Thailand to end quarantine for some vaccinated visitors from Nov - PM

webfact

40 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

Never too early and never too late! 

Any person, either non Chinese or Chinese, is still subject to 21 days quarantine on entry/return to China from here or anywhere else.  Non Chinese cannot even enter China unless they are of specific and very small groups.  China doesn't even allow entry to HK residents; and we are all told that is an inalienable part of China never to secede.

I was referring to the opening of Thailand to visitors from China, who would currently be unable to go home.

Pass me a beer!????

Boy it sucks to be Chinese .

Beer well deserved :burp: enjoy :smile:

Why is UK on the list? Daily infection rates in England still between 35,000 & 40,000 according to The Guardian.  France, where I currently am living, reported 1,120 new cases yesterday and continuing downward trend. In France mask wearing, sanitising and a Covid vaccination certificate still required to enter all public indoor spaces. England such precautions have been abandoned.

According to world o meter Thailand ranks on 24 th place out of 233 countries. Why not to open all the countries from 25-233? 
why is this discrimination? Surprisingly the top 5 countries who are still on the top of the chart they are allowed to come where as many far behind in terms of daily infectious numbers or casualties are not on the list . Things perhaps many of us will never understand. Oh well let’s see how long it can sustain like this 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, meechai said:

My wife & I spend 3 months a year at our Thai home

We have not been back since December 2019 due to this Covid

We personally will not return till it is Open with a capital O

Meaning ok vaccination required no prob...done

But that is it

No 100K USD Covid Insurance ( We already pay $300 for travel insurance...will not pay another 12k baht for 100k USD covid cover)

No PCR Testing in Thailand (For fear of being called asymptomatic & hospitalized to drain insurance)

No COE (our usual paper work is plenty enough to deal with (My 90 day married visa etc)

So if & when that happens we will return if not no problem either as we live in a nice free place & mainly want to return & visit family

Absolutely, my wife and I are in the same situation as you. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Are australians allowed to leave their island prison?

Yes they are, the regulations were never that severe, many reasons to get exemptions.

Australian gov't about to cancel this regulation. 

And no it wasn't a prison, except for a while a couple of hundred years ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Because the number of new cases depends in large part on the number of tests administered. By itself, that statistic means little.

Really? Then what criteria did the PM use then, pray tell...

UK used the daily cases in Thailand to put it off the red list.

Edited by EricTh

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Maybe the daily mortality rates? That's a lot better way to judge the severity of the pandemic since deaths are far more likely to be reported more accurately. And where did you read that it was the declining number of cases that led to Thailand being taken off the UK's red list?

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Maybe the daily mortality rates? That's a lot better way to judge the severity of the pandemic since deaths are far more likely to be reported more accurately. And where did you read that it was the declining number of cases that led to Thailand being taken off the UK's red list?

An 7 day average mortality of 1400 in the USA ain't considered 'safe' which is one of the highest in the world.

Compare this to Indonesia's case of 60 and Malaysia's case of 95 7 day average mortality rate. These two countries aren't even on the list.

Edited by EricTh

10 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

There will be no mass tourism. I think the COE and the insurance requirements will remain. Also a pcr test before departure and at least one more in Thailand. Also the obligation to book a specific hotel for the first 7 days. <snip>

Thailand - Visitors are still far away from simply buy a plane ticket and fly to Thailand without requirements.

Agree with your last sentence.     It's more what the article doesn't say than what it does!

And @meechai    You said  "No 100K USD Covid Insurance ( We already pay $300 for travel insurance...will not pay another 12k baht for 100k USD covid cover)"

My travel insurance (issued in UK) includes unlimited health cover including Covid - you might find yours is similar.

Edited by VBF
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, darrenr said:

So Australia is not on the list , yet USA with some close to 100,000 cases a day is on the list ?

I don't know the figures but considering the difference in population you would be better with per 100,000 or per 1,000,000 numbers. There may be other considerations I suppose.

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

An 7 day average mortality of 1400 in the USA ain't considered 'safe' which is one of the highest in the world.

Compare this to Indonesia's case of 60 and Malaysia's case of 95 7 day average mortality rate. These two countries aren't even on the list.

For Indonesia, there's the question of credibility. 

