Thailand to end quarantine for some vaccinated visitors from Nov - PM

webfact

11 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

So it's 14 October and I want to book quarantine free from 1 Nov and all I get is a COE that only has a choice for 7 days ASQ or 7 days Sandbox in Phuket or Samui.

Oh right, Thailand expats all foreigners to be able to arrange flights with one days notice in this pandemic world ????

You understand it correctly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So how does that connect to the many many 'anti covid 19', 'not real', 'anti mask', 'anti vaxx', 'anti testing' reports/comments seen regularly re the US? 

Plus the fact that earlier the 'big lie' guy said on many occasions, at big rallies, etc., 'too much testing, stop the testing'. But that was a while back and I wonder what his comments on this subject would be now.

Further, in the news regularly many red state governors who try to quickly kill any comments at all about the virus or anything connected to it, push for laws to prohibit kids wearing masks at school and in other scenarios,  karens who yell and scream anti anything associated with the Covid 19 virus, at supermarkets and in other places.

Just wondering.  

Interesting! Change the subject and then trying to bait me? or you truly have no idea what you speak of?

I made no mentions of anti-vaxers or the like. I have had 2 Phiser, plus the booster already. I was one of the first people in my state, that's not a doctor, etc to get the first and 2nd jab. Had a meeting with one of my doctors late January, and he was shocked I was able to get vax'd before he was, as he only got his 1st jab that same day, and I'd been 10 days already.

red state governors do no such thing. they only fight for the right as US citizens for each person/adult family members in case of children  to make their own decisions, which has been in our constitution since inception. I'm not arguing right or wrong on this subject, only correcting your statement.

sorry again, I don't live in or go to Korea, ( although I did stay at a holiday Inn Express ), or know much about what they do or don't do, but guessing from what little you know of the situation in US.... so again I know nothing about what goes on in Korea.

2 hours ago, Trvlr55 said:

Interesting! Change the subject and then trying to bait me? or you truly have no idea what you speak of?

I made no mentions of anti-vaxers or the like. I have had 2 Phiser, plus the booster already. I was one of the first people in my state, that's not a doctor, etc to get the first and 2nd jab. Had a meeting with one of my doctors late January, and he was shocked I was able to get vax'd before he was, as he only got his 1st jab that same day, and I'd been 10 days already.

red state governors do no such thing. they only fight for the right as US citizens for each person/adult family members in case of children  to make their own decisions, which has been in our constitution since inception. I'm not arguing right or wrong on this subject, only correcting your statement.

sorry again, I don't live in or go to Korea, ( although I did stay at a holiday Inn Express ), or know much about what they do or don't do, but guessing from what little you know of the situation in US.... so again I know nothing about what goes on in Korea.

In the US, children are required to vaccinate for many diseases. 

2 hours ago, Trvlr55 said:

What's Korea got to do with this?

They fight for "...they only fight for the right as US citizens for each person/adult family members in case of children  to make their own decisions,..."

Yep got that, the right to carry guns anywhere, into schools and more. How sweet is that.

But Seems to me taking action to keep everybody/the vast majority safe from a deadly virus would be the priority rather than ignoring the deadly health situation (over 700,000 dead in the US and still over 1,000 citizens dying every day from Covid 19) and instead promoting/rallying for 'freedom, freedom'. 

5 hours ago, Trvlr55 said:

The US is the "most tested" country on the planet, and why we have higher numbers. People in the US are tested completely free,  no hastles, and if they really really want, could get tested every single day. Then if someone tests positive, they're not hauled away and locked up in isolation, unless a hospital stay is warranted... which is why in some countries many hesitate to be tested, sick or otherwise.

That is true for normal virus but Delta is a deadly virus. It will cause symptoms in more than 95% of cases, so if you have symptoms such as fever and breathing difficulty, don't tell me you won't go to the doctor especially in this pandemic?

As far as I know, Americans don't like to be poked up in the nose, it's not a good feeling if you ever had one Covid test, let alone regularly like you imply.

Americans don't even want to wear mask let alone go for a Covid test voluntarily. So the 'most tested country' is without any evidence and just a heresay.

Do you have any videos of mass number of Americans going for voluntary Covid testing? (not vaccination but just testing)

Edited by EricTh

On 10/12/2021 at 3:18 PM, dutchweller said:

Thailand lifting  Quarantine restrictions means nothing if COE and insurance is still required also 

Pretty sure a lot of the 10 will require Quarantine on return from Thailand Australia, NZ definitely 

That's an extra 5k p/p and 2 weeks so Nope...

There is also the fact that there is a waiting list for quarantine in countries like New Zealand. So I could be stuck in Thailand for months. 

54 minutes ago, Sqoop said:

There is also the fact that there is a waiting list for quarantine in countries like New Zealand. So I could be stuck in Thailand for months. 

Like I have been for the past 12...

It's not a waiting list it's more a lottery for NZ.

every Tuesday 300-600 rooms are released and there is usually 20-40,000 people trying for them...

