Confusion reigns as Thai PM announces end of quarantine and alcohol restart "spoiler"

webfact

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Yeah, why worry about a virus that has both killed 4 million people, and made alot of people very gullible. 

Four million people is a meaningless figure. Death attributed to this virus have been vastly overestimated in UK and this is probably the case everywhere.  Even becoming sick is a lottery and nothing guarantees that individuals won't become infected whatever precautions are taken. Lives appear to have been saved only because numbers of deaths were vast overestimates. 

Edited by tgeezer
Grammar
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Dunno ask the Thais that have lost their livelihoods, penniless, and no hope of a future. Add the increase in suicides, mental health issues etc. 

For 9 Covid deaths/million of population over the past week. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/weekly-trends/#weekly_table

No, ask the Thai families who have lost their love ones including men, women and children and the family breadwinner from this virus that now has no hope for the future. Atleast anyone who is still alive has a chance of working through this if they want to.

Edited by Russell17au
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, internationalism said:

(...)

Those 3 weeks to beginning of November would allow travellers to plan accordingly and buy tickets from those named countries. So it can be easily done for all europeans to depart from Germany, for Irish passport from the UK, for canadians from the USA, any asian countries from singapore. (...)

I

I don't quite think this is how it works...

You would probably have to spend at least 14 days in those 5+X countries, rather than just transiting through.

• Like 1

This is what happens when a cowardly and inept leader is scared as an 11 year old, who has been threatened by the school bully, by a virus he thinks is Bubonic plague, yet knows he has utterly decimated an important industry, and sabotaged the Thai economy. 

He is here, there and  everywhere. All over the place. A different position and story every day. He is horribly confused and in so far over his head. And that makes him a very dangerous man. 

And a horribly ineffective leader. Woe is Thailand. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

If a foreigner tests positive it should be guaranteed that all local insurance will cover it full stop

Employer based

Government SSO

Third party insco

Every person that enters Thailand should be covered by full minimal insurance that allows 100% coverage at hospitel for up to moderate symptoms, all tests and evaluations.

Barring that - just follow the US model.

We farang do not want to be thrust into a hospital with triple tier pricing (retirees most expensive). It's nothing short of prison and damn well the government should realize this despite the authorization nature.

I'm still having a fit over that b500 nonspecific tax / slush fund!

I have the COVID expat insurance (plus I had to get a visa to comply with the retirement visa insurance - overlapped cover and useless, waste of money but had no choice) so I could get back to Thailand.  Covered if hospitalised for COVID.  

I got the vaccines.  Later I got infected with COVID.  

My symptoms not severe enough to be hospitalised (although getting close a few times - it really hits your lungs - thankfully I don't smoke or I would have had big problems), so home isolation for 14 days in a totally unsuitable premise that is a total sweat box and no community support. 

My insurance would not cover me for Hospitel (Hospital supported Hotel) cover, only for hospital admission.  I do not believe you will find any insurance covers Hospitel cover.  It is out of pocket.  The hospital dealing with me told me they could arrange for me to be re-accommodated into a Hospitel if I wanted to.  I cannot afford that luxury at farang prices.  So I just sit here convalescing in home isolation.  

Edited by aussienam
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, aussienam said:

I have the COVID expat insurance (plus I had to get a visa to comply with the retirement visa insurance - overlapped cover and useless, waste of money but had no choice) so I could get back to Thailand.  Covered if hospitalised for COVID.  

I got the vaccines.  Later I got infected with COVID.  

My symptoms not severe enough to be hospitalised (although getting close a few times - it really hits your lungs - thankfully I don't smoke or I would have had big problems), so home isolation for 14 days in a totally unsuitable premise that is a total sweat box and no community support. 

My insurance would not cover me for Hospitel (Hospital supported Hotel) cover, only for hospital admission.  I do not believe you will find any insurance covers Hospitel cover.  It is out of pocket.  The hospital dealing with me told me they could arrange for me to be re-accommodated into a Hospitel if I wanted to.  I cannot afford that luxury at farang prices.  So I just sit here convalescing in home isolation.  

Thanks for that. Yet another breakthrough the vaccines do little good in warding off the illness. It's fobbed off now as lessening symptoms. We will never really know.

I've heard as well insurance will not cover hospitEL. Confirmed.

Hope you feel better soon.

Get well.

BTW any clear idea how you picked it up? I'm now of the opinion it's pretty much only airborne for all intents and purposes.

Edited by Chad3000

7 hours ago, internationalism said:

there is no way anywhere in the world now that your travel won't come to abrupt stop and serious problems.

Anybody can get infected in the airport, on the plane. 

Getting insurance sorts out financial burden. Lost time, up to 14 days, has to be calculated. 

Sorry but that's not true. 

Fully vaccinated tourists from the UK can fly to Spain / the Canary Islands (for example) and don't need to take a test until they return home. There are plenty of countries people can take a holiday to without the risk of being banged up for 14 days because of a positive test on arrival. 

And without the risk of alcohol bans! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

That tourists from ten countries including Singapore, Germany, the US and the UK will not need to quarantine but will need to have been double vaxxed and have tests before and after arriving.

I see. That's good news, because this implies that the tourists from the other countries do not need to get "vaxxed" and "have tests".

1 hour ago, tgeezer said:

Four million people is a meaningless figure. Death attributed to this virus have been vastly overestimated in UK and this is probably the case everywhere.  Even becoming sick is a lottery and nothing guarantees that individuals won't become infected whatever precautions are taken. Lives appear to have been saved only because numbers of deaths were vast overestimates. 

Yet more disinformation from you. I am sure you believe that you are correct, and that the medical examiners in the UK are providing incorrect information. 

Can you tell us about your medical degree, and why you think medical examiners in the UK are getting it wrong? 

Mind you, I am not talking about deaths reported daily, but rather the numbers of deaths from Covid recorded on death certificates. 

Edited by Danderman123

Miniscule testing, ineffective vaccines for much of the population, dubious reporting, Covid far from declining is absolutely rampant across the nation.

Dick heads solution is open the country up for one almighty free for all!

Let the hunger games begin !!

If Covid carnage ensues it will be blamed on the millions  hundreds of arriving tourists.

Edited by sapson

7 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Very sad really.

Spending all that money , along with all the Aggravations to fly to Thailand and do what ?

Drink

Why not just stay in your own Home. Its far cheaper and much safer.

Thailand had always attracted alcoholics, myself included. 

3 minutes ago, Pierre Hanot said:

Many of us do not know what COE stands for... I don't. And I live in Thailand. ????

could it be Certificate Of Entry   555

Certificate of Entry (COE) to Thailand

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1