handsum man ????

Some sort of record here! Cigna appearing in the body of the text 4 times in one item! Definitely an automatic link with anything mentioning Covid/Opening up etc etc. Very strange especially when the linked item only applies for those resident in Thailand?

26 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Are australians allowed to leave their island prison?

International travel is allowed as soon as any State reaches 80% fully vaxed (16+).

New South Wales will reach that target this week so Sydney has flights out from 1 November

Queensland and Western Australia on the other hand are now part of North Korea so no-one will be leaving there without a federal exemption (thankfully I have mine)

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, drenddy said:

As per WHO, they advise to look at positivity rate amongst other variables. UK positivity rate is less than 5% (thereby pandemic deemed under control there) and US 7.5% also relatively low, Singapore 4% etc. You can check most countries in the link below. As per yesterday, Thailand plans to add to the 10 countries anyway:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-summer-tracker-in-depth-guide-to-how-different-countries-rates-compare-12324242

Edited by Rhacsyn
Edit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

A little to early to be drinking Animal , isn't it 

They would be able to return by not being "Non Chinese":tongue:

Never too early and never too late! 

Any person, either non Chinese or Chinese, is still subject to 21 days quarantine on entry/return to China from here or anywhere else.  Non Chinese cannot even enter China unless they are of specific and very small groups.  China doesn't even allow entry to HK residents; and we are all told that is an inalienable part of China never to secede.

I was referring to the opening of Thailand to visitors from China, who would currently be unable to go home.

Pass me a beer!????

• Thanks 1

Would it be more beneficial to ease the restrictions here first and then allow fully vaccinated to come without quarantine? Pattaya is under curfew (10pm-4 am) No alcohol sales in restaurants. All nite time activities obsolete. I would guess that at least 60 percent of work force is not here so I think businesses will need their labor force to come back before opening up. I am not an economic scholar but supply is low (hotels/restaurants,labor) and if demand increases 5-10 fold in a short time without the supply then inflation occurs. In other words, the prices for boutique hotels and resorts,taxi, etc will be more than double the normal price. Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drenddy said:

If Singapore would have been in the EU, they would have been categorised as high risk.

Incidence must be under 150 in the EU, some countries had it under 90 before summer travel, to be considered green.

Are you German?

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I am getting a refund for the 7 days of my hotel reservation that would have gone unused. Also a refund for the one PCR test that was made unnecessary by the reduction in stay.

I decided that, as I am already here in Phuket, I might as well help the Thai/Phuket economy and chill out and enjoy the 2nd week  at the other beach hotel that I booked. I have applied for the refund offered for the 3rd PCR test.

1 hour ago, drenddy said:

But at what rate does Germany do testing vs. Singapore  Singapore's high rate is due to 2 things

1. mandates for many employers to test weekly for covid

2. the widespread distribution of home test kits to Singapore residents.

• Thanks 1

So how is 'low risk' assessed?

USA with 100k-150k daily new cases isn't considered low risk. There are many countries less than 100k daily new cases and they're not even on the list.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, EricTh said:

So how is 'low risk' assessed?

USA with 100k-150k daily new cases isn't considered low risk. There are many countries less than 100k daily new cases and they're not even on the list.

Because the number of new cases depends in large part on the number of tests administered. By itself, that statistic means little.

• Like 1