So not good odds 

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

In the US, children are required to vaccinate for many diseases. 

and your point is? There are a lot of home schooled children, who are not "required to be vaccinated" Some states in US have not made the vaccine, or masks mandatory for children; but the "claim" that was thrown out, was the red state governors, were preventing children from wearing mask, or getting the vaccine, which is utter BS.

These governors, only state that it is up to the parents to decide, not the government. Other states have made it mandatory for children attending public schools.

This is way way off topic.

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

What's Korea got to do with this?

They fight for "...they only fight for the right as US citizens for each person/adult family members in case of children  to make their own decisions,..."

Yep got that, the right to carry guns anywhere, into schools and more. How sweet is that.

But Seems to me taking action to keep everybody/the vast majority safe from a deadly virus would be the priority rather than ignoring the deadly health situation (over 700,000 dead in the US and still over 1,000 citizens dying every day from Covid 19) and instead promoting/rallying for 'freedom, freedom'. 

Well let's all be glad you're not a governor.   Why you keep wanting to drag me into this way off topic discussion. Again I am not an ANTIVAX'R. Why you keep wanting to label me as one? None of this is about the subject matter of the discussion.

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

That is true for normal virus but Delta is a deadly virus. It will cause symptoms in more than 95% of cases, so if you have symptoms such as fever and breathing difficulty, don't tell me you won't go to the doctor especially in this pandemic?

As far as I know, Americans don't like to be poked up in the nose, it's not a good feeling if you ever had one Covid test, let alone regularly like you imply.

Americans don't even want to wear mask let alone go for a Covid test voluntarily. So the 'most tested country' is without any evidence and just a heresay.

Do you have any videos of mass number of Americans going for voluntary Covid testing? (not vaccination but just testing)

I posted the CDC official numbers, and the websites, some of them direct snapshots.

the symptoms in 95 percent of cases is just a pure vapor-trail. no evidence at all. fake news.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Trvlr55 said:

I made no mentions of anti-vaxers or the like. I have had 2 Phiser, plus the booster already. I was one of the first people in my state, that's not a doctor, etc to get the first and 2nd 

The Supreme Court in 1905 that govt has the legitimate power to mandate vaccinations. It's settled law.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Trvlr55 said:

I posted the CDC official numbers, and the websites, some of them direct snapshots.

the symptoms in 95 percent of cases is just a pure vapor-trail. no evidence at all. fake news.

It sounds like you want to be nominated for the Herman Cain award. 

You should read up on it. 

I've found the visa & COE to get to Thailand is not all that expensive.

My perfect flight from UK £510.

Covid insurance cover £260.

Asq hotel 7days £420.

PCR before departure £100.

Visa cost £30.

After that is my usual holiday money for 90 days, so the only extra costs is a total of Asq + PCR test = £ 510 the other expenses is what I would usually have to pay at anytime.

People want to stop grumbling or stay at home in freezing temperatures.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ray richards said:

I am just going through the process of applying for a tourist visa from the UK.

I've booked a flight leaving on 30th November, I've got my insurance for Covid cover, will I need to book a ASQ hotel now to send confirmation with my visa application if the quarantine is going to be ended on 1st November ??As I'm not sure if it will not be necessary.

What about your COE then? You already did that? In the COE everything is concluded to give you permission to go.

Except for the PCR test you need to do prior to flying, 72 hours before that.

12 minutes ago, ray richards said:

Not applied for the COE yet but that's free, I am just highlighting for people not to worry too much about the expenses, it will all cost £400 more than a usual 90 days trip, even less if Thailand ends quarantine.

Can I ask Ray for 510 pounds when are you visiting? Is it before November?

On 10/12/2021 at 9:06 AM, Chad3000 said:

It's good news but I still see CoE, insurance (for O B Visa/extension) b30-40k and expensive PCR tests. Not to mention the b500 fee attached to every arrival - you just know this will apply to every farang regardless if on O or B. Even with hotel quarantine mafia lifted it's still going to be 50k in in/direct fees to come and go from Thailand.

Any tourists planning on those new 9mo visas would also be on the hook for that pricey insurance.

Dec 1 for alcohol. Well that leaves 14 weeks for high season.

This alcohol ban is to prevent you becoming amorous and kissing Thai girls, which could mean you removing mask, for such actions.

If they made masks with a flap for drinking that would solve removing masks to drink but kissing girls that's going to spread covid.

It also will reveal how much you are a handsome man and encourage girls to sit to close to you. caution must be implemented at all times.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

What about your COE then? You already did that? In the COE everything is concluded to give you permission to go.

Except for the PCR test you need to do prior to flying, 72 hours before that.

Just to keep you up to date with RT-PCR costs,  IN NZ free at a testing site.

RT-PCR test 72 hours before departure, go to authorized doctors where the sample will be sent to the same lab the government uses but you will be charged NZ 450.00 for this test, you can not use the free govt sites for the departure test.

So it is not only NZ ripping into travelers pockets.

On 10/14/2021 at 3:14 PM, Sqoop said:

About 4k NZ your up for MIQ on return, if you can get a booking, currently booked out for months. + family if your not alone, discounts for family are available but thats an even harder booking slot to get.

Then if you went to LOS for 30 day visa exempt you would have to show a MIQ booking that coincided with a return ticket, not that simple.