Confusion reigns as Thai PM announces end of quarantine and alcohol restart "spoiler"

webfact

It is not clear what would happen to people over 75 if they leave and then try to re-enter Thailand.   Would an alternative to the required insurance be available such as depositing 400,000 in a bank account with the money only available to pay medical expenses?  I would like to visit family in America next year but will be 79 then.   Perhaps I will need to send them tickets to visit me here. 

The Baht strengthened quite a bit after his announcement. Let's hope there won't be another U-turn again.

For those who tested positive after arrival, will they be sent back to where they came from?

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, 10baht said:

No, if it weren't confusing, it should be.

I wouldn't worry about it, I'm certain that many have already booked their tickets and the entire scheme will be so different by the time it finally rolls out it will be completely different.

Expect several news stories and people whining here because they booked airline tickets based on a typical convoluted thai news story 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Not everyone is as selfish as you.

People are struggling, they need to get back to work. This industry pays a lot of people.

What is selfish about not wanting foreigners during a Pandemic?

One could argue that those in the tourism industry are being selfish, placing their own greed ahead of their countryman's health.

The one's making these decisions are not the ones I feel sorry for, but the ones that own large hotels, tourist businesses, who know the risks. I have one friend who sold one of his houses at a reduced price of 10 million baht, what a shame, he only has 9 left.  

I am so tired of this, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, without anything open why even bother coming ? Someone with a brain needs to take charge come up with a plan, Dates and stick to it. Enough of these sill hoops to jump through, I was going to call my travel agent today by why bother, it will just get changed again. I will not come till the COE is dropped and all these other silly requirements. It is Thailand and I know they have their "thai" ways that totally lack any logic to the outside world. Enough with these false start already all they do is cost everyone money How can you make plans with this incompetence ? Costa Rica is looking better every day at least they know what they are doing 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

An 8% CFR suggests that Mexico was one of the worst countries in the world dealing with this virus for the deaths in its population.

Mexico didn't "deal" with anything. I'm not sure where it stands now but Mexico was recently the most obese country in the world. That's the reason they're having  a bad time with COVID.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

You tell em Steven!

Kadilo,  it just makes me laugh that every few months some farang on here continue to say ' he's gone ' and he's in trouble ' and rubbish like that.  

He'sbeen doing the job for a long time now and he will most likely continue as he should.

Why do the farang waste their mindless energy on this .....   LoL    !!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, johnhender said:

I will not come till the COE is dropped and all these other silly requirements. It is Thailand and I know they have their "thai" ways that totally lack any logic to the outside world.

Why do you want to come here then? Doesn't sound like you have much respect for the culture. 

15 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Good job by Khun Prayut Chan O Cha ......  PM of Thailand ......  and likely for another 7+ years or more.

Lets hope .............. 

1888946551_coverphoto.PNG.f3a50069fad700517421b44afa6221aa.PNG

You either know nothing about Thai politics or you are trying to be funny. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

You either know nothing about Thai politics or you are trying to be funny. 

and how ?    Khun Prayut Chan O Cha is the PM or Thailand and is likely to be their for a long time.

so what part is funny  ??????

I as others have read your factless comments previously, and I give it the same score again .. 0

Lol

Edited by steven100

15 minutes ago, steven100 said:

and how ?    Khun Prayut Chan O Cha is the PM or Thailand and is likely to be their for a long time.

so what part is funny  ??????

I as others have read your factless comments previously, and I give it the same score again .. 0

Lol

What previous factless comments? I don't have a clue what score you re on about. 

If you think Prayud is going to be here for 7 years, there's not much to say. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Good job by Khun Prayut Chan O Cha ......  PM of Thailand ......  and likely for another 7+ years or more.

Lets hope .............. 

1888946551_coverphoto.PNG.f3a50069fad700517421b44afa6221aa.PNG

Come on you love a little man in uniform Stephen  lol

• Haha 1