Confusion reigns as Thai PM announces end of quarantine and alcohol restart "spoiler"

webfact

12 minutes ago, steven100 said:

what nobody here realizes or has mentioned .....  It's all a game ,  the PM is dangling the carrot, and he's playing the game.  He will make confirmed announcements when he knows he's correct and winning the game. 

If he dangles a mama cup Im in!.........(thats 2 now for mama #)

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, steven100 said:

what nobody here realizes or has mentioned .....  It's all a game ,  the PM is dangling the carrot, and he's playing the game.  He will make confirmed announcements when he knows he's correct and winning the game. 

So what your saying is last night was just a show for the world to see.  That is a very dangerous game to play @steven100 do you not think, or is he setting himself up to be seen as a benefactor and doing just one good thing for the country before he decides to blow the popsicle stand....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

He's not doing me a favour, I don't want tourist coming yet, until all have been vaccinated. 

I thought you were always one to spout how people were starving, needed to work, and this had gone on long enough. Must have been someone else probably.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

So what your saying is last night was just a show for the world to see.  That is a very dangerous game to play @steven100 do you not think, or is he setting himself up to be seen as a benefactor and doing just one good thing for the country before he decides to blow the popsicle stand....

I still believe the way he releases information and makes decisions is being played out ........   just my opinion

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thailand hasn't had a professional politician as PM since the early 2000s. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

So... what about fully vaccinated Thais returning to Thailand? Are they exempt from quarantine? 

Might depend where they are coming from... one of the 10 countries and fully vaccinated, I would expect so.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The scenes I saw of Mexico, burying their dead in mass graves, did not look like enjoying life to me. 

The past is the past, the present is the present and the number of cases in Mexico today is 8.800 which is lower than in Thailand and that with a much bigger population. Stop scaremongering over past events that don't reflect the current reality. 

edit : meanwhile in thailand with only 30% vaccinated we have days again that the death toll on the road is higher than the number of people that die -with- covid. Again look at the UK with 3x more cases than Thailand. The vax works but only for 4/6 moths. 

Edited by WhatsNext
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

The past is the past, the present is the present and the number of cases in Mexico today is 8.800 which is lower than in Thailand and that with a much bigger population. Stop scaremongering over past events that don't reflect the current reality. 

current reality depends on what country you are talking about and other factors - read my above post

4 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

People need to learn from past mistakes....to ignore it is foolish.

Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it..

Stop trivializing.

Road deaths have absolutely nothing to do with Covid ad simply using distraction!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

When it comes to alcohol the situation is still utterly unclear.

About as cloudy as a Pernod and water. 

The Thai media interpreted the PM's announcement that alcohol would be allowed in restaurants from December 1st. 

But that pubs, bars and nightclubs would only be allowed to reopen.

It wasn't stated that the blanket alcohol ban would be lifted for all establishments. 

If Aseannow readers are not sure of the situation, I don’t think the above 5 paragraphs will help the matter. If you’re going to be critical of others for poor communication, check your own work before you publish.

• Thanks 1