Confusion reigns as Thai PM announces end of quarantine and alcohol restart "spoiler"

webfact

5 hours ago, internationalism said:

it's a positive development. At least not waiting for a confirmation at the very end of month - as many predicted.

He has confined 1st november for 10 countries (I hope that not naming all of them would open chance for more) and the 1st December for many more.

So sandboxes are getting in, instead of ASQ and ALQ.

Multiple tests are out one before departure (usually airlines need it) and one after arrival.

COE and insurance are doable, if somebody is serious on travel. CEO is free. Insurance can also be shopped around - 15k per year for under 75 yo. It might come handy in case of next waves, coming and going every few month, so money not wasted.

Those 3 weeks to beginning of November would allow travellers to plan accordingly and buy tickets from those named countries. So it can be easily done for all europeans to depart from Germany, for Irish passport from the UK, for canadians from the USA, any asian countries from singapore.

I am planning a trip to europe to Belgium, which is easy to enter, but return from germany  

No mention of sandboxes only test on arrival.

Thai's do not need tests to travel and the airlines do demand this. its the country of arrival that dictates your pre departure tests and time of said tests.

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

what nobody here realizes or has mentioned .....  It's all a game ,  the PM is dangling the carrot, and he's playing the game.  He will make confirmed announcements when he knows he's correct and winning the game. 

Seven years of babbling incompetence by Prayut says you are wrong. 

It's quite clear that the PM's announcement is an early announcement, an indication what regulations might be enacted finally. Not more not less, but with a high probability that entering Thailand will become easier. I am confused why people are confused now. We have to wait for the final regulations but get an idea already now. At least I like to get early hints. Unfortunately this forum seems to be a pool of whining pubescent boys throwing tantrums because they don't get immediately what they want (probably cheap prostitutes and beer).

Edited by Stefanix
addition
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Stefanix said:

It's quite clear that the PM's announcement is an early announcement, an indication what regulations might be enacted finally. Not more not less, but with a high probability that entering Thailand will become easier. I am confused why people are confused now. We have to wait for the final regulations but get an idea already now. At least I like to get early hints. Unfortunately this forum seems to be a pool of whining pubescent boys throwing tantrums because they don't get immediately what they want.

That's what happens when you make an early announcement without the details, its called normal interest in what the outcome may actually be so they can commence planning, its only 2 weeks away! I'm sure those arriving in Nov through the sandbox or ASQ are biting at the bit to know so they can cancel they're already booked hotels. Others who have to book their xmas holidays at work will also be waiting.

You never know perhaps even businesses here are eager to know so they can get staffed up again for this massive influx or trikkle of tourists?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I thought you were always one to spout how people were starving, needed to work, and this had gone on long enough. Must have been someone else probably.  

It was his alter ego, I can't remember what days of the week he is Thai or Scottish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He has avowed that the risks of reopening outweigh the continuing calamity caused to the economy by the pandemic, especially its tourism sector.

Blaming the pandemic again instead of the governments calamity in making decisions.

"low risk" countries...

what is meant with "low risk" ?

apparently, the list includes the UK, Singapore, USA...

the UK has a number of 40k new cases a day and rising

the USA about 90k

Singapore is in the middle of its worst outbreak with 3000 cases a day which is a lot considering the size of the country

so what is meant with "low risk" ??

40 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

What if the grand parents happen to live in Thailand and the whole reason for the trip was to come and see them?

Yeah and my response was tongue in cheek !

But what isn't is my answer in another post and that is to see what clarity is given on Thursday when the official response comes from the CCSA.

Everybody jumping up and down and making presumptions and guesstimates when the actual full stated position has not yet been given officially.

6 minutes ago, tgw said:

"low risk" countries...

what is meant with "low risk" ?

apparently, the list includes the UK, Singapore, USA...

the UK has a number of 40k new cases a day and rising

the USA about 90k

Singapore is in the middle of its worst outbreak with 3000 cases a day which is a lot considering the size of the country

so what is meant with "low risk" ??

Low risk of running out of funds when they get here!

• Like 2

Just now, Scouse123 said:

Yeah and my response was tongue in cheek !

But what isn't is my answer in another post and that is to see what clarity is given on Thursday when the official response comes from the CCSA.

Everybody jumping up and down and making presumptions and guesstimates when the actual full stated position has not yet been given officially.

Accepted the tongue in cheek but this is a true life senario personally and time is short

14 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Ahem; he and his Gangster mates are Plundering the country whilst pretending to run it !

totally agree

This last 8 months has seen countless emergency budgets of billions and billions of baht - where did it all go ?????????????????????

There is litterally no accountability - nothing, those in charge have exempted themselves from declaring earnings and assets - that's a big question mark right there

My catchfraze for this is "where there is a budget they can fudge it"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2long said:

I think, like most of the 'decisions' recently, that their tactic is to give us teasers/spoilers and see what the reaction is, and then make the decision based on the reaction. They're too dumb (and to scared of getting it wrong time and time again) to just make a decision and it be wrong, even though they do like a good flip flop u-turn! That's my take on it anyway.

But wouldn't it have been wise for the Bangkok Guvnor to send out feelers before chaining boats to bridges! ????

I agree, test the water before paddling

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayuth has stated that the tourism industry cannot stand another decimated high season. He has avowed that the risks of reopening outweigh the continuing calamity caused to the economy by the pandemic, especially its tourism sector.

But back in March or April last year the were saying tourism has little effect on the economy (9% I believe was originally touted) and that they could sustain themselves without foreign tourists. Most people here believed otherwise as we could all see how dependant they are on that teat. I agree they cannot afford to go on like this so somethings got to give. COVID-19 in almost all cases is treatable especially if meds are started early on and the vast majority can be treated as out patients rather than blocking beds for patients who are late in receiving medical attention or have an underlying medical condition. There is no reason to have medical facilities over-whelmed if managed properly but I guess that right there is the problem…being organised rather than always constantly looking to see how to make a quick buck out everything and if you can’t then not bothering to do anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malibukid said:

what is the price of a human life?

Dunno ask the Thais that have lost their livelihoods, penniless, and no hope of a future. Add the increase in suicides, mental health issues etc. 

For 9 Covid deaths/million of population over the past week. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/weekly-trends/#weekly_table

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1