Thailand to end quarantine for some vaccinated visitors from Nov - PM

webfact

13 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

This is no different to the "proposal" I currently have for a threesome with my girlfriend and her sister, its a proposal, its yet to be approved, the details are not clear, and one of the parties involved will probably end up saying No.

I’m willing to step in for the one party that says no - just to help a fellow poster out you understand… 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"and to reopen entertainment venues by Dec. 1, Prayuth said, adding that the country will have more than '170 doses' of vaccine by the end of the year".

for once they are nearer theit count of vaccines!! Or is it a typo???? ????????????????????????????????

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

At last somethings moving, Devil will be in the details. 

R China and India on the list?

At least India is providing some stats of infections and inoculations...

China has masked that out pretty well, but qualified!

• Like 2

singapore, the UK, USA have now wave of infections. With winter coming this situation will likely worsen, as the last year.

So where are Korean, japanese, russian and indian tourists, which were coming pre-covid in millions and are not far away,  a few h fly, so even short trips, extended weekends, are easily done

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mjakob007 said:

If China qualified, wonder why Australia did not make the list.

Both countries may not be letting their citizens leave homeland for at least another 9 months

There are 3 articles posted and Australia is mentioned in one of them. Also, Australia is letting us out from 1 November, you just have to depart from Sydney

• Like 2

2 hours ago, meechai said:

My wife & I spend 3 months a year at our Thai home

We have not been back since December 2019 due to this Covid

We personally will not return till it is Open with a capital O

Meaning ok vaccination required no prob...done

But that is it

No 100K USD Covid Insurance ( We already pay $300 for travel insurance...will not pay another 12k baht for 100k USD covid cover)

No PCR Testing in Thailand (For fear of being called asymptomatic & hospitalized to drain insurance)

No COE (our usual paper work is plenty enough to deal with (My 90 day married visa etc)

So if & when that happens we will return if not no problem either as we live in a nice free place & mainly want to return & visit family

No issues there.  I feel the same.  I was going to retire, but instead will head to Connecticut for well paying contract gig, and working with some good people I worked with there several years ago.  Plenty of poker rooms open for one or two nights of fun and profit I am looking forward to playing again.  And of course, one more month of 401k max, and then ROTH IRA nominal contribution outside of work.  Will be 65 next year, start medicare and most retirement expenses will then be reasonably fixed along with some additional dosh up.  I miss Thailand, ans was hoping for trip 16, but so be it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

Question:

Is it which country you come from , or which country you are a citizen and hold a passport?

Both me and the wife are US citizens and have American  passports, and we are in Thailand right now but we would like to go to Greece , and I am not sure if Greece is going to be in the list. So the question is : if I comeback from Greece with my American passport will I have to quarantine? 

And you’re asking that question on this forum? Hilarious.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aussiexpat said:

There are 3 articles posted and Australia is mentioned in one of them. Also, Australia is letting us out from 1 November, you just have to depart from Sydney

thats good news, then.

Talking to mates, they were looking at mid 2022...

• Like 2

The USA is on the list of low-risk countries.

Mexico is not on the list of low-risk countries.

Can a US citizen living in Mexico enter Thailand on 01-Nov?

Can a Mexican citizen living in the USA enter Thailand on 01-Nov?

Question:

Is it which country you come from , or which country you are a citizen and hold a passport?

Both me and the wife are US citizens and have American  passports, and we are in Thailand right now but we would like to go to Greece , and I am not sure if Greece is going to be in the list. So the question is : if I comeback from Greece with my American passport will I have to quarantine? 

Exactly. Same situation. I have American passport but want to see friends and family in Bangladesh for 5 days or a week ; round-trip, returning home to Bangkok,... Bangkok ACH, COE, testing worries potential quarantine, and $100K USD INSURANCE required for length of my retirement based Non-Im O visa make that prohibitive. Haven't been for over 3 years, no light in sight for foreseeable future based on latest govnt rumours. Oye! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darrenr said:

So Australia is not on the list , yet USA with some close to 100,000 cases a day is on the list ?

This may be a result of Australia's restrictive border lockdown. I suspect as they re-open to international travel (both ways) Thailand would be more likely to include them. Fingers crossed. The Australian approach has been mean and and tight fisted, especially on allowing their citizens to return to their homes and families overseas but it looks like changes are afoot.

• Like 1

Thailand also plans to allow resumption of alcohol sales at restaurants and to reopen entertainment venues by Dec. 1

The way I read this it seems that they are going to allow perfectly safe venues (such as an outdoor restaurant) to sell alcohol at the same time as the indoor nightclubs.     If their intention is to increase covid cases and blame it on alcohol with the intention of permanently banning it then this would be one way to go about it I suppose.   

• Like 1

Question:

This should be the decision making parameter.

Travel history/country of residence, than their nationality..

• Like 1

When the leaders talk slow ZZZZZZZZZ!   open Nov 1st?   ease into it?  but he does care about the people that they can't suffer another setback!  ????   Sneek that one in Dec 1st for Entertainiment!  Why not just open them up and have them serve only

EggNog for the holiday? 

5 minutes ago, Cat Boy said:

Exactly. Same situation. I have American passport but want to see friends and family in Bangladesh for 5 days or a week ; round-trip, returning home to Bangkok,... Bangkok ACH, COE, testing worries potential quarantine, and $100K USD INSURANCE required for length of my retirement based Non-Im O visa make that prohibitive. Haven't been for over 3 years, no light in sight for foreseeable future based on latest govnt rumours. Oye! 

If I would have to do CoE. and ACH in Bangkok for a week and show covid insurance. It might be easier and cost the same to before coming here go visit my sister in the US and return from there. Either way a hustle, I wish they cut out all this nonsense.

• Thanks 1

So Australia is not on the list , yet USA withsome close to 100,000 cases a day is on the list ?

So says darrenr which may or may not be true but if so, that represents .00000029% of the population of which a full 99.9 % recover quickly. Vaccinations mitigate the severity of this virus so get on with it Thailand!

3 hours ago, kotsak said:

I guess they can kiss this coming high season goodbye, no person in his right mind will make plans/bookings when they hear those muppets talking about future plans.

This high season was never going to happen, it is next years that will attract a few as the world starts to live with CV19, but a lot can happen in 12 months. 

7 minutes ago, apetryxx said:

So Australia is not on the list , yet USA withsome close to 100,000 cases a day is on the list ?

So says darrenr which may or may not be true but if so, that represents .00000029% of the population of which a full 99.9 % recover quickly. Vaccinations mitigate the severity of this virus so get on with it Thailand!

Not yet but more countries to be added, I've seen an unofficial list and Australia is there

28 minutes ago, mjakob007 said:

If China qualified, wonder why Australia did not make the list.

Both countries may not be letting their citizens leave homeland for at least another 9 months

I was under the impression Australia was planning to open up to International travel on a State by State basis, based on when they reach 80% vaccination levels. NSW will soon be there, although say WA they will be somewhat later. 

Chan O Cha is a day late and a dollar short - again.

Many were hoping that the big announcement would be him stepping down after over 7 years of ruining the country. Instead, we get a lacklustre, ambiguous statement that will do little to help the millions of people out of work. Lame.

• Like 2