Confusion reigns as Thai PM announces end of quarantine and alcohol restart "spoiler"

webfact

2 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

Stop scaremongering, the virus is on it's way out, if you want to learn from the past then look at the spanish flu that took 2,5 years to go on it's own, this one is much much less problematic and will go on it's own as well. With or without the jab. And again, the current situation in mexico is better than in Thailand, so where am i wrong exactly ? Arguments please.

I do not see 282,227 deaths  relative to 17,800 as better in any way! I doubt the relatives of those lost feel good about it either. 

• Like 1

Just now, WhatsNext said:

I am talking about the situation this day, week, month, not what happened before. Why you try to steer the discussion that way when it's clearly NOT ABOUT THE PAST.

Ah, so you admit Mexico got it wrong now? The present becomes the past.....it already is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhatsNext said:

Nooooooooooooooooo you just want to be right regardless of content, its getting hilarious now. I am talking aboujt mexico TODAY, o dear god did you find the one open bar in pattaya and drank everything ????

It is 11am..... so now it is personal attacks....

Mexico today has 1/4 million graves more than it should have....and Mexico reported 2x the number of daily Covid deaths Thailand did....TODAY!! Yes TODAY 

46 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

The past is the past, the present is the present and the number of cases in Mexico today is 8.800 which is lower than in Thailand and that with a much bigger population. Stop scaremongering over past events that don't reflect the current reality. 

edit : meanwhile in thailand with only 30% vaccinated we have days again that the death toll on the road is higher than the number of people that die -with- covid. Again look at the UK with 3x more cases than Thailand. The vax works but only for 4/6 moths. 

An 8% CFR suggests that Mexico was one of the worst countries in the world dealing with this virus for the deaths in its population. The past for the buried is not to be forgotten.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhatsNext said:

So wait a minute : If the vax works then why do we need tests, and if it doesn't work then why do we need a vax. But that's logical thinking which is in very short supply everywhere on the world in the last 20 months. 

If you have information on how a vaccination can indicate infection then you need to tell someone.

I suspect however some illogical thinking.

7 hours ago, WhatsNext said:

Stop scaremongering, the virus is on it's way out, if you want to learn from the past then look at the spanish flu that took 2,5 years to go on it's own, this one is much much less problematic and will go on it's own as well. With or without the jab.

So when did flu go away on it's own?

Unfortunately, during the last winter flu season in the southern hemisphere, little epidemiological evidence was collected regarding the interaction between COVID-19 and flu, likely due to a low IAV infection rate resulting from social distancing.8 One case report showed that three out of four SARS-CoV-2 and IAV coinfected patients rapidly develop respiratory deterioration.9 In contrast, another study only reported mild symptoms in limited coinfection outpatients.10 

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41422-021-00473-1

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.

Really should not keep saying double vaxed because vaccines such as single jab Johnson Johnson is supposedly approved.  Words can sometimes make it into policies and cause problems.  At the moment, what I hear for Pattaya is still a modified sandbox scheme.  Assuming properly vaccinated, PFizer, Moderna, AZ, Jannsen etc:

1:  Will need COE

2: will need pre paid SHA hotel for 7 days in Pats.  Not quarantined in, but must stay there very night

3:  NEgative PCR test prior to flying or entering Bangkok? Not sure if required for Vaccinated but at the moment seems to be 2 tests must be paid as part of hotel pricing

4:  Not sure about any vital sign monitoring while at hotel, mandatory health reporting for the 7 days on any app or website.

5:  And of course presumably if a long stay O or OA visa get that in avance from (USA in my case) and the things that visa needs OA needs Thai approved health insurance or cert form if you can get yours signed and approved for your own insurance.

6; Will Still need extra COVID insurance coverage

Bloomberg TV channel just parroted the headline about no quarantine in one sentence or two, but of course no details.

2 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Surely if only vaccinated and twice tested tourists are allowed into Thailand then the locals have next to zero risk from them. The risk in Thailand is Thais infecting Thais until they all are vaccinated.

Precisely, as demonstrated by the Phuket scenario.

The man can't get out of his own way. I don't understand his words, but it's obvious to me he flaps his lips waaaaaay too much. He's in love with the sound of his own voice and has a major power trip not unlike many other military men and politicians. In this case you have both rolled into one.

IF there's a fair election he'll see what the people think of him soon enough. That's unless he declares another state of emergency and decides to cancel the election.

Nothing would surprise me.

Its some where between a confused opening nov 1 and maybe entertainment dec 1 with many unknowns nothing specific comeback next year when they get rid of COE

Vaccination doesent make any difference lol

Edited by tomyami

5 hours ago, internationalism said:

it's a positive development. At least not waiting for a confirmation at the very end of month - as many predicted.

He has confined 1st november for 10 countries (I hope that not naming all of them would open chance for more) and the 1st December for many more.

So sandboxes are getting in, instead of ASQ and ALQ.

Multiple tests are out one before departure (usually airlines need it) and one after arrival.

COE and insurance are doable, if somebody is serious on travel. CEO is free. Insurance can also be shopped around - 15k per year for under 75 yo. It might come handy in case of next waves, coming and going every few month, so money not wasted.

Those 3 weeks to beginning of November would allow travellers to plan accordingly and buy tickets from those named countries. So it can be easily done for all europeans to depart from Germany, for Irish passport from the UK, for canadians from the USA, any asian countries from singapore.

I am planning a trip to europe to Belgium, which is easy to enter, but return from germany  

So that’s easy is it ?

When I travel I want to go to the airport get on the plane and get off at the other end.

I don’t want COE or extra insurance, Covid testing, traveling from Germany or becoming an Irish citizen

I will stay in Thailand thanks.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, 2long said:

I think, like most of the 'decisions' recently, that their tactic is to give us teasers/spoilers and see what the reaction is, and then make the decision based on the reaction. They're too dumb (and to scared of getting it wrong time and time again) to just make a decision and it be wrong, even though they do like a good flip flop u-turn! That's my take on it anyway.

But wouldn't it have been wise for the Bangkok Guvnor to send out feelers before chaining boats to bridges! ????

can't blame them, the got burned by not joining Covax

3 hours ago, WhatsNext said:

Stop scaremongering, the virus is on it's way out, if you want to learn from the past then look at the spanish flu that took 2,5 years to go on it's own, this one is much much less problematic and will go on it's own as well. With or without the jab. And again, the current situation in mexico is better than in Thailand, so where am i wrong exactly ? Arguments please.

And stop posting misleading rubbish.

https://theconversation.com/will-coronavirus-really-evolve-to-become-less-deadly-153817

It could take decades to weaken.

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

One of the more interesting measures I'm keen to know about are families that may want to come. Children under 12 in the UK are not vaccinated, those under 16 only have one shot of Pfizer. 

So whats the state of play there? Do they have to quarantine as officially they are not fully vaccinated. If so then a 2 week family holiday is out of the question.

Leave the kids at their grandparents for two weeks!

Problem solved ????????

3 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I say 100% wait until Thursday for clarity and let's not dream up or speculate on problems that may not arise!

Thank you. Was about to post something similar as the thread was digressing. The only thing we know so far is that quarantine is to be scrapped (good news) for people travelling from 10 countries, with more to be added in time. There is no confusion for me as the details of how it will work have not been given yet. We will hopefully learn more on Thursday. I would like the COE etc removed but not sure it can be until the emergency decree is revoked.