Three reasons why COVID-19 data in Indonesia are unreliable and how to fix them

More than a year into the pandemic, Indonesia has the most COVID-19 cases and highest fatality rate in Southeast Asia and still grapples with disorganised COVID-19 data management.

The latest media report shows that COVID-19 cases in Indonesia are more prevalent than the official figures. The report indicates that 15% of Indonesians had already been infected by coronavirus, much higher than the estimated 0.4% shown in the government’s data.

https://theconversation.com/three-reasons-why-covid-19-data-in-indonesia-are-unreliable-and-how-to-fix-them-157056

As for Malaysia, it had a record number of deaths in September. Now those mortality rates are plummeting. So it's a bit early to open the country to them.

3 hours ago, drenddy said:

It's the incidence, that matters.

Germany has a lower incidence than Singapore.

Only "safe" country is China, but they are not allowed to travel.

The incidence means nothing.

The UK tests 100's of thousands every day other countries test very few. More tests means more cases found. Vacination rates, varients and politics matter. The number of cases found each day is largely irrelevant without population and testing figures.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, EricTh said:

No it didn't. The UK was worried about the beta variant, number of cases means very little.

Edited by iian23
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Why is UK on the list? Daily infection rates in England still between 35,000 & 40,000 according to The Guardian.  France, where I currently am living, reported 1,120 new cases yesterday and continuing downward trend. In France mask wearing, sanitising and a Covid vaccination certificate still required to enter all public indoor spaces. England such precautions have been abandoned.

Correct but when you look at the infection figures its primarily secondary school children and adults in the 30-49 age range, parents ? Deaths are being attributed to mainly non-vaccinated although they are, I think compared to France, still too high. A covid death in the UK is counted if a person had been tested positive in the previous 28 days and not if the main cause was due to covid. So an asymptomatic test positive person will end up being called a covid death. In the UK town (130,000 pop) we have returned to, the last covid death was back in March. Masks are worn by many people but I suspect we are not the norm. 

You'll have no argument from me that France dealt with covid far better than the UK. Just look at this mornings UK press articles on a parliamentary report on how Johnson's government dealt with it last March.

Edited by tso310
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Metapod said:

Still too many restrictions.

Exactly.

I read : QUOTE "I know this decision comes with some risk. It is almost certain that we will see a temporary rise in serious cases as we relax these restrictions," Prayuth said. UNQUOTE

Are those people brainless? If fully vaccinated, a negative PCR before flying, a negative PCR test upon arrival, <deleted> is the risk???? Or maybe that over-careful language is seeding an easy excuse just in case a nasty wave develops again in a few months. As usual, it would be easy then to point an accusing finger at the foreigners?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Spilornis said:

Very promising

The post flight PCR test will however deter many people.

Still it's a start and sounds similar to what was recently introduced in Sri Lanka (albeit not limited to ten countries)

I agree, I hate those PCR tests. Beside the costs, to me it's like small torture.

• Like 2

“Today, Thailand is among the countries which have achieved great success in protecting its people,” said the prime minister, as he praised the sacrifices made by everyone at a most difficult time, with many people losing their jobs, incomes and businesses.

As i understood corona was among Thai and NOT foreigners. There were almost no tourists.

And in this I read : only quarantaine is lifted.

Meaning all other s...t is still going on. How they will do tests then if everyone can do a walk about?

There are still a 10000 cases/day, again NOT foreigners or tourists.

Guess the articles are made to confuse you, every time again.  

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The whole presentation seemed to leave an air of ambiguity......... 

Are you surprised? Ambiguity is a common denominator with some people.

Btw, if anyone feels like adding "lack of precision", let me add that this is not true, they can be extremely and obsessively precise .... but often where it absolutely does not matter or is totally impossible. I'm speaking of experience!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VBF said:

But what that article fails to mention is the requirements for CoE etc etc of which we on the forum are all aware but that the casual tourist will be shocked to discover.

Also...."If the second test is also negative, any visitor from those countries "can travel freely like Thais", the prime minister said."  

That does not say what happens if the second test is positive...in fact I've lost track with that one! What does happen? Are people still hospitalised??

Yip.

Some people think this bit of small print adds to their holiday excitement.

I'll watch this soap opera from a far thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1