Vaccine shots got abroad can be officially recognized in Thailand?

Svadhistana

We got 2 Pfizer shots on last July in Europe before coming here and we have certificate in English stating it. Do we have to do anything in order to be recognized as "fully vaccinated" here in Thailand and be allowed to do the same things that people vaccinated in Thailand are (or will be) allowed to do? If not, what we are supposed to do? Thank you for enlightening us.

Guest TerryS123

I think he is asking what happens when they start requiring Thailand certificate/app to get into venues, night clubs, concerts, etc. For us that got our vaccines overseas, we cannot get a Thai cert. Will our certificates outside of Thailand let us in these venues when they start requiring it. 

The one place that has asked to see my vaccine certs was the Hai Di Lao hotpot restaurant at Central Rama IX.   They were fine with photos of our US CDC cards.   I probably should have told them that it's actually customary to ask to see IDs as well to at least check to see if the names match, maybe next time.     

• Like 1

Of course. You can only get the better vaccines abroad, as nearly all nations set their sights higher than Thailand, and used more than simply budget as criteria. They were actually considering their economies, the well being of their people, and tourism. 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Pfizer is approved for use here and they are vaccinating people with it.

List approved vaccines to enter Thailand follows.

accredited-vaccines.jpg

Yea, but that's not the question. Of course we all got here with approved vaccines. otherwise we would not  get out COE , at least not for reduced quarantine. 

The question is, if it requires a vaccine certificate to , for instance eat at a restaurant, or enter a theme park as they were saying you would need, 

would out US (or any other country) vaccine certificate be adequate?  How would a restaurant owner even know what a legitimate vaccine certificate from Upper Slovenia look like? 

and if not. how do we convert our foreign vaccine certificate to a Thai one?

Edited by sirineou
typo
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, TerryS123 said:

I think he is asking what happens when they start requiring Thailand certificate/app to get into venues, night clubs, concerts, etc. For us that got our vaccines overseas, we cannot get a Thai cert. Will our certificates outside of Thailand let us in these venues when they start requiring it. 

I've said it before, when the country opens up to tourists that are vaccinated in their home country they will be in the same situation (no Thai app/certificate). I'm guessing local businesses will understand if asked for proof of vaccine and the farang shows them their home country paperwork and most will just glance at it and wave you in, I could probably get away with flashing my dog's vaccination card at them and they'd still let me in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, statman78 said:

I have been traveling around Thailand after returning from the US in June.  When asked to,show proof of vaccination I show them my US CDC vaccination card and never had any trouble.

Then I guess the vaccine pass idea is a useless as most of their other ideas, becaose as bbko said. " I could probably get away with flashing my dog's vaccination card at them and they'd still let me in. " 

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

Yea, but that's not the question. Of course we all got here with approved vaccines. otherwise we would not  get out COE , at least not for reduced quarantine. 

The question is, if it requires a vaccine certificate to , for instance eat at a restaurant, or enter a theme park as they were saying you would need, 

would out US (or any other country) vaccine certificate be adequate?  How would a restaurant owner even know what a legitimate vaccine certificate from Upper Slovenia look like? 

and if not. how do we convert our foreign vaccine certificate to a Thai one?

Exactly. Some people insist on answering a question that was never asked which invariably diverts the topic in another direction.

Entering the country is a different matter, that is down to the Disease Control Officer and when I arrived she accepted my NHS card but that doesn't mean that it would be accepted anywhere else, in fact the London Embassy would not accept it.

I have contacted the Department of Disease Control on the issue but not had a reply.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bbko said:

I've said it before, when the country opens up to tourists that are vaccinated in their home country they will be in the same situation (no Thai app/certificate). I'm guessing local businesses will understand if asked for proof of vaccine and the farang shows them their home country paperwork and most will just glance at it and wave you in, I could probably get away with flashing my dog's vaccination card at them and they'd still let me in. 

You may well be right with something working in favour of the foreigner.

I was visiting Dublin a couple of weeks ago and one of the bars asked for proof of vaccination. We just flashed our NHS cards, he hardly glanced at them and said OK. A bunch of locals followed us in and he really examined their vaccination certificates, probably had one himself and familiar.

Everyone had to fill in the contact tracing form, he checked the phone numbers of the locals, not ours.

The question is, here in Thailand will expats be caught in the middle.